Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on September 6, 2013
I have three small children and I enjoy making little outfits for them. The bane of my existence, though, are buttons and snaps. I have spent countless frustrating hours pounding away at metal snaps (or worse, using the godawful Dritz pliers to try to put in) , tediously hand-sewing in metal snaps or arguing with my sewing machine while putting in buttons. I'm competent enough to sew garments, but any fastener other than a zipper causes me consternation - mainly because I have arthritis in my hands.

I read rave reviews about the KAM snaps + pliers and decided to give them a try. I have to tell you, after watching the video ONCE (and there is a very helpful one on You-Tube if you don't want to pop in the included DVD and see the whole thing) I was snapping away. The pliers could not be any easier to use! They don't require all that much force to set a snap and the rubber cushion on the metal tip really makes this a smooth, comfortable process.

Last night, just hours after getting my hand press, while sitting and watching TV, I set 12 snaps down the back of a jumper for my oldest daughter and 6 snaps down the back of a jumper for the baby. FYI, those garments are made from woven cotton. The buttons look great and don't tug at the fabric when being snapped/unsnapped.

My kit came with the awl, which makes the job even easier. Push through the fabric, set your snap, press with the pliers and you're on your way. The snaps ARE pretty tight when first fastened. Just open and close them a few times once you've put them in and they do loosen up a bit.

If I could give these 10 stars, I would.
on June 11, 2013
I've spent years using a cruddy barely-working dritz snap pliers, and when I got tired of the horrid job it did, I would get out the little snap tool that you use with a hammer. Neither way was pleasant to use, but they put snaps into the fabric in the end. Today I received the Kam snap pliers and ran to my desk to try them out. It was so easy, my 7 year old could do it! No more bent/smashed dritz snaps for me! What a RELIEF.

My only regret is all of the time (years!) I wasted on the 2 pairs of dritz pliers that never worked well for me!
on August 10, 2011
Wonderful tool for moms making diapers. It takes some arm strength to set more than just a couple snaps but its such a great price in comparison to buying the actual press. And the company was great, I emailed them requesting a different color snap for the 200 that come with the pliers and they replied quickly and said "no problem", they had me note the color code in an email to them right after my order with my order number and a couple days later I had the pliers and my pink snaps!! yay!
on April 3, 2014
I didn't have any issues figuring out how to use it. Mine didn't come with any instructions, but if you look it up online, it's pretty easy to figure out how to do it. My problem with it, though, is that some of the snaps don't seem to work. I tried going over them again but it's not really working. If i can't snap them, then they really aren't all that useful. I'm thinking that the pliers are kind of messed up because they aren't putting as much pressure on the buttons as they should be so the center pointy part isn't really getting smashed enough (if you have used these pliers you'll understand what I'm talking about). If I figure out a way to fix the problem, then I'll change this review but as of right now, i'm pretty disappointed in the product.
on June 17, 2013
I make knitting bags for my customers, and I put snap-together yarn guides inside each bag. I don't need a TON of snaps a week, probably somewhere between 8 and 20. This snap pliers set is perfect for that. It's a GREAT value compared to buying snaps at the store - my cost per snap went from 50 cents to 3 cents even WITH figuring in the cost of the pliers themselves. It works really well, too! The only "down" side is that it does make my hand hurt after doing two many in a row. My employer owns the big KAM snap press, and I highly recommend that product if you're going to be putting in a lot of snaps every day or week. If you're just doing low volume like me, though, these snaps look and work better than the ones from the store at a fraction of the cost.
on June 16, 2014
I can't say enough about this thing!

I had heard from quite a few friends that they used this frequently to repair or resize baby diapers and thought I might get one for this reason. But I use it for SO MUCH MORE!

This is very easy to use. I've messed up a total of 2 snaps. The key points are to make sure that the plastic snap sits flat in the cup, use the right cup for the right snap and press hard. The only times I've even slightly messed up a snap its because I was trying to cut corners and usually I had a layer of fabric over the back of the snap causing it to not set evenly in the cup.

So far I've used this to:
resize bibs for my smaller babies (the bibs were more for toddlers and I'm using them for drool catchers!)
resize cloth diapers to fit smaller babies
make drool/chew pads for baby carriers
repair a diaper bag
Resize baby booties
Make and resize Swaddle wraps

Very cheap way to fix things or make crafts/sewing projects!

Very easy to use!
on January 7, 2016
The KAM Snap Hand Press Pliers arrived in good shape and work very well. I was lucky to have someone show me how to use them and some tips because there is very little instruction included. I suggest getting a box with small compartments and separate the male from female snaps. When deciding where the snap will be placed, with both fabrics together, use the pick to make a hole (wiggle it around a little to make sure the hole is big enough, then place the snaps one side at a time into the hole. Snug the fabric close to the snap by pushing it up to the snap; then press in place with the snap top. I am happy with the way they work with the KAM snap sets. I was even glad to be able to replace a broken snap on a heating pad cover. The snaps and setter can be used for so many things that you don't have to be a sewer or crafter to own this tool.
on September 28, 2015
I really like these. My only complaint is that the snaps "snap" together so tightly that it is hard to pull them apart without ripping the snaps off of the fabric you attached them to! You need to use these with fabric that is just the right thickness. And it has to be stronger than the hold of the snap. I made some bibs with a layer of quilting cotton and a layer of baby terrycloth and that thickness seems to work OK. If your fabric is too thick the snap won't attach securely enough. Basically the snap clamping onto the fabric has to be stronger than the two snap pieces snapping together. I have found several uses for these already though, so I am happy I bought them!
on June 4, 2015
Returned item. It had been obviously used; but the real problem was the pack of snaps that came with it. It had the button heads and the female snap part, but NO male snap parts. Totally useless. Besides, I counted them, and the count was off...like I said, someone used this before I got it.
on July 8, 2014
This thing is SO easy to use! I really liked working with the seller too (I Love Big Buttons) because they put handy labels on the different snap components and even provided a link to a tutorial video - which was super helpful! I've read other reviews about people getting sloppy results, but I'm really not sure why that would be... I've had awesome results so far! I have been careful to line everything up right, and then to squeeze all the way down - they've turned out great. I also worried that plastic (rather than metal) snaps wouldn't feel as secure, but I've been impressed by the level of hold with these :)