We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Men's marine star bracelet black dial; black and white bezel ring
- Flat mineral crystal; pitched tapered baton hands with 2 section white luminous fill
- Stainless steel case and bracelet
- Unidirectional bezel ring, calendar, screw back
- Water resistant to 660 feet (200 M): suitable for recreational scuba diving
In 1875, a young Czech immigrant named Joseph Bulova set up shop in New York City, and a legendary American watch brand was born. Bulova was trained as a jeweler, and his expertise carried over into his watchmaking career, which began around 1911 with boudoir clocks and pocket watches, and soon evolved to include what was then one of the latest and most fashionable technological innovations: the wristwatch.
Bulova introduced its first line of wristwatches in 1919. The company grew and prospered, and soon early radio and television ads were declaring, "America runs on Bulova time." In the 1950s, continuing its legacy of innovation, Bulova introduced Accutron, the first electronic watch, and the first breakthrough in timekeeping technology in over 300 years. The Accutron timing mechanism was later adapted for use by NASA computers and a Bulova timer was even placed on the moon to control transmissions of data. Bulova timepieces have kept official time aboard Air Force One and have also served as official timepieces for U.S. Olympic teams.
Today, Bulova maintains its tradition of excellence in technology and design, offering a diverse collection of beautiful precision timepieces for every occasion.
- Product Dimensions: 19.7 x 17.6 x 3.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.2 ounces
- ASIN: B002WJIQG2
- Item model number: 98B131
- Date first available at Amazon.com: January 1, 2010
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Bulova|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold-Over Clasp with Double Push-Button Safety|
|Case material||Stainless Steel|
|Case diameter||44.1 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||10.3 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless Steel|
|Band width||22 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless Steel|
|Special features||Water Resistant|
|Water resistant depth||660 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
I like the screw down crown which gives added protection during water activities.
The hands and face of the watch have super bright illumination in the dark, making it very easy to read at night.
The rotating bezel is convenient and easy to use as a timer.
The look of the watch itself is sporty, polished, and dignified. Can be worn on a suit, with jeans, or even with shorts. An everyday watch with class.
The weight of the watch is a bit heavy but one gets used to it.
Other metal band watches have tended to pull the hair out of my arms. This watch, with it's metal band, has yet to do so. Fits very comfortably.
I'm hoping to wear this watch for years to come.
- Very accuarate Japanese quartz movment (keeps very good time).
- Much higher quality than Invicta and Casio.
- Tight rotating bezel.
- Band extender for a dive suit.
- Water resistant to 660ft.
- Clean sharp bezel and face.
- Tight screw down crown.
- Descent lumin.
- Overall good quality and can feel it too.
- Slighty cheap, loose, and floppy Chinese bracelet, but not nearly and bad as Invicta, but not as good as SEIKO
- Second hand is slighty off each second tick but not a big prob.
- Not American made for an American brand!
Overall its a great, sharp, clean, quality watch for its price. Has its cons but it isnt a Rolex, Omega, or Breitling. Highly recommended!
It has a pretty low profile compared to some of the other coin edge diving watches, but it has nice heft and is very comfortable. The watch has some weight but is very balanced on the wrist and doesn't feel heavy after extended wearing. It fits my 7.5" wrist very well, that's always a concern when buying a watch online, but you will be pleased with the diameter and case thickness if your wrist is similarly sized. The lume on the watch seems to be decent. I havent had it long enough to comment much on this aspect, but it has done well outside and in a dark bedroom. I set the watch against an atomic G-Shock and the Bulova seems to be very accurate.
Don't hesitate to buy this watch if you are on the fence, it's a great value and really looks amazing on the wrist.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I been wearing my Bulova Marine Star for five weeks and I have received many comments, as it looks great and feels great. Would highly recommend to anyone.Published 12 months ago by kenny head
My Husband love it. heavy and masculine looking watch.... great buy.!!!!!Published 13 months ago by jhoy
The face was huge even for my husband's wrist. I didn't get it returned in time because I thought he'd go ahead & wear it, but he didn't & I ate the $$$ and have a brand new watch... Read morePublished 17 months ago by griggs
This watch has been sent back to be repaired/ replaced because of moisture in the crystal. I don't think anything was done to the watch because it now no longer functions at all... Read morePublished 22 months ago by MCS