Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 19, 2017
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite show of all time. This show is so amazing. Joss Whedon and the other story writers are geniuses. The show is funny, witty, emotional and just completely sucks you in. I have had this box set for at least about 8 years and it's still in perfect shape and every disc works. The casing is so beautiful and exquisite. This show is so moving. I would recommend this show to EVERYONE. I'm so completely satisfied with my purchase. I <3 my Buffy and it's one of my most prized possessions. I've watched every season at least 10 times since I bought it. Best purchase ever!
13 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on October 9, 2014
If you are a Buffy Fan, this is a great collection! I bought these back in 2005--almost 10 years ago. I just spent last weekend pulling Buffy from my DVD rack and binge watching the show (not for my first time since I've owned them) and I must say that i was quite pleased that I purchased! It was a fabulous invest! For any Buffy Fan, you must own these! What if your internet is lagging? What if you get the urge to watch "Once More, with Feeling" (the seventh episode of the sixth season) only to find you on-demand video service dropped Buffy like a hot potato from their streaming line up?

If you haven't ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but you enjoy a good supernatural shows now and then, then this is the series for you. Its smart, funny, dramatic, and (best of all) ran from the late 90's to the early 2000's. There just something about television from that era! Joss Whedon was the creator of this series, and I think we can all agree he his hilariously brilliant, so that's another reason to give this show a shot! Seriously, its a great series and I highly recommend that you spend some cash to purchase this gem. As soon as it arrives, call some friends over and watch it in one weekend! You'll be glad you did!
7 people found this helpful
on February 2, 2018
Shipping was on time no complaints on that. Packaging was decent. Little knicks on the side of the box, but that doesn't bother me much. However, seasons 5, 6 and 7 cases were broken in some places. Nothing too horrible but still kind of bumbed out that it was broken; with me paying for a new product. But I think it has to do with whoever set up this boxset style, maybe? That's why I'm giving it 4 stars. I'm going to have to watch the whole series again to find out if every disc works, but NO complaint there lol. Over all I'm currently pleased with my purchase and the product it's self. I will edit my post when I'm done watching all 39 discs to let you know if they all work or don't.
on June 17, 2017
My favorite show everrrr! I absolutely had to buy it! Never regretted my decision! Pretty reasonable price for the whole collection! I kind of collect DVDs so this was a great addition. Plus you never know when Netflix will take your fave shows off, so get them while you can haha!
3 people found this helpful
on April 29, 2016
My husband and I are really huge Buffy fans and we decided on buying this dvd set. We were excited when we received the package but then not so much when I noticed the plastic on the box was ripped and so was the box, then upon opening the box realized that one of the season boxes was broken. We spend a hefty amount for the complete series and just wish it wasn't ripped or broken :/
review imagereview image
20 people found this helpful
on January 17, 2018
One of my favorite series of all time! And I almost missed the boat because of a bad movie and what I thought at the time was a stupid title. I started watching with a group of friends on season 4 and knew within 2 episodes that I had made a huge mistake. This is far more than a teen vampire series. It's mythology, it's psychology, and it has a female hero you will grow to love and believe in.
One person found this helpful
on December 11, 2012
I like this set. I would still have bought it if I had known about the quirks that it has.

The two things I wish were different about this set are: 1. I wish the menus on the discs were more straight-forward. Some menus are in a circle which seems to confuse my DVD player at times. Also, on at least the first season, the titles of the episodes are configured into a square instead of a list, so you have to consult the dvd case to figure out the order the episodes are in.

2. There is no "Play All" option on the disc. You have to go episode to episode. Each time an episode ends, you are brought back to the episode menu and you have to return to the main menu to select the next episode.

Both issues are minor and only slight inconveniences, not really anything that makes this set unworthy of purchase. I have enjoyed owning this set and would buy this as a gift.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 27, 2017
I bought this set mostly for the Extras, and because Netflix has trimmed off some scenes. It's otherwise a regular set. The back is peeling off, but the boxes and DVDs are just fine.
on April 21, 2008
I'm ashamed to admit that I lost track of Buffy after the end of the fifth season. I regret that, as the 6th and 7th seasons sent the characters in interesting new directions. The Season Overview on the DVDs were particularly helpful in reevaluating my negative opinion. Once I understood where Joss and the writers were going, I was able to sit back and finally enjoy the episodes for what they were.

Overall, Buffy The Vampire Slayer is the story of a young person's journey from their awkward teenage years to the cusp of young adulthood. Seeing Buffy's transformation from an ebullient uncertain teen to a strong and confident leader is incredible viewing. And the journey of the other characters (Willow and Xander in particular) is no less affecting.

This new package is a complete collection of all the previously released Buffy DVD Boxsets. The only new addition is an extra DVD disc featuring new documentaries about different aspects of the series. My favourite is the retrospective from Cast and crew members. It's great to see that they still have such fond memories of the show that they put so much time, hard work and commitment into.

It's great to look back on Buffy over half-a-decade after it ended. Considering mass entertainment's tendency to gravitate towards mediocrity, it's a miracle this show ended up on television at all. It's also a miracle that Joss was able to sheperd the show all the way to its conclusion. Particularly after the experiences of Aaron Sorkin (The West Wing) and Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls).

Buffy is (and remains) one of my favourite TV series. And the show is just as relevant today as it was back then.
One person found this helpful
on March 26, 2008
While you're reading this, keep in mind that I'm gearing my review towards people who aren't necessarily huge Buffy fans yet - perhaps the kind of people that have always had a slight interest in the show, but weren't really old enough to get into the show when it originally aired. I was 10 when it started; I was into Rocco's Modern Life, not vampire dramadies.

Having recently become a rabid follower of primetime dramas, I can rest assured in saying that Buffy holds its own to all the shows that are currently front runners with critics and fans alike (shows that will probably be outdated and laughable in a few years). Buffy doesn't get repetitive and agonizingly drawn out like Lost. Plot devices don't repeat and become stale, as in 24, which was a great show in its first 2 seasons. As a result, the seasons of Buffy do NOT lost their repeat value. For instance, I can only watch an episode Family Guy once; any future viewings of the same episode bore me to death within the first 5 minutes. Even in the first two seasons of 24, there isn't much repeat value because the show isn't really layered.

As for Buffy, I could watch the show over, and over, and over, and over..... and never get sick of it. Now, if you're not really a big Buffy fan but are interested in this box set - or even if you just want to fill in the gaps of episodes you haven't seen - trust me when I say that you don't have to be a sci-fi/vampire/monster/etc fan to be able to enjoy this. Of course, all of that is in this show. Vampires galore; weird, creepier-than-Jabba the Hutt monsters, witchcraft and magic all have their place in just about every episode. BUT, every episode also has a "real-life meaning" as well as a fair mix of humor and melodrama (well, to be fair, there's not that much melodrama).

Simply put, if you want to watch a show that treats its audience with a little respect, Buffy may be the only show you'll ever need to watch. Joss and co don't treat their audience as sheep and that's a nice feeling. Plus, if you love talking to your friends about the shows you love - look no further. Buffy allows for many avenues of discussion that will be sure to keep your conversations going.

As for the actual complete series box set, it's probably a 4-star; the only reason I don't give it 5 is because the folders that hold the seasons are kind of difficult to remove. Either you have to completely remove the top folders to get to to lower ones, or you have to hold up the top folders (which may dull the edges). Not a big complaint though. The box looks nice on a shelf; it's kind of shiny and the colors really jump at you.

The bonus disc is actually really cool. There's an hour long interview with Joss, some writers and cast members. There are other interviews/features which dive into some of the academic and/or technical aspects of the show. The other special features that can be found withing each season are nice as well. One of these is, if I'm not mistaken, an A&E documentary on the earlier seasons of the show, featuring cast interviews and clips from the show. There are also a few featurettes which give set tours, make-up details, and other behind-the-scenes footage.

The episode guide is a nice addition, but I didn't find myself using it very often. For the most part, I've been watching the episodes in order (even after having finished the entire series). However, whenever I do want to find a specific episode, the booklet makes it easy to find. The back of each season folder lists the episodes as well.

I bought this set having NEVER seen an entire episode, and as far as I'm concerned I've never been more pleased with anything I've previously purchased.