Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bugaboo Cameleon Base Stroller, Dark Grey (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ryley Walker Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on September 7, 2009
Before anyone purchases this stroller, I think they need to seriously consider how the stroller will be used. If you live in an urban area and always keep this stroller assembled...it would be a great stroller. If you live in a suburb, or your primary form of transportation is a vehicle, this stroller is a very poor choice. It breaks down into three pieces, and does not do so easily. There is nothing one-handed, or quick about the break down for transport. So, before you buy this stroller because it is the cool one, or the luxury one the celebs have, be honest about its limitations.

A few other Pros & Cons...

Pros
- Incredible ride & suspension
- Bassinet option allows you to use it for an infant
- Frame can be used with a Graco Carset...with the purchase of an additional adaptor
- Adjustable seat - child can be completely reclined, semi-upright or fully upright...and you can face them forward or backwards
- Adjustable handle - very important if you are taller
- Excellent break. When its on, the stroller does not move at all
- Very well-made & sturdy

Cons
- Price - for the unit & every accessory is an additional cost
- Dis-assembly...I cannot underscore this enough!! It is not easy or quick. Nor can you do it one handed. If you are trying to do so while wrangling a child, it is impossible.
- It breaks down into 3 pieces...the wheeled base, the overall seat base or bassinet, & the padded cresent-shaped bar/handle. This would make it impossible for airplane travel. Unless, of course, you purchase the $150 carrying bag.
- Fully-Assembled Size...this is a big stroller, especially when you use the bassinet
- Folded Size - it is NOT compact
- Every accessory is sold separately - even the cup holder
- Bassinet has limited use, and then requires a lot of storage space after you switch to the seat
- Shoulder straps are rather flimsy and really long. At the absolute shortest, they are huge on my 10-mo. old
- Bottom storage basket is difficult to get things in & out of, especially if you close it with the drawstring cord
- Canopy is too big for the upright seat - if you want your child to see anything, you have to have the canopy half closed
- Weight limit of 40 lbs, which is less than a lot of strollers

Once this stroller is assembled, it is a great stroller and rides incredibly well. It turns well and my son seems very comfortable in it. However, we are suburbanites and the constant break down is a PAIN! After struggling with this stroller for 10 months and cursing it each and every time I have to get it in & out of my car, I bought a smaller stroller to have in the car for quick errands & travel. The Bugaboo still gets a ton of use around our neighborhood and for bigger outings, but I make sure the breakdown is worth it.

The stroller's performance is incredible, but be sure the way you will use the stroller is in synch with those Pros and you're aware of the limitations.
on September 15, 2008
This is a ridiculous amount to spend on a stroller, there is no doubt about it. We were given it, and were a little shocked at the generosity. However, since we have it have it, here's my review - it is AMAZING.

Completely versatile, yet lightweight, there has not yet been a setting we could not use it for. It comes with mosquito net, raincoat, and canopy, we then purchased the breezy canopy and the sunshade (see separate reviews). The other big benefit is the bassinet - you can use this system from birth until the child grows out of it, moving from the bassinet to the seat when able. (Our baby even slept in the bassinet until she was 6 weeks old, then transitioned to a crib, thus saving us the cost of a separate bassinet).

To be more specific - the seat has three positions, so you can have the child in a horizontal position to sleep, semi reclined, or fully upright. Baby can face you or face out, and the chassis can have small wheels forward (for pavement) or big wheels forward (for rough terrain). All these adjustments can be done with a quick click, with the child in the stroller. The handle can be folded down, which essentially turns the stroller into a seat, particularly good for restaurants/ food courts without highchairs. We also purchased the car seat adaptor - with another click you can load in the infant seat and not disturb a sleeping baby. The under carriage has a roomy drawstring bag that fits a lot, and doesn't spill everything out once the stroller is folded. The whole thing folds up easily and fits into the trunk of my 2001 Prius. (Admittedly, there is not a whole lot of room to spare!)

I'm not sure if we would have spent the money ourselves, but I now believe it would be worth it. This is the only stroller you will need to buy, and it takes you through every possible situation with ease. I love this stroller!
on May 21, 2009
Imagine a stroller that could end up costing over $1000 after getting all the accessories? Do you get your money's worth? No. Is it better than the other strollers I've tried? Yes. So, when there is no competition, I guess you have to pay extra to get that top of the line thing. This is what I consider the Porsche of strollers.

The good:
*Very easy to assemble.
*Taking out the bassinet / seat is very easy.
*Some complain this is a 2pcs set when you try to load it in the car, but because it's so easy to take apart, I don't see that as a negative.
*Ultra smooth and turns with ease.
*Looks very cool. Glamour :)
*Reasonablly light weight.
*Sturdy. ( baby's safty )
*I tried calling customer service just to see if they actually will take care of problems if it does arise, so far so good.

The bag:
*Costs a fortune.
*Way too many parts that you have to buy separtely.

Other than the high cost, really isn't much I can find to complain about this stroller.
on November 27, 2012
This is the best stroller EVER! I have had mine for a year now, I have it in the beige/black fleece canopy and inlay. It rides so smooth and goes everywhere. I love to hike and walk the beach, it glides in the sand and is awesome. The shocks are amazing. It puts my daughter Zoey to sleep very well! My husband loves it and always wants to push it too. He will grab it from me. I have been through crappy strollers in the past, my share of Graco strollers which I hate with a passion. This Bugaboo is super light and quick to throw in the trunk. I had an Uppababy Vista before this, sent it back, it was a $500 piece of garbage in my opinion. It was HUGE, clunky, and broke on me. And heavy as he**.
Love this thing. Love it.