Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on June 6, 2016
Great book though is not real linear, more like lots of great ideas to make your website "more findable." Would like a book though that takes you on the initial web design process through going public with it, in order. On whether the book is worth the price? Of course it is, you only need one great tip to add more traffic to your website so it easily justifies the book expense.
on January 9, 2014
This is a very useful and readable SEO book - no gimmicks just good common-sense best practices and useful tips and help for adv. beginner to intermediate/adv. level site-owner or dev.
on November 6, 2010
I purchased this book and sent it back. It had me more confused than before. I couldnt understand any of it and I have taken a couple SEO classes. Not worth the money!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 10, 2010
I'm a graphic designer with a background primarily in print design.

This is one of the first books on SEO I've read, so its hard to compare to others. But I found the book to be very readable, informative and packed full of useful tips that I will be able to apply to my next web project.

It's well-written and well-edited. Obviously, a great deal of thought went into decided what to include and (just as importantly) what to exclude. And though the subject is technical, the language never went over my head.

But what impressed me most about this book was the design. It's rare to find a technical intruction book that puts so much thought into the layout, the information hierarchy, the typography and the other design tools that help the reader navigate through the page, find the information they need, and better understand how one piece of text fits into the larger context.

I'm impressed.
on May 17, 2010
As far as text books go this was quick to get through and easy to digest. There are plenty of practical tips that can be added to any website instantly as well as a good amount of solid general information.

As with most books on the internet some parts are slowly creeping out of date. The good far outweighs the bad so for the money it's a good buy.
on January 27, 2010
Mr. Walter really understands IA, UX, and Findability. The book is well-written and not overly theoretical. There are practical, easy-to-follow examples with the underlying rationale. From the first time I started reading it, I got stuff I could use at work. Highly recommended!
on November 22, 2009
I first downloaded the 5 bonus chapters ([...]) and was hooked on Aarron Walter's clear writing, code, links and organization of his chapters. Since I picked it up, I haven't put it down. It has clarified previously mystifying concepts such as mod_rewrite, 301 redirects, 404 pages, and microformats -- and I'm only on page 80. For anyone interested in improving their current site or creating a new one from scratch, you MUST get this book. If you want people to find your site (finability), use web standards the correct way, and get SEO under your belt, I highly recommend this book. Taylor / [...]
on September 23, 2009
Building Findable Websites: Web Standards, SEO, and Beyond by Aaron Walter is the best web development book I've read in a long time. It is densely packed with actionable advice for improving the "findability" of your site, and in so doing, improve the usability, readability, speed, and manageability of your site. Findability is a broader concept than simply SEO. It is helping people find your site, helping people navigate your site and retrieve the information/action they want from it, and encouraging people to return to your site.

Walter covers a wide range of areas you can work on to improve the findability of your site, from the importance of quality content with strategically placed keywords, using semantic markup with clear hierarchies, server-side strategies such as friendly urls, rss and email subscriptions, etc.

I heartily recommend this book to not just web designers and developers, but also website owners and managers and web content writers.
on March 20, 2009
I am very pleased that Aarron Walter has created this book. It is filled with essential information on web site design and implementation. I cannot imagine how any web site creator can do the job without this book.
on October 13, 2008
A buddy of mine loaned this book to me and after reading the first chapter I knew I had to own it myself, so I went online and ordered it straight away.

This book doesn't disappoint. Its very well written and very informative. A highly recommended addition to your SEO resource quiver!