Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 134 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 142 reviews
on April 25, 2011
My boyfriend and I packed these for an 8-day trip to Panama, and they were perfect. Not quite enough of them for 2 people for 8 days (some days required two applications, morning and evening), but that wasn't their fault.

They are so easy to bring with you anywhere (including planes!), just slip one or two in your back pocket and you're good to go. I only got two bites the whole time I was there, including while living outdoors in the jungle (where I could see the helicopter-sized mosquitos buzzing near me but never biting!). Definitely worth the expense.

Hint: They can dry out before you've covered your body, because a lot more comes off at the beginning, so just do a broad swipe on every body part at first and then spread it around with the same towelette afterwards. And always wash your hands after applying DEET, period.
on August 4, 2015
My fiancee and I traveled to East Asia (Thailand, Cambodia and Singapore) for our honeymoon and we wanted to ensure our legs were the main course for pesky mosquitos. We live in South Florida and are used to nasty bug bites. I can officially say that when we used these wipes, neither of us had any bug problems in Asia and now in Florida.

They are great for traveling since they are small and light in size. The wife always keeps a few in her purse now in case we are having drinks or dinner outside. She can whip one out and make sure her legs don't get bit.

Recommended Usage - 1 wipe per person. Definitely put sunscreen lotion on first and then use the towelette. You will also want to wash your hands after you wipe :)
on August 5, 2015
These keep the bugs away as well as other high-Deet products. I try not to swim in Deet when possible, but when its the difference between a nose-full of mosquitoes and a lumpy, itchy body, I choose Deet.
These are good for emergency use too, should you forget bug spray and find yourself deep in the woods providing a delicious snack to the local insects, you can slip four or five into a backpack, purse, bathroom bag, or other container and have them with you at all times.
I've even put them in my home and traveling first aid kits; I really hate mosquitoes.
on February 1, 2012
Bought a 25 pack of these for my trip to Jamaica this January. I always carried a few around with me just in case I got caught outside after dark - which always happened. The friends I traveled with would forget to bring their bug spray, so I was always able to save them from the mosquito and sand fleas and ganja mites and everything else in the jungle that wants to sip on a few drops of their blood.

The method I would employ was to wipe myself down with one of these things and then fold the napkin back up and shove it half way back in to the foil container. I'd carry this improvised anti-bug wick around in the cargo pocket of my shorts.

Sure you can smell it (it's 30% DEET for pete's sake) but I wouldn't call it overwhelming. Bugs don't want anything to do with you while wearing this stuff. I'd see them flying towards me, and as soon as the got about 18" away, they'd veer off at a right angle and leave.

Occasionally, because there are just so many biters down in Jamaica, one would manage to actually land on me. They'd kind of lurch over on their side and then I'd just flick them off. THIS STUFF IS STRONG!

There is easily enough repellent in each pack to take care of two people.
on January 27, 2015
These wipes are very easy to use and work well. One wipe is enough for whole body (do not use under clothing)
We're using it in Rain Forest, Cloud Forest, while horsing and river rafting in Costa-Rica. No one got bite. We used these daily and it was working good for time we spend on tours, about 4 hours each. Plan ahead and bring these with you on vacation. Do not forget to read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product.
on April 17, 2017
Highly recommend Bug X for travel. Easy to put a few in your bag to go through airport security with no liquids concern. One sheet easily works for 2 people, and if only using on exposed parts, can be put back i to foil packaging and used several more times. I will get this again. Used most days during a month in India.
on January 27, 2017
Outstanding for travel. Bought these to take to the islands for a sailing adventure. Much more convenient than the cans of spray. Very effective and easy to apply with a quick wipe of the skin. Kept a couple of these packs in my pocket whenever going ashore in the evenings after a day of sailing and diving. East to apply to all the right places without spraying clouds in the eyes and nose. No issues with airline carry-on.
I'll buy these again.
on June 20, 2017
Spraying bug spray on neck and ears only leads to breathing it in. Spraying in your hands and rubbing it on, time consuming. These pads are perfect not only are the loaded with product so they could do far more than just your head the bug spray is for the most part odorless. We have really enjoyed having these around.
on June 29, 2011
As has been said and as with all deets, even 100%, VERY BAD for plastic until completely dried on (20 minutes or so), or, wash your finger tips and palms and so on before touching that camera, phone, clock-radio, whatever. Works well, as all deets do, but each packet is only enough for hands, arms, head and maybe ankles on an adult, possibly also lower legs but it will be thin. Great for carry. Smells like deet, which is just what it is, and they did not try to mask it with some awful perfume.
on March 5, 2015
I used these towelettes while visiting Mayan ruins in the jungles of Guatemala and Honduras. I was not bitten by any insects while using this product. The towelettes were very convenient to carry and use while on the go. They were moist, but not greasy and could easily be used to wipe your face, neck, arms, legs, and even to rub over your hair to keeps bugs from hovering around your head.