Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Draw 50 Buildings and Other Structures: The Step-by-Step Way to Draw Castles and Cathedrals, Skyscrapers and Bridges, and So Much More...
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on June 29, 2008
I bought this book for one of my 6th grade students whose perfectionism is a problem. He told me that he wanted to be an architect but felt that his inability to draw would keep him from his goal.

When I gave him the book, I wrote a note inside telling him to try two drawings each week. He came to class a few days later with two beautiful drawings and asked me why he should do only two drawings.

I wouldn't have picked this book out for myself. The step by step approach isn't for me - it doesn't feel very creative. For my student, who was afraid to pick up a pencil and draw, it was a great fit.
on March 22, 2006
Bought this book for my nephew who has always had an interest in building. At the age of three he was able to put any toy, plane or castle together without someone reading the instructions to him. I bought the book to see if he an interest in understanding the basics of constructing a building. He opened the book and within 60 minutes had drawn a bridge, a skyscraper and a castle. He has completed the entire book and his older sister is also using the book. I highly recommend this book to any adult interested in expanding a child's mind. He may never become an architect but he has developed areas of his brain that might help him solve a problem in other disciplines whether science, math, or art. Good book. I would like to use it also.
on August 23, 2000
I'm a landscape and still life artist who needed to create an SF or Fantasy style building or city. I didn't want to take the time to learn drafting. This book is for the beginner or advanced artist who wants a step by step, how-to for drawing accurate structures easily in a few minutes.
No complicated perspective drawings. Quickly draw famous buildings from around the world.
This is a great book for children too. No complicted directions.
A simple guide for creating any type of building you desire. The author makes it simple in as little as 3 easy steps.
on January 29, 2008
This book focuses on the more notable landmark buildings around the globe but does include a few of your average neighborhood homes. One of our favorites is the castle. It has easy to follow instructions so that everyone, even the not-so-artistic types can create AWESOME pictures with only some concentration and a desire to succeed. I highly recommend this book and others from the "Draw 50" series to ANYONE who is interested in drawing.
on January 9, 2007
I bought this for my son who is still learning to draw and write. When it arrived, I grabbed our big Magnadoodle and started drawing these myself to see how they looked. It was great! I could easily draw these in just a couple of minutes.

If you have a budding artist who likes architecture, this is a good tool to getting started. Once the structure is drawn then they can embellish it with their own imagination!
on May 21, 2007
My son took to this book right away. It gives good drawing directions, but what I like about it most is that it familiarizes him with some classic architecture and styles.
on January 16, 2015
I drew the castle the day the book came and was amazed at what I could do following the step-by-step instructions. The next day I did the lighthouse and loved it, too. It's helpful to look the whole book over before getting started. I didn't read the part about drawing lines lightly and ended up doing a lot of erasing. Also, I just used a No. 2 pencil, but it would have been better to use pencils of various hardnesses/softnesses, and a blending stick at the end. I have a lot of drawing books but have never been real happy with instructions for drawing buildings. I'm just a casual drawer -- just for my own pleasure, and this book was perfect for that, but I think it would also serve the more serious artist well.
on August 23, 2000
This is a great book for children too. No complicted directions.
on January 11, 2015
This is a very basic drawing book, shows drawing lines placement step by step,( with out written words) if you dutifully dislike rulers and measurements (preferring eyeing measurements) This is the book for you! If you desire rulers and measurements of course you may! Each picture ends with a basic sketch out line with some details. If desire more detailing and more elaborate buildings it's simple to mix and match different parts of Lee J. Ames buildings in this book to create your own designed look. If your not familiar with drawing architecture this is a good place to start -(trains your eye to look for the lines in buildings and how they correlate to one another), developing skills to drawing structures from photos or out in the field.
on December 25, 2014
I was looking for something a bit more detailed and maybe with suggestions on drawing actual buildings. This book is more better suited for children. For a child looking to draw structures, it is a helpful start.