- Hardcover: 320 pages
- Publisher: Thinkbiotech; 2 edition (August 1, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0973467630
- ISBN-13: 978-0973467635
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 6.3 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (16 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,490,859 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Building Biotechnology: Starting, Managing, and Understanding Biotechnology Companies - Business Development, Entrepreneurship, Careers, Investing, Science, Patents and Regulations Hardcover – August 1, 2006
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
... a sound foundation for better understanding this exciting and rapidly changing line of commerce. -- RiskWorld
A terrific, plain-language introduction to a growing entrepreneurial sector. -- National Business Incubation Association
From the Publisher
As biotechnology changes paradigms in medicine, agriculture, and industrial processes, there is a pressing need for cross-trained individuals capable of developing new innovations and bringing them to market. Building Biotechnology helps readers start and manage biotechnology companies and understand the business of biotechnology. This acclaimed book describes the convergence of scientific, political, regulatory, and commercial factors that drive the biotechnology industry and define its scope. Building Biotechnology is designed to meet the following needs:
* Many seasoned business professionals, even those within biotechnology companies, are eager to apply their skills to biotechnology but are challenged to understand how the industry operates.
* Many entrepreneurial scientists are eager to realize the commercial potentials of their inventions and ideas but are unfamiliar with business development.
* Many interested readers are frustrated by the lack of books describing commercial aspects of biotechnology. This second edition significantly expands upon the foundation laid by the first, updating case law and business models in this dynamic industry and adding significantly more case studies, informative figures and tables. Most importantly, Building Biotechnology enables seasoned business professionals and entrepreneurial scientists alike to understand the drivers of biotechnology businesses and apply their established skills for commercial success.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
Building Biotechnology gives a good overview of what some of the key topics in financing as well as several important gov't regulations as it relates to "starting, managing, and understanding biotech companies." Alternatively, it leaves much as it relates to specific concepts such as financing and strategic management. Alternatively, Building Biotechnology is a good fast read and gives the reader a quick overview of what other books might go into "too much" detail.
Student, UCI Healthcare Executive MBA
Overall this book is highly accessible and an enjoyable read. Go to the Glossary and see how many of the words you can accurately define. Yali keeps the amalgam of topics together through concise writing and useful case examples.
Most recent customer reviews
I was a little nervous about reading "Building Biotechnology" because I haven't had a science class since the 1990's,...Read more