- File Size: 848 KB
- Print Length: 99 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Vie La Publishing House, LLC (January 30, 2017)
- Publication Date: January 30, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01NAWIYV8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,455,743 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Burden of Proof Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Our main character, Emili Jones, has taken on a new job as a paralegal. She doesn’t know much about the legal aspects of crime and punishment, so she spends a great deal of time researching for her job. After many months of learning she is ready to take on her first case. A thirteen year old stands accused of murdering his family in the dead of night. The only survivor is his mother, who swears he killed everyone and then tried to kill her. The only person who believes he is innocent is his grandmother, and she hires the law firm Emili works at to defend him. Emili knows there is more to the story and she is determined to find the truth, even if it kills her.
Burden of Proof is the third book in the Spark Before Dying series. This book is a standalone, but does include some characters from the other books in the series. There is also a smidge of romance, but it does not overpower the story. It is under a hundred pages, making it a quick and fun read during the day. I really wished this story was longer, but I am still glad I read it. The only concern I had was the flow. Sometimes I felt it changed to a new part of the story pretty fast with no lead up to it and time went by really quickly.
Final Rating: 4 Stars
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Amateur Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Crime > Murder
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Women Sleuths
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Legal