Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Burger Pocket Press
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on July 22, 2013
I ordered this burger pocket press for a burger contest on YouTube (wish me luck). I thought it worked really well and would recommend this gadget to anyone wanting to make a perfectly stuffed burger. I was surprised how much cheese I could get in there.

User Tip: after pressing your burger, take a toothpick and run it along the inside of the burger ring. This allows the burger to slide right out without any sticking.
on June 21, 2011
I first saw a burger press in the Williams Sonoma catalog and thought it was a great idea. After reading the not so good reviews I decided against buying it. I found this one on-line with good reviews so I got it and it works really well! The fillings stay in the center of the burger and they are delicious. Two things that are probably important to making these great burgers are #1 use a 80/20% ground beef mixture #2 don't press down on the burgers while they are cooking. This is a great product, easy to use and clean and the burgers are SO GOOD!!
on December 26, 2013
I bought a composite-type-one-part version of a burger press from Walgreen's, brought it home, played with it a bit and was like..."huh." I got online and looked for other options and in the process found a video for the very product I had just purchased. My doubts and gut feeling had been confirmed and I returned the item the next day. After researching several more options I stumbled upon what appeared to be a much simpler and more reliable, effective way to press stuffed burgers. What I love about this product, is you can easily make a fat juicy stuffed burger OR (what I had not thought of before) just crank out 1/2-cup-of-meat patties in perfect form and with good pressure throughout. I made a few of each using pure elk meat. As for the stuffed burgers with shredded cheddar or whatever fixin's you choose, be ready to eat a big burger if you stuff 'em. I really preferred the 1/2 cup of elk meat pressed into perfect patties. I aged, spiced and brought them to room temp, then seared/grilled to my liking. WOW. These patties were the best I have ever had. I will not hand make patties as long as I have this tool in my kitchen. Both turned out wonderfully and I just love how simple and versatile this product is. Buy some now and you'll have half of your Xmas shopping done for 2014. P.S. I'm not affiliated. I wish I had invented it.
on September 27, 2011
I bought the Burger Pocket Press online, 1 day after my DH complained about the burger press we had sitting in the cabinet. It was IN the cabinet because nobody liked to use it. It had these nubs where you spin it to mark for different sized burgers, sometimes it moved & then locked up. It was annoying & a pain to clean. So, it was never used. I ordered Burger Pocket Press on a Friday, & had it MONDAY!! We used it that night & my DH was very pleased. Easy to use, easy to stuff burgers, easy to clean. We use it at least once a week, both to stuff a burger & to just make a uniform pattie. But, don't stop there! We've made sausage patties, plain, ground chicken (don't like turkey) burgers stuffed with apples, CRAB CAKES (!) were divine (nice chubby patties) & mashed potato cakes that didn't fall apart! Great buy, great price, and USA made!!
on May 2, 2013
I must admit - very skeptical when I received this product. Read the instructions and prepared samples. Careful not overload the stuffing and to my surprise - the burgers came out great. My kids learned how to fill and cook the burgers and bought several burger pocket presses and took them back to college. They were the hit of the campus!!. Both were in sports and the coaches ordered more and both my kid's teams had cook-outs after their game and meets. Word got around to the parents and they ordered more for their kids!!! Kudos to the inventor hope he has other ideas for helping working moms and hungry kids!!
on May 18, 2012
Update: 3/18/15

Just made my first burgers of the season this year. I have this thing down perfectly. My burgers tasted amazing, and I used bacon bits and habanero cheese in the middle. It melted PERFECTLY into the burger, and the juice was insane. Even well done, the burger was dripping. It takes a while to get it down, but once you do, your burgers will never be the same. It takes me about five minutes per burger, hand shredding the cheese, and it's worth every minute. I love it.

First off, let me say that I am an impressive burger chef, and the burger press with rings really took my burgers to the next level. That being said, I looked forward to taking my weekend meals to the next level. I ordered this press hoping my burgers would turn out how they look in the pics, but they did not. I don't think the pictures are misleading, but I think there is a learning curve. My burgers came out great, and the stuff I put in the center (two cheeses I shredded myself, some bacon bits, and shredded jalapenos) stayed there, but you could easily see how I put two burgers together, not that I had one single burger with stuffing. It would have easily come apart had I not been careful. FYI, I always boil the juice to the top of the burger, and then flip it over and let the juices boil to the top again. Then it's done. Again, I love this idea of the stuffed burger. I'm just not sure if I'm doing it right. I'm going to give it a few more tries, and I'll update my review as I do.

10/15/13
After another try, I do like the press. Just keep in mind, it'll take you 2-4 times to use this before you figure out exactly what's right for you and how to use it more efficiently. I'm going to use it again this Saturday with a buddy of mine who could earn a living with his burgers. Hopefully all goes well.
on June 16, 2012
At first I was skeptical of the Burger Pocket Press. After watching numerous shows on the "food network" and "travel channel", I was craving a "JUICY LUCY"!Wasn't sure if it really was going to work. But it DOES work!
I had trouble at first because I did not read the directions (typical male). The directions clearly show the amount of meat to use, and how to properly stuff the burger.
The only issue I had was it started to stick to the press by the third stuffed burger we made, but that is what happens to the other burger makers I have. So a quick rinse remedied that problem.
My wife loves it for the turkey burgers.......and she even used it for "veggie" burgers. P.S. - "veggie" burgers are NOT my favorite :-)
WORKS GREAT..........Hats off to the inventor!!
on April 10, 2014
Just a simple burger press that i use once a week for stuffed burgers. works exactly as advertised and makes 1/3 pound stuffed burgers. Our favorite is homemade blue cheese, freshly smoked bacon and red onions, yummmmmm.

one tip we found really works well, cur several 4 inch circles from either parchment paper or waxed paper and place one of them in the bottom of the press. Once circle will do 4 burgers, just helps them release from the bottom of the mold.
on November 23, 2012
I received the Burger Pocket Press as a Birthday Present and boy....this is the best present ever! Its simple to use and easy to clean. Makes delicious burgers and the filling stays inside. I used 88/12 ground beef and it produced super juicy burgers. Highly recommended. I usually don't write reviews on products but thought that this warranted my endorsement. I wish I thought of this gadget...I would be a millionaire right now.

Buy it you won't regret it.
on December 30, 2013
That's what my wife said. Followed the instructions to the letter, 1/2 cup for the bottom 1/3 cup for the top, filled with american cheese and I did not even spice the meat. Cooked on medium low for 6 minutes per side in a cast iron skillet there was little to no leakage of the cheese. This is a big change from when I tried to make "juicy lucy's" from hand, they split and melted everywhere.

The process seems like there are too many steps, but following them works and I made 4 burgers in 5 minutes on the first try so it's worth it.