BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on September 18, 2016
A friend suggested that I read this and I am so glad that I did. I am not a biologist (although I am a physicist) and I really enjoyed this book. I could related to much of the text... from being a woman in a male-dominated field to conveying qualitative research to quantitative researchers and having a feel for the organism (although I worked in physics and now social science research I can relate to this very well whether it is data related to crystal growth or analyzing social science data!).
on October 14, 2017
OK ,but not enough information about the geology
on January 19, 2015
I was doing research on the building of the Panama Canal and reviewed this book. It is well done and interesting but I like some of the other books on the subject much more.
on May 3, 2015
It wasn't exactly what I expected but I think that was my fault for not reading the description well. It was interesting, tho.
on August 29, 2011
With a transit cruise coming in December of 2011, I wanted to read on the history and building of the Panama Canal. This book provides over 150 great black and white photos showing the building of the Canal and the human support efforts required for this massive task. I think this book is a great historical reference.
on February 26, 2017
Nice quality photos
on March 17, 2014
Good book but lacks the full history on the Canal. "Path Between the Seas", is most useful to anyone who really wants to know about the canal, the politics, illness, money etc.
on April 10, 2008
The Building of the Panama Canal in Historic Photographs by Ulrich Keller is a most fascinating compilation of photographs recording man's greatest engineering achievement in construction during the 20th Century. The photographs are even more special to me because it shows scenes that my Barbadian grandfather and uncle would have seen during their laboring to construct the Panama Canal. That uncle died of malaria at the Canal and is buried, alongside the many others who sacrificed their lives, in the cemetery shown in one of the photographs. This book ranks in the top 3 that I have ever read during my over 70 years of reading.
Herbert A. Hutchinson
on September 13, 2015
Beautiful old pictures of a massive project. Fascinating!
on August 7, 2017