Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 129 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 136 reviews
on February 28, 2017
Great value for the money. Sheathes are a little cheap, but the knives cut well and will last for many years if you take care of them. I keep mine separated from other knives so they don't shatter.
on January 13, 2013
Very good knives! But do not drop one by accident because they break like glass. My mom broke one of them by dropping them & she chipped one cutting something, I don't know what. But anyway I still gave the knives 5 stars because as knives they do the job & very well. My mom is just getting up there in age, so you know how that is & that is sure not the knives responsibility (He He). When I first bought them I could not believe how sharp they were & how good & smooth that they cut thru things like fruits & vegetables. They are so sharp that you better not slip because if you make a mistake & slip with these puppy's, then you just might not have any fingers left to cut another day :-) . So just be aware of how sharp they are & be careful. They say in the directions when you wash them to always wash them by hand & to dry them off right away & to never put them inside of the dishwasher. These knives are so sharp when I wash them I take the wash rag & put most of it together to make a nice size of material to clean the blade with & I clean them nice & slow because one slip & it will be off to the emergency room because boy these knives are like having baby ninja swords & sharpened well. They work so good that I am going to by a new set & put them up & when my mom comes over I will not let her use them, I will point her in the direction of my stainless steel Ginsu's because she can't break or chip those at all & these baby's I am keeping to my self. Anyway Good Cutting!
on April 9, 2014
Nice selection, and each with a protective shield. I owned just one before I ordered this set. I have a number of expensive steel knifes but I would much rather use the ceramic knives. They stay sharp forever which is a big plus for me. They may not be as durable as a steel knife and they need to be handled with care. My original one I have had for over three years.
on June 11, 2013
These are not very expensive, and they are a joy to use. Sharp and sturdy. I treat them badly: put them in the dishwasher, use them to cut raw meat... and they persevere. The peeler is just amazing: I would buy this whole set just for the peeler.

They are not metal knives: they don't like work like raw meat where the flexibility of the blade is important. And they are very sharp: you need to respect that.

Because I abuse them, the longer blades have earned a couple of tiny chips in the edge. That only makes them better at cutting soft things like bread. The blades are thicker than equivalent metal blades, so they don't slip into small slices (like radial cuts on a small onion) as well as a skinny metal knife. If you are just chopping, they will slice an onion so thin you can read through them.

They are not perfect for everything in the kitchen, but I find excuses to use them for *almost* every occasion.

My set is over a year old, and I use them every day I cook.
on May 19, 2015
Ceramic knives are meant for slicing not chopping so keep that in mind when reading the other reviews. These knives slice smoothly through meat raw or cooked. Also if used for common household kitchens, unlike steel knives, they do not need to be sharpened constantly. I prefer to trim most of the fat off the meats I cook prior to cooking and these knives slice through anything with very little effort. Also work well for cutting vegetables if you use the rocking motion. Keep in mind they are ceramic and if you hit them against a harder surface they will chip or break.
on January 12, 2012
I bought this knives six or seven months ago and have used them a bunch. I love them. They are very sharp and very sturdy. Being kind of cheap price wise I was expecting a cheap knife but they are really a nice set.
They have a black plastic handle that is real strong. I wish they came with a block or a nice sheath, but they don't. I have been very careful with them and they look and cut like the day I received them.
I now am a believer in ceramic cutlery. From now on I will only buy ceramic knives for the kitchen. They clean easy and stay sharp for a long time. Much longer than any metal knife I have ever owned.
Thanks for the great products Amazon.
on March 11, 2014
I bought them because I watched a documentary about ceramic knives (yes, there is one in discovery channel or natgeo can't remember). So I wanted to get some. I looked for ones of Hampton Forge but they weren't fully made of ceramic, and these ones are full ceramic (or thats what I think) and the price was really good so I decided to try.
Im from Chile so ceramic knives are expensive, so even if i had to pay custom taxes they were still cheaper than the ones in stores here.
They cut really good, I havent had them for long, but you can really tell the difference. Just be careful with your fingers!
on August 12, 2011
I've been using these knifes for over a month. I haven't had any problems with the quality, but they are designed poorly for chopping. The heel/bolster of the knife is in the way to properly chop any vegetables.

Revised....The new design has outdated my previous review. It looks as if they have changed it so the bolster isn't protruding past the blade. I'll have to up my rating now even though I bought the previous style which aren't as good as these.
on November 25, 2013
I have a cuisinart ceramic knife that is wonderful. Thought I would try these out as they were a lot less expensive. Sorry, but no comparison. These knives dragged through the food compared to the cuisinart knife. So, sent them back.
on January 12, 2012
I've never had ceramic, but I researched carefully before buying these knives... I've got to say I'm very impressed. So far they've cut through everything like it's butter. They are light, which is a relief when carrying them around all day, as I use them for work, as a cook. I love the fact they come with sheaths for each of them although I wasn't too thrilled with the fact the sheath was a bit short and didn't fit the santoku knife properly. The other sheaths fit perfectly though, and other than that, my knives are wonderful so far.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.