Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on January 19, 2017
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite show of all time. This show is so amazing. Joss Whedon and the other story writers are geniuses. The show is funny, witty, emotional and just completely sucks you in. I have had this box set for at least about 8 years and it's still in perfect shape and every disc works. The casing is so beautiful and exquisite. This show is so moving. I would recommend this show to EVERYONE. I'm so completely satisfied with my purchase. I <3 my Buffy and it's one of my most prized possessions. I've watched every season at least 10 times since I bought it. Best purchase ever!
11 comment| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 9, 2014
If you are a Buffy Fan, this is a great collection! I bought these back in 2005--almost 10 years ago. I just spent last weekend pulling Buffy from my DVD rack and binge watching the show (not for my first time since I've owned them) and I must say that i was quite pleased that I purchased! It was a fabulous invest! For any Buffy Fan, you must own these! What if your internet is lagging? What if you get the urge to watch "Once More, with Feeling" (the seventh episode of the sixth season) only to find you on-demand video service dropped Buffy like a hot potato from their streaming line up?

If you haven't ever seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but you enjoy a good supernatural shows now and then, then this is the series for you. Its smart, funny, dramatic, and (best of all) ran from the late 90's to the early 2000's. There just something about television from that era! Joss Whedon was the creator of this series, and I think we can all agree he his hilariously brilliant, so that's another reason to give this show a shot! Seriously, its a great series and I highly recommend that you spend some cash to purchase this gem. As soon as it arrives, call some friends over and watch it in one weekend! You'll be glad you did!
on February 2, 2018
Shipping was on time no complaints on that. Packaging was decent. Little knicks on the side of the box, but that doesn't bother me much. However, seasons 5, 6 and 7 cases were broken in some places. Nothing too horrible but still kind of bumbed out that it was broken; with me paying for a new product. But I think it has to do with whoever set up this boxset style, maybe? That's why I'm giving it 4 stars. I'm going to have to watch the whole series again to find out if every disc works, but NO complaint there lol. Over all I'm currently pleased with my purchase and the product it's self. I will edit my post when I'm done watching all 39 discs to let you know if they all work or don't.
on April 29, 2016
My husband and I are really huge Buffy fans and we decided on buying this dvd set. We were excited when we received the package but then not so much when I noticed the plastic on the box was ripped and so was the box, then upon opening the box realized that one of the season boxes was broken. We spend a hefty amount for the complete series and just wish it wasn't ripped or broken :/
review imagereview image
on June 17, 2017
My favorite show everrrr! I absolutely had to buy it! Never regretted my decision! Pretty reasonable price for the whole collection! I kind of collect DVDs so this was a great addition. Plus you never know when Netflix will take your fave shows off, so get them while you can haha!
on December 11, 2012
I like this set. I would still have bought it if I had known about the quirks that it has.

The two things I wish were different about this set are: 1. I wish the menus on the discs were more straight-forward. Some menus are in a circle which seems to confuse my DVD player at times. Also, on at least the first season, the titles of the episodes are configured into a square instead of a list, so you have to consult the dvd case to figure out the order the episodes are in.

2. There is no "Play All" option on the disc. You have to go episode to episode. Each time an episode ends, you are brought back to the episode menu and you have to return to the main menu to select the next episode.

Both issues are minor and only slight inconveniences, not really anything that makes this set unworthy of purchase. I have enjoyed owning this set and would buy this as a gift.
on January 17, 2018
One of my favorite series of all time! And I almost missed the boat because of a bad movie and what I thought at the time was a stupid title. I started watching with a group of friends on season 4 and knew within 2 episodes that I had made a huge mistake. This is far more than a teen vampire series. It's mythology, it's psychology, and it has a female hero you will grow to love and believe in.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 27, 2017
I bought this set mostly for the Extras, and because Netflix has trimmed off some scenes. It's otherwise a regular set. The back is peeling off, but the boxes and DVDs are just fine.
on December 10, 2012
...with one television show on constant repeat for the rest of my days, this is the show I would choose. I have watched the entire season beginning to end a couple of times and I intend to do so several more times over my lifetime. It amazes me how much the characters grow over the course of seven seasons, how much I came to care about each of them and feel an intimate knowledge of each of their individual viewpoints. But more than anything, I am amazed by how many times I have cried watching this show. It's so moving and funny and adept at dealing with a vast range of human emotions and experiences. Season 3, episode 1 is one of my all time favorite fight sequences. It literally brings me to tears, it is so beautiful. There's not much more to say. Best show ever.
on April 21, 2008
I'm ashamed to admit that I lost track of Buffy after the end of the fifth season. I regret that, as the 6th and 7th seasons sent the characters in interesting new directions. The Season Overview on the DVDs were particularly helpful in reevaluating my negative opinion. Once I understood where Joss and the writers were going, I was able to sit back and finally enjoy the episodes for what they were.

Overall, Buffy The Vampire Slayer is the story of a young person's journey from their awkward teenage years to the cusp of young adulthood. Seeing Buffy's transformation from an ebullient uncertain teen to a strong and confident leader is incredible viewing. And the journey of the other characters (Willow and Xander in particular) is no less affecting.

This new package is a complete collection of all the previously released Buffy DVD Boxsets. The only new addition is an extra DVD disc featuring new documentaries about different aspects of the series. My favourite is the retrospective from Cast and crew members. It's great to see that they still have such fond memories of the show that they put so much time, hard work and commitment into.

It's great to look back on Buffy over half-a-decade after it ended. Considering mass entertainment's tendency to gravitate towards mediocrity, it's a miracle this show ended up on television at all. It's also a miracle that Joss was able to sheperd the show all the way to its conclusion. Particularly after the experiences of Aaron Sorkin (The West Wing) and Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls).

Buffy is (and remains) one of my favourite TV series. And the show is just as relevant today as it was back then.