Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ed Sheeran Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

Bulletboys
Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 29, 2011
Bulletboys released their self-titled debut record in 1988. Now, I see an immense amount of support for the Bulletboys on here, and that's pretty cool that their fans have rallied around the band like this. However, I hate to be the bearer of bad news for everyone, but Bulletboys debut album is nowhere near a five-star record. Now don't string me up just yet, I didn't say I wasn't a fan of the band or their music, I am, this just isn't one of the better releases of the decade.

Bulletboys were formed when ex-King Kobra bandmates Marq Torien, Mick Sweda, and Lonnie Vencent added drummer Jimmy D'anda to fill out their ranks. Alot of people criticize Bulletboys for being Van Halen wannabes, maybe they were, but it probably has more to do with Ted "Van Halen's first producer" Templeman, than it did because these guys had chops like Van Halen.

Soundwise Bulletboys cling to the hair-metal formula pretty close, Marq Torien sounds and looks alot like David Lee Roth, and with song titles like Hard As A Rock, Kissin' Kitty, and Smooth Up In Ya', you can see the Bulletboys didn't try to reinvent the wheel with their debut album.

To sum up my review of the Bulletboys debut album, i'll say this, Bulletboys may not have been the most original band of the genre, but they certainly were alot of fun and they made some interesting songs to say the least.
on May 14, 2013
This is a mid 80's band that transports you back in time when the Economy was better and Rock-N-Roll was reining Kings & Queens(Lita Ford/Joan Jett/Skew Siskin & Doro Pesche of Warlock showed the Guys how to be Sexy yet very relevent in Rock)now for those of you new to BulletBoys your in for a Hot,rockin' treat.Try Hard as a rock & smooth up in ya betcha if ur in a relationship U'll be placed in the mood :-) & I say go for it!Gals love these tunes & can appreciate what Sexiness they're selling.I've said it in my review of Freakshow they truely Rock give a listen & know they're NOT wannabe' Van Halen.Comparing the 2 bands is the difference between Apples & Chocolates which is different.Reviewers Do NOT get it right when they don't listen to the music they're reviewing.Id say buy it now & hear the difference between the VH & BB.BULLETboys are the naughty guys of. Rock-N-Roll that are the right pitch for all.pick this up-D.M. Switzer
on May 16, 2016
So if you love this genre ( Hair bands with substance not just the hair) as I do, then the Bullet Boys are going to rock your world. Best album (debut) by far for this group in my opinion. A very much, up in your face, don't mind if I do, style here, which was and is, a very endearing quality for groups of that era. High end vocals, lead guitar and overall energy. Again, kick butt musicians not just the hair!
on January 5, 2014
This is the Bulletboys 1st release,and its a Great one! It includes the hits Smooth up in ya,and For the love of money,and let me tell ya,Marq Torien sings with so much power and a bunch of high register in every song,it leaves you to wonder,How does this guy still have a voice? I actually heard a recent performance,and hes still got it!!! If you like some great hard rock,this CD is for you! Recommended!
on January 26, 2014
This is what metal should sound like. Its sad that this group was never really out there, because they sound amazing. I never grew up with this group, and was (thankfully) introduced to this group recently, and was able to get the tape from my mom who . When i found this CD, I knew I had to get it. Would recommend this to any fan of Classic Metal.
on April 2, 2015
Takes u back 2 the good old 80s whin hair bands ruled
on June 14, 2017
Finally replaced my cassette
on September 4, 2017
Love it
on March 26, 2015
Just as I remembered it! .... Great band, great album, er, uh, I mean CD. .... (I remember it as a 33 1/3 rpm album)
on December 12, 2016
The best Roth-era Van Halen album not made by Van Halen.