From the Back Cover
Building Donor Loyalty is a hands-on guide written for professional fundraisers that outlines the factors that drive donor retention, explains how to keep donors committed to an organization, and offers suggestions for developing donor value over time. It is based on data drawn from a research program which included more than 20,000 nonprofit organizations and was funded by the Aspen Foundation and the Indiana Fund through the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University. Building Donor Loyalty contains a variety of illustrative case studies that demonstrate the power of effective donor retention strategies and clearly explains each of the factors that can build donor retention. It includes tools and techniques that have proven successful when growing long-term relationships with donors and offers practical advice for fundraisers who want to integrate this knowledge into their own thinking, planning, and practice.
This important resource
- Shows how to design programs that genuinely reflect donor needs and aspirations
- Discusses the lessons for loyalty that emerge with monthly giving plans
- Explores how to develop a relationship fundraising strategy
- Outlines the common pitfalls to avoid when researching the needs and preferences of donors
- Explains how demographic, lifestyle, and behavioral variables can be used to structure the approach to an organizations donors
- Highlights the role of donor recognition and feedback
- Includes a step-by-step blueprint for tailoring a plan that will meet the needs of an individual organization
About the Author
Adrian Sargeant is professor of nonprofit marketing at Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, and an adjunct professor of philanthropy at the Indiana University Center on Philanthropy.
Elaine Jay is director of the consultancy firm Sargeant Associates Ltd. She has over fourteen years of experience as a fundraiser working with a number of charities, including the Royal Society for the Prevention of Crulety to Animals, where she was head of individual fundraising for six years.