- Paperback: 296 pages
- Publisher: J.B. Orion (March 16, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0996154302
- ISBN-13: 978-0996154307
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 6 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,491,315 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Build Native Cross-Platform Apps with Appcelerator: A beginner's guide for Web Developers Paperback – March 16, 2015
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
In this book you'll learn how to take your existing web knowledge, and adjust your thinking to make the shift from the browser to native mobile app.
- How to properly think "cross-platform", paying special attention to the best possible UI/UX for each target platform
- How to build beautiful iOS 8 user interfaces
- How to use Appcelerator's Alloy MVC framework, create Widgets and Themes
- How to leverage the Open Source user community to expand the native features of the Appcelerator cross-platform SDK
- How to deal with images for all possible Android screen sizes and densities
- Consume data from your own Web Services, as well as Twitter and YouTube
- How to take pictures, modify them and share them with social networks
About the Author
With over 20 years in the software development industry, Ricardo has built products, managed software development teams, taught programming courses and mentored software developers and entrepreneurs. As a technology evangelist, Ricardo has participated in radio, TV, and countless speaking engagements in the United States, the Caribbean, South America, Europe and Asia. Ricardo has been building Appcelerator apps and training developers since 2010 and currently works as Director of Developer Relations and Training at Appcelerator.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I would recommend it to everyone who would like to take a shot at the app-universe, without the pain of learning JAVA and OBJ-C, which are languages very complex.
10 out of 10!
This is another case where I started with a sample on Kindle, and elected to purchase the physical book.
I have a few books about Appcelerator's Titanium and other SDKs, and I'm confident this will fast become my favorite. Highly recommended.