Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 114 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 195 reviews
on November 28, 2015
So I played the violin a long time ago but lost access to the violin I used to practice on. I just wanted a relatively inexpensive violin that still sounded decent to pick up again and play as a hobby. I was really pleasantly surprised with the quality of this violin for the price. I've been playing it for a few weeks now and I'm enjoying it. It keeps in tune pretty decently (I have to tune it a little every time I pick it up but it is rarely ever extremely off).

Overall if you want a reasonably priced yet still decent beginner violin, I can't recommend this one enough. It's wonderful.
on August 9, 2017
*I will add to review after a tfew months have passed including any instructor comments* We received this violin this week for our 10 year old who will be playing the violin starting in September. I researched violins online and in stores. The local shop had a great program and quality violin but it cost more than I wanted to spend when I am not sure he will stick with it. At 1/3 of the cost I was able to order a violin package online. What I loved about this violin were the package deal, reviews and service. This Bunnel Violin shipped and packaged beautifully. The case seems to be of a good quality including a humidity guage. There is lots of case space and straps for carrying. The package came with the violin, case, a shoulder rest, extra strings, rosin, cleaning cloth and case tag. Information about care, registering and warrantying the violin is also included . The violin appears to be in great condition with no defects. As other reviews have mentioned the pegs are plastic but to be expected for an affordable violin. Kennedy also has a warranty of 1 year for all issues regarding defects along with a limited lifetime warranty on the craftmanship. They also have a trade in/upgrade program that applies to all their violins despite being sold in another state. Information card that came in package informs about Kennedy instructional YouTube videos and phone number for tuning help.The violin appears to be set up and tuned, however we will have his instructor confirm when school starts since our son is the first violinist in our family. Over all this violin is a great value for a beginner violinist!
on November 29, 2016
We purchased this violin for my sixth grader. He is in his school orchestra. This is his second violin and he really likes all the space in the case. The case is light weight and seems to be durable. The violin itself is beautiful and the sound is great! We also contacted Kennedy Violins and the customer service is excellent. Couldn't be happier!!!
on March 30, 2017
We bought this for our 12 year-old daughter who just started violin lessons a couple months ago. For a beginner/student violin it's a fantastic value. The violin itself is beautiful. The shoulder rest that was included was smaller and not as comfortable as the one we had, so it's not being used. The case is very lightweight but sturdy and has a lot of storage. The tuning pegs are plastic rather than metal, but this is a $200 violin, not a $1000 violin. For people not familiar with stringed instruments: the only issue to be aware of, and is not a big deal, is that it will most likely NOT be tuned when you receive it, contrary to the description that it will be ready to play right out of the box. Ours most definitely needed to be tuned, which we expected and again is not a big deal. That's just the nature of stringed instruments - changes in humidity and temperature, not to mention the jostling around during shipment, will render the instrument out of tune. Both our daughter and her violin teacher are very happy with the violin, and so are we!
on April 27, 2016
I have been learning to play for the first time on this Violin for just over a month now. I received everything in good order, and it has everything a beginner needs to get started playing right away. The only thing I would recommend getting in addition to this set is an auto tuner, I use a clamp on Snark fine tuner that appears to work well. The Violin holds its tune well and has good sound as far as my novas ears can tell. I decided to go with this Kennedy Violin over cheaper models being afraid that cheaper models would have bad sound and other problems causing me to quit playing. I am very happy I spent more for this Violin, it has been very satisfying to play, and the only frustration comes from trying to get my hands to work right and not from the Violin itself.
on October 29, 2015
We had the violin for about a week and so far everything seems great! We bought this for our daughter who has just started lessons. As parents with no knowledge of violin playing or sound, the instrument performs like it should. However, our daughters instructor said that the violin sounded "tinny" she commented that it could be the strings. But she did say that the violin is better than what other parents have bought. She was able to tune the violin with ease. The instructor said other inexpensive violin brands cannot be tuned.
Overall, we are happy with this purchase because it's a starter violin for our girl. I'm sure she will grow out of this size by next year, and we are glad that we didn't spend a fortune.
on February 23, 2016
Apart from the missing shoulder rest, everything was good!
The violin arrived almost in tune. I tuned it with only a little effort. The bow is not the top quality but it is acceptable. Maybe only mine was like this but it arrived as some of the hair is pulled out at the tip (but it was not a big deal). Other than the shoulder rest all the accessories are good! Shoulder rest was missing, Amazon offered me a return and refund but I was happy with my violin. So, I contacted Kennedy Violins about this issue and they apologized immediately and told me that shoulder rest will be sent to my address as soon as possible! This is what I call "a good customer services". The package also includes spare strings and a book to start playing violin, and CANDIES! :)
on July 10, 2017
Outstanding violin. Shoulder rest broke on the first day and certain straps on the case are starting to tear after infrequent use. Regardless, I have to give it 5 stars. For the price the violin is amazing and the accessories are a nice plus.

Unrelatedly, there is also a heart drawn in pencil on my fingerboard nearest to the bridge. I have no idea why it's there but I love it. If anyone knows the story behind this, feel free to let me know.

I would recommend Kennedy Violins to my friends.
on October 5, 2015
I did quite a bit of research on violins before purchasing a 4/4 size for my daughter. She is a fairly new player but we are hoping, since she moved up to full size, that this one will last her awhile. After all my research Kennedy Violins seemed to get consistently good ratings and the price was very affordable. This item came on time and well packaged. As soon as we got the violin, we had her teacher check it out. The teacher said it was a wise purchase and the only thing we might want to consider is replacing the G String but other than that it is a quality violin.
on May 9, 2017
I purchased this violin for my 13 year old son. He loved it, but after about 3 months the bow lost most of it's hairs. I called customer service, and they were great, and took care of my problem. They replaced the bad bow and a new one right away. I am very happy with their customer service. You can tell about a company by the way they treat their customers. I really appreciate their speedy service.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.