Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 623 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,002 reviews
on January 19, 2017
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite show of all time. This show is so amazing. Joss Whedon and the other story writers are geniuses. The show is funny, witty, emotional and just completely sucks you in. I have had this box set for at least about 8 years and it's still in perfect shape and every disc works. The casing is so beautiful and exquisite. This show is so moving. I would recommend this show to EVERYONE. I'm so completely satisfied with my purchase. I <3 my Buffy and it's one of my most prized possessions. I've watched every season at least 10 times since I bought it. Best purchase ever!
on October 9, 2014
If you are a Buffy Fan, this is a great collection! I bought these back in 2005--almost 10 years ago. I just spent last weekend pulling Buffy from my DVD rack and binge watching the show (not for my first time since I've owned them) and I must say that i was quite pleased that I purchased! It was a fabulous invest! For any Buffy Fan, you must own these! What if your internet is lagging? What if you get the urge to watch "Once More, with Feeling" (the seventh episode of the sixth season) only to find you on-demand video service dropped Buffy like a hot potato from their streaming line up?

If you haven't ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but you enjoy a good supernatural shows now and then, then this is the series for you. Its smart, funny, dramatic, and (best of all) ran from the late 90's to the early 2000's. There just something about television from that era! Joss Whedon was the creator of this series, and I think we can all agree he his hilariously brilliant, so that's another reason to give this show a shot! Seriously, its a great series and I highly recommend that you spend some cash to purchase this gem. As soon as it arrives, call some friends over and watch it in one weekend! You'll be glad you did!
on April 9, 2017
Angry because mine came halfway damaged!!!! Three of the dvd cases came broken and not sealed!!! Was supposed to be new but seems used! Not happy about this at all!!! Looks like they tried to act like it was new ,but it totally wasnt!
review image review image
on December 29, 2013
I love BTVS not only as a fan, but as an academic: in my Intro to Gender Studies class, I use Lorna Jowett's "Sex and the Slayer" to supplement my core textbook so that the students can see the theories talked about in the textbook applied to a contemporary television show. We also watch quite a few of the episodes that are talked about in the book so that the students can see what the author is talking about and engage with her theories. BTVS is a great show for this because there are interesting portrayals of gender and sexuality that can be argued and discussed in many different ways. Plus the students find it much more engaging than just reading their text!

I recently picked up this collection as a Gold Box deal, and I love it! It takes up much less room (I finally donated my individual seasons to my program office so I can still use them for class but keep my own copies at home) and I'm so glad that the DVDs are housed in plastic cases - so many of these complete series collections that have come out in the last few years have used cardboard sleeves that easily damage the discs. This set is well protected in plastic cases with trays.

My one minor complaint is that each season has the episode list printed on the inside of the case liner. Even though the cases are clear, it would be much better if there were a small insert with the episode list in each season to make finding the exact episode you're looking much easier. This is a pretty minor design complaint, however, and for those who aren't jumping around from season to season and episode to episode as I am in my class may find this even less bothersome than I do.

If you are a fan of BTVS, this is a great collection at an already great price, and if you can get it on sale as I did it's a steal! This is a quality show that has a lot of entertainment value as well as a lot of serious "stuff" to talk about, and this collection brings it all together for you in one place!
on June 17, 2017
My favorite show everrrr! I absolutely had to buy it! Never regretted my decision! Pretty reasonable price for the whole collection! I kind of collect DVDs so this was a great addition. Plus you never know when Netflix will take your fave shows off, so get them while you can haha!
on May 6, 2017
I don't know why but I love this show. I have always wanted to own it and now I do. It came in a large box, and each season in its own plastic dvd case. Its in great shape and came on time. Well worth it, you should get it and watch over and over again like I do.Great show
on October 20, 2012
Buffy the Vampire Slayer may be the most powerful, complex, intelligent, moving, insert-your-preferred-adjective-here TV show ever written. Other, longer reviews will tell you why. I'm here to review the product, and unfortunately I found it lacking.

I own both "The Complete Series" and "The Chosen Collection" (which contains an extra special features disc). I've found that the Complete Series DVDs tend to seize up for a few seconds around scene breaks, act breaks, and the credits. The effect is especially noticeable in the earlier seasons, 1-2. For example, the Master's line, "Whaddya think? 5.1?" in Prophecy Girl is absent because the audio stops and the video sits still for about 5 seconds during that scene before skipping straight to ~1 second into the credits. This also happens a lot around the intro in season 1: "She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer." Often the intro will be cut off halfway through (or before).

For this reason I recommend buying The Chosen Collection instead, with which I've never had any technical problems over 6 years and watching each episode at least 4 times. It's more expensive, but it's worth it to actually see and hear the entire show.
on October 31, 2013
This show really changed the landscape of television, and we wouldn't have "Supernatural," "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Smallville," or countless others without it. Joss Whedon's horror/comedy/action hybrid has amazing characters who keep you interested even through the periodic rough patches (I'm looking at you seasons 4 & 7.) The cast is perfect for their roles and the way the show is able to give the characters full life without it ever feel like it's detracting from overall stories is astounding.
I can't believe I did not review this many years back. This is simply one of the best TV series ever. A masterpiece. Such great writing, acting, directing, production, humor...it even managed to hold the quality up to the very end, quite an achievement and very rare. Some of the best drama, humor, character development, and story arcs ever. I'm older than the target demographic, I'm sure, and for years my friends have had to hear me rave about this series. Definitely worth the time. There are so many scenes from this series that come to mind later. You will revisit this series in your mind again and again after viewing. And probably watch it many, many times. It's that good.
on June 11, 2014
This series is awesome and the DVDs are great. But I noticed that while watching all the special featurs, Sarah Michelle Gellar is noticeable absent from interviews, behind the scenes dialogue, outtakes and the wrap party. I wonder what the deal is and if it was her decision to be absent from all this or Joss's. You would think the main character would have something to say, would want to be seen as part of the show in the behind the scenes features and certainly would want to be seen and heard at the wrap party! Weird. Made me feel as if she didn't want to be associated with the rest of the cast. And I didn't like that.