Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

on August 20, 2014
Update Jan-28-2015: This is the only time I have come back to post an update on a review. I am upgrading my review to 5 stars. Several solid months later this is just as beautiful as day 1. I ordered black lizard and tan/brown alligator straps from Amazon. It looks a lot more expensive than it is especially with the addition of a nice band.

Original review..

This is a really beautiful watch. I had originally ordered another watch by another manufacturer that showed a beautiful soft white face and a rich brown leather strap. When it arrived it had a yellow face and a yellow-orange brown leather strap leaving me frantically scrambling at the very last minute for a gift. After going back & forth with amazon cs I was able to order this as replacement and returned the other one. This was everything I had hoped for - a stylish, simple watch that can be dressed up or down. It is true that it does not have the Bulova logo but Bulova originally started without that logo, only with 'Bulova' printed on their watch faces so I don't mind. This seems like a throwback to their origin. Only issue I have is with the watch strap which is not up to the caliber of the watch face itself as the faux crocodile embossed strap feels & looks somewhat cheap. A simple brown band may have been better in this case but that is easily remedied. I just ordered some other straps so we can switch it. The person this is for is thrilled with it, we got it in time and I am appreciative of amazon's customer service for helping me get the gift on time.
I love the idea of this watch. Something lightweight that can look at home with a suit or at the gym. It's that. It's also a poorly made POS. The band disintegrated fairly quickly, but the bigger problem is that I've had to put 2 batteries in it in under a year...and this morning, I see that it's stopping again. I'm giving it 2 stars because cosmetically, I liked it.

Back to SEIKO.
on January 30, 2018
I bought this watch about three years ago largely because I liked the way it looked. I falsely assumed that all watches that rely on a battery would be the same. My mistake! This watch kept accurate time until a few months ago when I had the local jeweler check the battery and contacts, which he said we fine. But that watch still ran slow. The irony is that I have two Seiko watches that keep perfectly accurate time. I have had both for many years - one perhaps for about 40 years. I would not be so disappointed since the watch is relatively inexpensive but I invested in a very expensive band after I bought it because the one which comes with the watch is quite cheap and flimsy. My hat is off to Seiko but no cheers for Bulova.
on December 27, 2012
I went in search for a watch for my son. Sound easy? Try again. Believe it or not, there are many men who are not built like a linebacker. Most men's watches are very bulky and very large. A watch might look great in the catalog but it will feel like a lead weight and overwhelm the wrist for a normal size writs.

This watch is perfect for guys who want a simple and comfortable watch - thin and elegant but cool enough for the younger set. It's lightweight and the face diameter is well balanced. It's water resistant to something like 90 feet (more practically, it's water resistant to withstand the shower). The face is easy to read and my son commented that the logo was really cool.

This watch looks much more expensive than it is.

It's great for guys who want to graduate to a real watch without the bulk.
on March 12, 2017
Hubby loves this watch. Its simple, clean, and sophisticated. Its so hard to find a gold tone watch with a leather band that looks great, and thankfully we stumbled upon this one at the store and found it cheaper on Amazon! People think it was MUCH more expensive than it really was. Perfect for everyday wear at the office, but seamlessly transitions to a nice date-night watch.
on February 12, 2017
I give this watch one star but only because it won't let me give it zero stars. The battery had to be replaced every six months and in the 15th month (right after replacing the battery for a third time) it is totally dead. If you are looking for a cheap child's toy this is your watch, but if you are looking for something to help you be on time for work this is definitely not it. Literally having nothing is better than having this.
on September 8, 2016
This is an ideal men's brown dress watch to accentuate cognak, beige, khaki, or brown colors. In person, the bezel is a little bit thinner than I was expecting and the watch comes off a bit on the small side compared to my wrist which can make it look slightly less masculine. Also, the dark brown "alligator" skin like band may not blend as well with normal/lighter browns and may contrast more than desired. Aside from these minor details, it's made from a quality & known brand for a decent price. If you're looking for a staple brown dress watch that you'll be satisfied with, and don't want to settle for the D&W, this is probably the 2nd best choice.
on March 26, 2013
I am pleased with this watch so far. I bought it to replace a more expensive Tissot that was just too big for my wrist at 42mm diameter (IMHO). There are a number of other similar watches on Amazon that are under 40mm, but this seemed the simplest, classy, and the price was right. It doesn't have a fancy "Swiss" nameplate (so many are merely marketing anyway), but the tie-in of Bulova with the Citizen group provides a solid pedigree. The size is much more in line with my image of a dress watch, and looks great. I gave it only 4 stars because the band is pretty thin, but I find myself wearing this often as a good basic watch.
on March 7, 2016
amazing....looks like a retro dress watch....works great...classy...easy to read and
no guessing the time.....the price points are great compared to Seiko..citizens..fossil .....casio etc
....the date is a little small but I rarely need the date....
if you like old school retro this is definitely the watch...the second sweep is precious...
knowing its always working for you salary free 24/7....for the price its 25% of the big boys watch...
don't be a fool buy it quick.....
on January 30, 2018
Simple, elegant and light weight. I find the face to be just the right size. Not oversized but still big enough to be noticeable.