From the Back Cover
In this book you'll learn how to take your existing web knowledge, and adjust your thinking to make the shift from the browser to native mobile app. What's inside
The apps you'll build are not web apps nor hybrid apps - we're talking 100% Native apps!
- How to properly think "cross-platform", paying special attention to the best possible UI/UX for each target platform
- How to build beautiful iOS 8 user interfaces
- How to use Appcelerator's Alloy MVC framework, create Widgets and Themes
- How to leverage the Open Source user community to expand the native features of the Appcelerator cross-platform SDK
- How to deal with images for all possible Android screen sizes and densities
- Consume data from your own Web Services, as well as Twitter and YouTube
- How to take pictures, modify them and share them with social networks
About the Author
With over 20 years in the software development industry, Ricardo has built products, managed software development teams, taught programming courses and mentored software developers and entrepreneurs. As a technology evangelist, Ricardo has participated in radio, TV, and countless speaking engagements in the United States, the Caribbean, South America, Europe and Asia. Ricardo has been building Appcelerator apps and training developers since 2010 and currently works as Director of Developer Relations and Training at Appcelerator.