Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 94 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 99 reviews
on June 30, 2011
I have 8 Malibu low voltage lights used as landscape lighting for the front of my home. I've had these lights for the last 18 months and have had to replace each bulb about 5 times since they were originally installed. At Home Depot / Lowes, these lights cost about $6 for a 2 pack and half the time they are unavailable. At $3 a bulb it's cost me $120 just to replace the bulbs over the last 18 months!!! I have wanted to add more lighting but at this cost, it just doesn't make sense. I just stumbled on this product and I love it so far. They are the exact same lights I purchased from Malibu but for $1 a bulb. Now... I cannot yet make a comment on the longevity of these bulbs vs. the Malibu units, but at $1 a bulb, even if they last half as long, I am still saving money. Until I switch to LED bulbs, this is the way to go.

Also, I am very impressed with the speed of delivery. It arrived 1 day earlier than Amazon's earliest estimated delivery date.
on December 11, 2012
So far I've put two of these bulbs in my stove hood and they are are still working great after 2 1/2 months...which is longer than the ones from Lowe's that burnt out after less than two months. Even if there are a few duds, as some other reviewers mentioned getting, at less than $1 each (including shipping) I'm still very satisfied with the performance. I ordered from LE Distributors and the package was well-padded and received quickly.

EDIT 6/27/13: Since my original review in December, I have replaced all four bulbs in my stove hood with these bulbs. One of the first two replacements mentioned above burnt out earlier this month, so it worked roughly four times longer than the Lowe's one for about a fourth of the price. I'll call that a win!
on May 4, 2012
I just purchased my second order of these lightbulbs. As compared to walking into Lowe's or even purchasing at an online bulb retailer, these bulbs are an AMAZING value. I have a entry fixture that with 9 pendants that use this bulb. I would say that I have this fixture on several hours a night and the bulbs last on average 6-8 months before replacing. To me for this price, it's worth the effort.

I really don't think the Sylvania or Phillips I used to buy at 5-6 times the cost lasted that much longer. Shipping was super quick. Just remember to wear gloves or use a rag when changing the bulbs so that the oil on your fingertips do not compromise the longevity of the bulb. Highly recommend for the price!
on May 10, 2012
I've only had them plugged in for 3 weeks, but they are running strong. I went to Home depot and they wanted $7 per bulb! I saw this deal and thought I'd take the chance. So far very satisfied with the purchase (mostly the savings)! I'll try to remember to update the post when a couple of them burn out to give a tested life expectancy.

UPDATE:

It's been approximately six months and these babies are running strong! Not a single one has burned out (currently using three out of the ten of them).

UPDATE:

First bulb burned out after about 8 months. Considering you get 10 of them for less than a dollar (plus shipping), this is still a bargain.
on May 19, 2011
As other reviewers have noted, these little things are sold for their weight in gold at any of the local stores. They cost so much for what I perceive their value to be that I am reluctant to buy an extra bulb.

So now I have what may be several years' worth of extras at a very low price. The one bulb I am currently using has so far lasted several months at about five hours use per day.

Highly recommended.
on November 8, 2016
Bulb life is terrible on these. Installed in a low-usage location, they are lasting less than 2 weeks.
on April 6, 2013
Some reviewers have had trouble with this bulb but I have not. I don't use the light it's in often but so far it's been several months without blowing.
on April 3, 2013
What a deal and the reason for my high marks is that none have burned out yet which seems to be the case with so many of these halogens in general especially when switched on daily. They burn hot so look out and don't forget to not contact them directly while installing as the oils from your skin will cause premature failure. Always use the foam pad or a tissue while inserting them to keep them ultraclean.
on March 31, 2013
These bulbs might seem like a great buy at first and they are for the first week or maybe if you're lucky two weeks but I have been changing these light bulbs every other week. I generally sit with my light on for about 3 hours every day. At this rate, the light bulb I used to have burned out in 2 years. These go out every 2 weeks. It's pretty annoying changing it every other week. I would suggest just buying store brand's light bulbs to not have to deal with the hassle.
on February 3, 2013
The bulbs were received individually boxed and all ten worked. Much cheaper than found in local stores and appear to be identical. Time will tell how long they last. I will purchase these again. I did purchased these again from same company. All were individually boxed; however, package was a yellow envelope instead of a box like the first time. Great price and all work so far. Highly recommend.