Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Vant PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 636 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,015 reviews
on October 9, 2014
If you are a Buffy Fan, this is a great collection! I bought these back in 2005--almost 10 years ago. I just spent last weekend pulling Buffy from my DVD rack and binge watching the show (not for my first time since I've owned them) and I must say that i was quite pleased that I purchased! It was a fabulous invest! For any Buffy Fan, you must own these! What if your internet is lagging? What if you get the urge to watch "Once More, with Feeling" (the seventh episode of the sixth season) only to find you on-demand video service dropped Buffy like a hot potato from their streaming line up?

If you haven't ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but you enjoy a good supernatural shows now and then, then this is the series for you. Its smart, funny, dramatic, and (best of all) ran from the late 90's to the early 2000's. There just something about television from that era! Joss Whedon was the creator of this series, and I think we can all agree he his hilariously brilliant, so that's another reason to give this show a shot! Seriously, its a great series and I highly recommend that you spend some cash to purchase this gem. As soon as it arrives, call some friends over and watch it in one weekend! You'll be glad you did!
on June 17, 2017
My favorite show everrrr! I absolutely had to buy it! Never regretted my decision! Pretty reasonable price for the whole collection! I kind of collect DVDs so this was a great addition. Plus you never know when Netflix will take your fave shows off, so get them while you can haha!
on July 5, 2012
I was so happy with this product. The product is in mint condition, aside from the little piece of paper on the back, which was coming off a little, but that's to be expected, since I bought it used. Buffy is my favorite TV show and I'm so happy to finally have the complete series box set. I paid $66 and some change for the box set I bought, which is great, considering that it costs anywhere from $160-$190 new in stores. The only thing that I was upset about was that the packaging was not the one shown in the photo. In the photo, it is a red box with black writing, but the one I received was a different shape and was red and white. I don't mind, because this box looks just as good, and, really, the look of the box is irrelevant, since I bought it for the discs. The box is still very cool. It has images of Spike, Buffy and Angel on one side, nothing on one side, except for the little piece of paper I mentioned, then one side shows Willow, Xander and Faith. The front has the 'Buffy' logo, and the top of the box has a capital 'B' on it. When you open the lid and drop down the front piece, the stacked DVD cases, which flip open, show some of the cast members (only if they're stacked in order). The inside part that flips out says stuff about the Slayer. On the inside, there is a sheet of paper with a message from Joss Whedon, then there is a disc with some different things on it (I'm not sure what it all is because I haven't watched it yet), and then a little booklet. All in all, the box set is great, and even though it was used, it was by no means incomplete---I guessed that it would be damaged in some way and that the booklets and stuff would be missing, but they weren't, which made me even happier. The seller was great and so is the product. I look forward to watching all 7 seasons.
on March 27, 2014
I never watched the series when it originally aired, and did not discover the writing talents of Joss Whedon (spelling??) until watching Serenity DVD, then watching all of Firefly series (again, did not watch any original airings on network TV), along with reading some comics by him. He is an amazing talent (he also wrote Avengers movie)! Therefore, I considered this a bargain, and it is. I am only up to season 3, but it is great being able to watch the series in order, at my convenience, and experience it for the first time. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the other creative efforts of Joss. It is somewhat dated, but what can you expect from a series as old as this. For the most part, the special fx exceeded my expectations.
on April 3, 2016
Everything was as expected, good series and good collection.
My only problem is that you have to play every episode 1 by 1. I am used to the episodes playing in order, this one takes you back to the menu where you have to then click each episode, click play, and go through a small animation. My other issue , but I'm not sure who is at fault, is some episodes look better than others.
on August 21, 2014
After hearing raves about Buffy for years, I finally watched the entire series over a couple months in 2014. It lives up to the hype - great series with so many terrific characters and storylines. Highly recommended.
on January 19, 2014
Buffy the Vampite Slayer is a fantastic show and everyone should watch it. It's a stupid idea on paper, but incredible in execution. I'm a 33 year old male and it ranks up there for me with shows like Breaking Bad. Watch it.
This review is mostly about Amazon though. I didn't receive the box set the day it said it was delivered. It was a Christmas gift for my wife, so I panicked a little and called Amazon. They sent out a second one free of charge and rushed it so I'd get it before Christmas. Now the day I received the second copy the first one arrived as well. A quick call to customer service and I had a label to send the duplicate back to them. None of this at any additional cost. I'm very impressed.
on April 29, 2014
If you're buying a Buffy box set I really have to assume you like the show so this rating isn't regarding the show itself (which is also a 5 star rating). Instead I'm going to review the box set and its contents.

I wish Buffy would be released on Bluray. Why it hasn't been is beyond me. Still, this is a great set. I bought it to replace my old DVDs which I'd had since high school. In the 10-12 years since I'd bought them the cases had been damaged, not to mention the discs. They were well loved. So I decided to replace them. Here's what I can tell you about the set:

1. When Buffy was originally released it was in these thick foldout cases that fit into a slipcase. Honestly, they were a little bulky. This boxset includes a traditional DVD case that is slightly thicker to accomodate all 6 discs that each season has (with the exception of season 1 which is 3 discs). I personally like the slimmer cases. They take up way less room on my media rack and they are considerably less weight.

2. The box is nice for collectors or to wrap up as a gift. However, keeping the seasons in the box doesn't make much sense. In that regard it's just a cardboard box and not much of a selling point. Keeping them in the box makes storing them on any sort of a media rack look awkward.

3. NEVER pay the $200 list price. I've seen it go up as a gold box deal several times, and around the holidays it is always on sale. I paid $59.99 when I got it.

4. The last disc in the box set is a bonus disc with special features. There's a lot of Joss Whedon - that's a good think. But Sarah Michelle Gellar is noticeably absent from the extras with the exception of clips they show from the show itself. I'm not crazy about Buffy special features with no Buffy input but that's just me. The special features include:
- Back to the Hellmouth: A Conversation with Creators and Cast
- Buffy Cast and Crew: Favorite Episodes
- Buffy: An Unlikely Role Model
- Breaking Barriers: It's Not a Chick Fight Thing
- Love Bites: Relationships in the Buffyverse
- Evil Fiends
on December 11, 2012
I like this set. I would still have bought it if I had known about the quirks that it has.

The two things I wish were different about this set are: 1. I wish the menus on the discs were more straight-forward. Some menus are in a circle which seems to confuse my DVD player at times. Also, on at least the first season, the titles of the episodes are configured into a square instead of a list, so you have to consult the dvd case to figure out the order the episodes are in.

2. There is no "Play All" option on the disc. You have to go episode to episode. Each time an episode ends, you are brought back to the episode menu and you have to return to the main menu to select the next episode.

Both issues are minor and only slight inconveniences, not really anything that makes this set unworthy of purchase. I have enjoyed owning this set and would buy this as a gift.
on October 12, 2013
I can't say enough good things about this show, so I won't say any. The box set was a little disappointing though. Normally, I expect a complete series box set to have some additional special features that were not included in the individual season releases, maybe some sort of deluxe packaging, some other extras of some kind, a booklet, a prop reproduction, SOMETHING. Sadly, this box set is literally just the individual seasons, in their individual season packaging, stuffed into a red box. Unless having all the seasons in a single box is somehow important to you, it's pretty likely that you can pick up the individual seasons cheaper than buying the set, especially when I see them at stores like walmart and target at about $15 for 2 seasons shrinkwrapped together. If there had been at least some kind of new or special content to the box set, I'd have been happy to pay the extra money. Oh well.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse