Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

Building with Masonry: Brick, Block & Concrete / For Pros by Pros
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 1, 2015
This is another book written by Richard Kreh, who wrote for fine home building magazine as well as several trade magazines & was an adviser to the B.I.A. = Brick Industry Association. He was not only a master mason but a High School Brick & Block Teacher. See other books he wrote Masonry Skills, Mastering Masonry Skills.

The book came from the U.K To the U.S. Nice plastic bubblewrap envelope! Book came 2 weeks which was fast.. I only paid a few dollars for the book. The book looks new! Beautiful Condition, cannot believe it is used.

I read the book in a few hours. Nice information on brick, block & concrete. This book is geared towards the home owner, D.I.Y. & the masonry student. Lots of inside pro tips! Tons of technical information broken down in easy to understand format. A few project plans are in the book. The book gives you the ability as well as confidence to tackle projects involving masonry.

I would advise you also purchase this authors Other Book Masonry Skills.

Highly Recommend for the Home Owner, D.I.Y.

If you found this review helpful please check the box √ Yes This Review Was Helpful. Thanks!

Additionally you may feel free to check out the rest of my reviews a few on masonry books. Just Click on All Reviews By This Person.

We are building a new custom home, & I will be the General Contractor, as well as performing a lot of the tasks. This will ensure quality as well as save money & give a sense of satisfaction!

Take Care, Bill Kearney. :-)
on March 7, 2010
Brick masonry is the one project I have not tackled over the years due to the inability for me to find a good reference book. I scoured my local library for reference material, only to be disappointed by the Black and Decker series books (just not enough meat in the material) and some of the other books didn't have enough diagrams to suit my taste.

Thankfully, I found this copy of Mr Kreh's book and have been pleasantly surprised with my findings. Mr Kreh is a master bricklayer with several decades of experience. He shares information and lesson's learned to aid the reader into making informed decisions. I also like his recommending good, quality tools over cheap tools (value over cost) even if the reader intends on only completing one project.

The writing is very descriptive and well thought out. There are plenty of pictures to convey what the author is trying to explain as well as give the reader ideas for present and future projects.

This book is a definite "must have" for anyone considering a masonry related project.
on May 11, 2016
Solid, smart information. No completely comprehensive but the first source you should consult if you are engaging in a significant masonry renovation.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 14, 2017
Nice book it help me a lot would recommend
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 16, 2012
I purchased this book because I needed to tuckpoint and repair one off my walls. This book is a great resource for those who are handy but have never tried their hand at brick laying. I feel that I can now do all my own patching and I am even thinking that I might try to do the brick work when we redo our entry way.
on August 31, 2013
Wish more of the pictures were color. It has good information in it, but the book is pre-Internet; most of the author's recommended vendors have phone numbers and mail addresses.
on May 25, 2013
Great detail that teaches ideas and techniques for bricklaying and stonework. Good pictures and drawings to help visualize. Just the book I was looking for!
on October 17, 2013
Excellent!
Very informative
The lead time is short and book arrived on time
would recommend to everyone
item is well priced
on September 5, 2013
As in any beginner, this books will give you information as to what to buy, how to execute and get professional results.
on March 11, 2013
This book was very informative for me. I am someone that wants to learn how to do masonry work and after reading it I feel that I am prepared to start.