Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Album (1999 Television Series) Soundtrack
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. "Buffy Theme" (Every episode)
2. "Teenage FBI" (Does not ever appear in the series)
3. "Temptation Waits" (Does not ever appear in the series)
4. "Strong" (episode 1x5 Never Kill a Boy on the First Date)
5. "I Quit" (Does not ever appear in the series)
6. "Over My Head" (Does not ever appear in the series)
7. "Lucky" (episode 4x3 The Harsh Light of Day)
8. "Keep Myself Awake" (episode 4x13 The I in Team)
9. "Virgin State of Mind" (episode 3x16 Doppelgangland)
10. "Already Met You" (episode 1x4 Teacher's Pet)
11. "God is a Man" (episode 4x18 Where the Wild Things Are)
12. "Nothing But You" (episode 4x5 Beer Bad)
13. "It Doesn't Matter" (episode 2x1 When She Was Bad)
14. "Wild Horses" (episode 3x20 The Prom)
15. "Pain" (episodes 2x16 Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered, 3x2 Dead Man's Party and 4x2 Living Conditions)
16. "Charge" (episode 2x19 I Only Have Eyes for You)
17. "Transylvanian Concubine" (episode 2x13 Surprise)
18. "Close Your Eyes" (several but featured heavily in 2x22 Becoming)
For anyone who want's the Sarah McLachlan 'Full of Grace' song, buy her 1997 album 'Surfacing'.
Apart from that, Buffy Slays, and Joss Whedon is a class writer. Nuff said.
For almost four years, Buffy the Vampire Slayer has been appealing to early teens. One of its biggest appeals has been the music. This isn't your typical top forty schlock. The fans of the show will tell you its great. What else would you expect?
In fact this is one of the best CDs I purchased in 1999. The only song on the CD that I'm not crazy about is "The Devil You Know"
Some of the songs have a decided link to the show, such as "Transylvania Concubine" and the theme song by Nerf Herder, but even these songs merit listening to.
My personal favorite on the CD is the cover of "Wild Horses" by the Sundays. It is hard to pull off a famous cover song but the Sundays have filled their version with a haunting emotion that Mick Jagger could have never managed.
The CD should appeal to anyone who likes alternative rock and possibly even the adult contemporary crowd who swears the "New Wave" never ended.
My favorites include "Transylvanian Concubine" and the wicked "Temptation Waits",the flavor of these songs suiting the more slightly gothic side of the TV show,without going over the top.To cater to the drama side of Buffy,we have the emotional "Virgin State of Mind","Wild Horses","It Doesn't Matter",and "Keep Myself Awake",which are all very nice.My other favorite song would be "Teenage FBI".I never heard it before I got this album,so I don't recall where on Earth they used it on the show,but it really grew on me the first time I heard it.
The other songs on the CD include the slightly irritating "I Quit",the infamous Buffy/Angel love theme composed by Christophe Beck,and Bif Naked's "Lucky".
And,of course,Four Star Mary's "Pain". (on the show,Oz's band "Dingoes Ate My Baby" plays Four Star Mary's music)
It's probably the best song by Four Star Mary,but unfortunetely,it's an edited versian (due to a cuss word or two) on the Buffy album.If you buy FSM's album,you get the unedited versian of the song.The edit doesn't take TOO much away from the song,but it's certainly a noticable difference.
All in all,I'd definitely reccomend the CD to a Buffy fan,or even a non-fan.It's a good sampling of all kinds of interesting current artists.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It seems like something makes me come back here every now and then to read reviews on this most awesome soundtrack album. Read morePublished 10 months ago by mrblack
This Is absolutely the best cd of Buffy they ever made! the songs are beautiful but I continue don't understand why this production don't fit the rite songs for the rite... Read morePublished 17 months ago by aurora
This is just a great album, full of indie rock gems from the late 90's. I highly recommend it!Published 19 months ago by !wolfie!
What a great album, every song brings me into a trance of reminiscing. The early seasons of BtVS had a great soundtrack, and this CD goes a long way in delivering it.Published 23 months ago by Josh Daniels
Awesome! Love it! I recommend this to everyone because it is awesome! It is a very cool item to have!Published on May 5, 2013 by Reuben Gregorian