- Hardcover: 176 pages
- Publisher: 47North; Box edition (December 11, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1612184138
- ISBN-13: 978-1612184135
- Product Dimensions: 12.1 x 9.1 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.9 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 111 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #601,772 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Buffy: The Making of a Slayer Hardcover – December 11, 2012
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"What is outstanding is the variety of colour photographs included and some of these are really superb. Many are full page and some double-page ... At the back of the book, there is an enormous bibliography in case you missed any of the associated books, let alone all the comics, canon and otherwise, to this point."
"This beautiful hardcover book comes in a clamshell slipcase and is the first authorized, fully illustrated retrospective of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. It’s full of pictures and commentary that give a behind-the-scenes look at everyone’s favorite slayer. You’ll learn about the characters and mythology of the universe and how it developed further with each season while you drool over the 120 images of the cast, props, and show memorabilia."
About the Author
New York Times bestselling author Nancy Holder is a Buffy expert, fan, and five-time recipient of the Bram Stoker Award for superior achievement in horror writing. She has worked on dozens of projects set in the world of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, including The Watcher's Guides and The Angel Casefiles, Tales of the Slayer, Immortal, Halloween Rain, Child of the Hunt, Ghost Roads, and many others. A member of the Whedon Studies Association, she has served as a featured speaker at WSA's Slayage conferences and occasionally teaches courses in writing and on Buffy the Vampire Slayer at UCSD. She lives in San Diego, California.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
i'm not really expecting to get an indepth look at buffy, because honestly, your a buffy fan, you ALREADY know everything there is to know about buffy when the show ran and what we got on special features and other books. this is really just meant as a nice memento, a good look back at what we all loved about buffy.
If you are looking for a great guide to Buffy then pick up "Dusted: The Unauthorized Guide to Buffy the Vampire Slayer" there is way more extra information in that book then there is in this one.
The greatest thing about this book however are the inserts and the case that the book comes in. I absolutely love the inserts and the book casing is really nice.
Overall if you want a fancy version of what most of you already own, then get this book. Otherwise do a little more research if you would like something with more information in one volume.
1) It's pretty. The cover that the book and artifacts come in is extremely sturdy and nice looking, and the pages of the book are thick and glossy and have beautiful images from the show and behind the scenes.
2) The artifacts are very nice. The shadowcasters are kind of flimsy, but other than that they are well made.
1) The actual book. While it is presented very nicely, much of the content from the show is written incorrectly. SPOILER ALERT FOR BUFFY SEASON 7!!! Most of the book simply tells the story of what happened on the show, and in many cases the author gets the story mixed up. For example, to quote the book "Then Faith leads the team into disaster against Caleb and the First. Girls are killed and Xander loses an eye to Caleb. The group puts Buffy back in charge and, armed with the scythe, she prepares her final battle plan." However, in the show it is Buffy that leads the team into battle against Caleb. After it goes awry, the potentials and even her close friends and sister elect for her to leave the team, and Faith takes over as leader then. Other than this, the author mainly just rearranged what happened in the show, which tells a different story overall then what actually happened.
Overall, I am of the opinion that this book was not very well written, especially not for it's price. However, if you are simply looking for a nice Buffy book to display, this is the book for you.
The Making of a Slayer is the compendium for back story and production notes on the Show Buffy The Vampire Slayer. This is a must buy for any serious BTVS fan. Construction of the product is high quality. Presentation is very earnest. All peripherals that come along with it are well crafted and thought out. You will learn stuff you never knew about the making of the series. You will also get great back story on the mythos.