Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

Buffett, Please start a Fund to profit from the credit crisis and save USA

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2008 12:44:47 PM PDT
R. Reddi says:
Warren Buffet, If you start a fund to invest in the credit crisis, i am confident that you can raise more than 700 Billion dollars capital. Worlds trusts you more than any body else. This is one of the biggest philanthropical thing you could do to mankind. I will invest my savings of 3000$ into fund. i am not confident of my job position, otherwise i could have invested 10,000$. Please make the minimum amount as 1000$ or less. So many people can patriotically join. Using the fund assets you can buy toxic cdo, mbs at pennies on the dollar etc. Long Live Warren Buffett

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2008 7:45:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 10, 2008 7:46:33 PM PDT
Ima Consumer says:
Well, I'm certainly in no position to speak for Mr. Buffett, but I would guess that he would not be inclined to start such a fund. As CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, his primary responsibility is to choose the right mix of investments for BH, and give the managers of his subsidiary companies the freedom to run their operations and meet their goals.

As far as the "philanthropical thing," his 2006 commitment to donate 37 billion dollars (over a period of ten years) to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation should go a long way to fulfull that "philanthropical thing." Don't you agree?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2008 7:00:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 12, 2008 7:44:02 AM PDT
This is not only a money crisis but an American Culture Crisis:

. Real Estate KoolAid
. Excessive Leverage
. Acting not responsibly: Pledge allegiance to the flag and kick the country in the rear end for a buck
. Arrogance
. Having it so good for so long has its downside

Not only Wall Street was a culprit but main street also....Only too happy to get themselves in huge houses by using low interest rates to finance the dream. The whole country including the government was partying and we are still denying it was our fault...So easy to blame others.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 9, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 12, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life
The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life by Alice Schroeder (Paperback - October 27, 2009)
4.3 out of 5 stars (450)