Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bunny My Honey
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM

on August 20, 2001
I picked this book out for my 2 1/2 year old daughter and she really enjoys it. The story is simple. There is a mommy bunny, baby bunny and baby bunny's two friends, Little Duckling and Miss Mouse. Baby bunny wanders too far one day and gets lost. No one is to blame, it's just something bad that happened. Baby bunny crys for his mommy when he hears "Bunny my honey!" (At this point, my daughter loves to yell out "It's his mommy!!!!") They have a happy reunion and share a tender moment. Mommy bunny also mentions that she loves her "other honeys" too, as Little Duckling and Miss Mouse gather close. The little friends all sing a song when they are together and it is up to the reader to make up the rhythm to the words. (Don't worry, it's an easy sing-song rhyme and my daughter seems to enjoy that I sing it a little differently each time. She also makes up her own rhythms for the rhyme as she sings.) I personally love the reunion page, it really encourages you to share a special moment with your child. Although I imagine a group of children would enjoy being read this story, I think it's made extra special when shared with your own "Bunny My Honey".
on May 13, 2001
This is an absolutely precious book that I bought for my own 5-year-old after he confided that he liked being called my "Honey Bunny." I wondered if he would find the book too sweet and too young; instead, it opened the way for great discussion about unconditional love. It's become a bed-time favorite for all ages in this household!
on September 23, 1999
This book was so wonderful and the illustrations were so sweet that I bought it for myself even though I have no children (and am a full-fledged grown-up). The story is simple enough for a toddler and yet the emotion is so clearly portrayed that it touches even adult hearts. Who doesn't fear being lost from those we love, at any age? And who cannot appreciate the warm love of Mommy Rabbit? And the illustrations are again, cute enough for toddlers to enjoy but beautiful and detailed enough for an adult to appreciate. Truly a classic for all ages!!
on August 1, 2014
It's not the same as the paperback! :( My toddler has the paperback memorized at nana's, so I thought having his own copy at home would be nice, and thought the cardboard one would be good for his little hands. Nope. There isn't a back page, and some of the pages are either missing or combined. The whole story is still there, but certain pictures are missing. He's not impressed. But it's still a really cute story.
on January 19, 2014
This book is our favorite book. This is the board book my kids cannot let me get rid of. This is the one my tweens still reference. It is a great little book. I buy it for other families. Little bunny was lost...and then he was found. "Honey my bunny? MOMMY!" "perhaps it was a game that went wrong" we love this book. These phrases are a part of our family story.
on January 29, 2001
This is one of my 2 1/2 year olds favorite books, as well as mine. She loves saying the "little Honey's" verse. She really gets involved in the story when I read it. She gets worried when bunny is lost and so happy when he finds his mommy. I recently took this too a nursery class for children 1 1/2 - 3 years old and they all had the same reaction. The pictures are wonderful and the story so sweet. It is a book for all ages and a must have.
on May 4, 2014
The Easter Bunny brought this book to our 6-month-old grandson this year. We read it to him twice a day while we visited. He would chew the book and enthusiastically pat the pages. The story is short with words a baby would easily recognize…. such as "Mommy," perfect for baby.
on February 16, 2015
My youngest son's favorite book! He is 4 years old. He has me read it everyday; sometimes more than once. At the end of the book, I have to cuddle him and we twitch our noses together. He is starting to recite it with me. Dear, precious book!
on March 22, 2011
My second grade student said:
Did you ever get lost? If so, you should read Bunny My Honey by Anita Geram. Mommy and bunny love each other. It takes place in the woods. Mommy has baby bunny. Mommy and bunny and bunny's friends play hide and seek. Bunny goes too far and he get's lost. I think this book is sad because bunny get's lost. This book reminds me of the time I got lost. It was when I went camping with my family. I called for my mom and dad like little bunny. Then I walked and walked but I kept on getting lost. Then my mom and dad found me just like mommy bunny. The book teaches that if you get lost sometimes your mom or dad can find you. The lesson in this book is that you do not need to worry because they might find you. In this book you learn that you should scream for your mom and dad if you need help or someone who is with you. I recommend this book to anyone who got lost.
Viviana, age 8
on April 14, 2011
I read 3 books to my boy/girl 2-yr old twins every night before bedtime. When I first read this book a couple times or so, I didn't think much of it, nor did I get a reaction from them as they normally giggle or point to pictures in other books such as 'Goodnight Moon' or 'The Going to Bed Book' which they love. Last night, I asked them to pick 3 books for me to read and they both picked "Bunny, My Honey"--and they both started saying 'MAMMA! MAMMA! MAMMA!'...No idea why they kept calling me but anyway, when I got to the page where little bunny gets lost, THEN I realized what they were referring to. This time they were more attentive and when I was done reading (takes about 3 minutes) they wanted me to read it again. A very delightful book about a mommy's love!