Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 6, 2015
After looking through all of Bulova's Precisionist line I couldn't fathom getting some of their models as they were even bigger than this goliathon of a watch. For another year down at my job I got a few hundred bucks to spend and decided I wanted a watch, that being said:

Pros:
Unique bezel lock that works very well on a very well set bezel, when you have it unlocked the bezel makes an audible click for each position.
Has the extender on the bracelet for actual divers that need to fit the watch over a wetsuit
Screw down crown
Rated at +/- 10 seconds a year ( I will update this in 1 months time to see how it has kept )
Nice clasp on the bracelet
Comes well packaged
Plastic type wrapped around watch face and clasp
Has the Bulova signature tuning fork at the 12 o'clock position
Nice heavy feel

Cons:
Nice heavy feel - not everyone likes a heavy watch
Very thick case on this thing
The bracelet has been lightly squeaking on me, if it doesn't go away I'll simply replace the bracelet
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on November 22, 2015
Bulova has quickly become my favorite daily beater timepiece. After ditching my Rolex Yachmatser years ago, which didn't keep great time at all, I've experimented with more accessibly priced timepieces. It has allowed me to develop a collection and this watch makes for my third in the steadily growing stable.

This piece has heft, pop and eye appeal. The band is brushed stainless with polished sides—making it quite suitable for wear with suits or jeans. The bezel is coin-edged emblazoned with a blue dial ring showing brushed stainless markings around the perimeter. It's a diver, so the bezel is unidirectional and has a rather unique ratchet lever between 10 and 11 that holds the bezel securely in place once positioned. The Precisionist infinity symbol and lettering adorns the lever.

This is a flashy watch; however, it gets this done without diamonds or other accoutrements. Instead, a well placed array of carbon fiber pattern orbits the interior blue face. This treatment is offset by bold diver style hour and minute hands, along with a flawlessly smooth sweep second hand in Crimson—while the date window is positioned at 6 rather than at the traditional 3 o'clock position. Fortunately, this series maintained the Bulova tuning fork logo at 12 o'clock, which serves to pull the entire look together behind the scratch and glare resistent mineral crystal. The tuning fork movement is the hallmark feature of this line of timepieces. Oscillating at 262Hz per second, the typical 1-second tick of the second hand is replaced by a sweeping motion with an I'm perceptible 16 movements per mark.

This is a watch that keeps impeccable time due to the patented Precisionist movement and simultaneously excels at presenting itself extremely well no matter the attire.
on April 10, 2016
I want to start off by saying I consider myself a watch collector. With that said I enjoy lots of different watches my collection consists of mostly 100$-700dollar watches, I don't have the big money to buy the Rolex, Breitling and so forth but I do enjoy collecting. With all that said I have guess, Redine, Casio,fossil,picard, Invicta ,ESQ, Mavado, Nixon and citizens. While these are all great brands this Bulova is now my favorite watch, it is larger than most of the watches I own but you can't beat the quality of the watch. I was very skeptical because it has a large face but it is solid through and through it is very catchy with its royal blue face and what looks to be as a carbin fiber tweed beneath the hour markers. The locking mechanism on the bezel is also a unique feature. I have had the watch for three days and have not lost any time. I have not put it in water yet but I assume with a 1000ft rating this will not be a problem. If you like a larger face watch with very good weight and what seems to be great quality, this is a great timepiece to add to your collection.
review image
on December 7, 2014
Not your run of the mill dive watch! This watch has 2 very unique features that set it apart and make it a great conversation piece. The bezel lock makes the appearance of the watch very different on the outside. The movement of the watch makes it very different on the inside. The precisionist movement beats at 16 times per second instead of ticking once per second. This means the watch beats 57,600 times an hour vs 3,600 times per hour like a typical quartz movement. Pretty cool and much more precise (even if it does not live up to its 10 seconds per year accuracy claim which some say it does not). The screw down crown, screwed in caseback,300 meters water resistance, and SOLID stainless steel bracelet put this watch in a higher bracket than the price reflects.
on June 11, 2015
This is a great watch! It looks sharp and can be worn when dresses casually or in a suit. It's a larger watch but not nearly as large as some I've seen people wearing lately. I have received many compliments since I've been wearing it. I've owned Bulova watches before and they keep great time. They never seem to lose time! This one is rated better than the previous Bulova watches I've owned. I don't know how it could be better, they all seem to be nothing short of 5 star!
on October 22, 2015
4 stars OVERALL. However, considering you can pick this little guy up for about $160 shipped; I would put it a 4.5 if I could. I reserve 5.0 for just the best watch ever, so I'm being tough. I like it. If I were designing it, I'd make some changes, but overall, I like it.
PROS:
- The smooth sweeping second hand! I'll admit it; this is really WHY I bought the watch. It's intoxicating. Very cool. It's smooth.
- Heavy built. It's a big watch; but I'm okay with that. It's very solid. the band is attractive and very sturdy. Build quality is good.
- 30 BAR/1000 feet water resistant rating. OK. yeah it's built to take pressure.
- In general it's an attractive watch, but not overly "blingy." I have a "CON" related to this, but only a minor one.
- Relatively simple face. I hate watches that have superfluous dials and stuff that is supposed to look techy, but is really just dumb. I like dials and gizmos if they serve a REAL purpose. In general, this watch face is straight to the point. What you need and little you don't.
- Price point. Again, available for $160. Pretty good buy. I'd put it in the $400-500 class; which it is/was. the MSRP is $650.
CONS:
- The glow-in-the-dark illumination is weak sauce! Yes, the hands (minus the second hand) and the 12 points glow, but not very brightly and they lose their brightness quickly after exposure to light. Is this a big deal? Well probably not the end of the world, just doesn't meet expectation for a MSRP $650 watch! My Citizen SKYHAWK AT with tiny illumination points blows it away.
- Slightly schizophrenic design. It's a (little) confused about whether it wants to be jewelry or a precision instrument. I don't tend to appreciate odd design elements that are just for show. Example: Between the 12, 3, 6, and 9 positions there are little segments on the face that look like carbon fiber cutouts. Why? They aren't solar panels. It's a super minor point. (I fly airplanes for a living, and the kind I fly are built for purpose. There's a certain sexiness to instrumentation that is precisely made because precision is the desire, not bling. A little artistic license is ok, but I couldn't care less about diamonds or gold on a MANS watch. I want an instrument!)
- Accuracy. This is going to be nitpicky, but mine gains a second about every 5-6 days. This is way better than losing a second! All I have to do is pull the crown out for a potato, then press it back in, voila; back on target. I've read elsewhere that this thing is supposed to be accurate within about 10 seconds a year; I won't hold Bulova to that because I don't know if they advertise that or not; however, this watch is in the 60-90 seconds per year category. At least mine is. As I mentioned, my other watch is a SKYHAWK AT; it syncs with the atomic clock in Colorado every night. I got spoiled.
OVERALL:
My CONS should not be perceived as carrying the same WEIGHT was my PROS. This is a cool watch. I really do like it. Solid build, super-cool second hand, attractive, relatively simple. Accuracy is probably only going to be significantly beat by an "atomic" watch. A DEAL at $160.
on November 4, 2014
I feel dirty - cuz at less than 30% of retail price, I feel like I stole this Bulova Catamount. So much so that I also bought the white faced version with red & black bezel :) The continuous sweeping second hand conveys the quality of this watch. The sapphire blue dial with with the red interior enumeration to the right and the sweeping red second had - very cool. A locking bezel and the heft of the watch plus the other details. I've owned Breitling, Cartier, Movado, and Tag Heuer - Bulova provides value that exceeds those brands; for the price.
on September 29, 2014
I've purchased several Bulova watches from Amazon and most of them Precisionist. I'm a big fan of the product line. This was my latest acquisition. It's probably my second favorite one at this point. The pictures online don't do it justice. The blue face is very vivid in person and offset nicely by the red second hand. The lock down mechanism helps it to catch people's eye so you get more compliments on it. It also has a chunky feel and seems to be larger than any of the others in my collection.
on June 19, 2015
heavy ,big watch but nice look beautiful color , tested under the bathtub 2feet at 5min nothing happen . super tight seal budy, this is dive and all wather watch I feel stronger with this, trust perpact time every day super acuacy time until now over one year I had. now price drop . very good mens watch. recommend.
on January 17, 2016
Excellent build quality. Fairly heavy and not at all delicate. But I like that. So far it performs flawlessly.