Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Burgess 1443 Propane Insect Fogger for Fast and Ef...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 18% off the $64.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.45 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Burgess 1443 Propane Insect Fogger for Fast and Effective Mosquito Control in Your Yard
|Price:||$58.92 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$6.07 (9%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The same effective system used by professionals to kill mosquitoes.
- Kills and repels mosquitoes, biting flies, and flying insects for up to 6 hours
- Treats an average 5,000 square foot yard in less than 10 minutes
- Everyone can enter the treated area as soon as the fog disperses (typically less than 5 minutes)
- Propane powered making the fogger completely portable. Compatible with a 14.1 oz. tall style or 16.4 oz. short style propane cylinder (sold separately).
- Use only with Black Flag, Cutter, or Repel branded fogging insecticides.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
For best results
Use only with Black Flag, Cutter, or Repel branded insecticides (sold separately)
What's the Secret?
The secret to successful fogging is the fogger's ability to reduce insecticide into microscopic particles - up to 7 times finer than mist. The tiny particle size allows the fog to spread and float through the air, penetrating deep into landscaped areas and other insect havens. The result is more insecticide coming into contact with more mosquitoes - killing on contact. This creates a mosquito-free zone for up to 6 hours! For Outdoor Use Only.
- Fogging uses far less insecticide than conventional sprays
- 1 quart of insecticide treats up to 1/2 acre
- Insecticide is ready to use - no mixing necessary
Fast and Easy
Treats an average 5,000 square foot yard in less than 10 minutes. Thoroughly fog shrubs, ground covers, and dense foliage where mosquitoes rest.
Tip: Fog at dusk, when the wind has died down, before the mosquitoes emerge from their hiding places.
Kills and Repels
One application protects against mosquitoes and biting flies for up to 6 hours.
This is the same effective system used by professionals to kill mosquitoes that may carry the West Nile virus.
Portable and Convenient
The Burgess 1443 Propane Fogger can go with you anywhere as it uses a 14.1 oz. tall style (3" diameter x 10.5" long) (sold separately). One tank will provide approximately 2 1/2 hours of continuous fogging.
Ideal for outdoor parties, picnics and even camping!
Enjoy the Outdoors in 5 Minutes
People and pets can enter the treated area as soon as the fog disappears (typically less than 5 minutes).
Operating the Fogger
Step 1: Lock Trigger
Lock the trigger by sliding the yellow button to the right. This will prevent accidental pumping.
Note: If you can engage the trigger, it is not locked.
Step 2: Fill Reservoir
Remove the large yellow reservoir and fill with Black Flag, Repel, or Cutter Fogging Insecticide. When full, securely tighten the reservoir to the fogger.
Note: Ensure fogger pump is free from debris before placing in insecticide.
Step 3: Add Propane Cylinder
First make sure the fuel valve is closed by turning silver knob towards the nozzle until it stops. Then insert propane cylinder into rear of fogger and hand tighten.
Note: You can purchase cylinders at most hardware, discount, or sporting goods stores.
Step 4: Light Fogger and Preheat
With fogger on a level, non-flammable surface, place a flame under the silver coil that is contained in the mesh burner cover. Turn fuel valve a maximum of 1/4 turn to start propane.
It is very important to PREHEAT THE FOGGER FOR AT LEAST 2 MINUTES. If this is not done, the insecticide may not provide the desired results.
Squeeze the trigger once every 3-4 seconds for the optimal dry, white fog
Keep the breeze at your back and stand 5 feet away from where you are treating. Squeeze the trigger slowly and steadily every 3 to 4 seconds. Each pump will release a cloud of fog. Let it drift into the desired location amongst deep foliage, landscaped areas, or deeply wooded areas where mosquitoes like to hide.
NOTE: The effectiveness of the insecticide is dependent on the temperature of the fogger - making it very important that you preheat the fogger for 2 minutes. When fogging, every time you are squeezing the trigger, the fogger pump is forcing the insecticide through the heat-conducting coil. The heat instantly vaporizes the insecticide producing the fog. If the fog is thin and yellowish, the insecticide is too hot which means you need to increase the pumping rate to cool down the insecticide. If the fog is dripping from the nozzle, the insecticide has not had a chance to reach the optimal temperature; therefore, you will need to decrease the pumping rate.
Completely portable, this lightweight propane-powered fogger is the most economical way to kill mosquitoes, biting flies, and flying insects. The secret is in the microscopic particles it produces - up to 7 times finer than mist! The fog floats and penetrates deep into landscaped areas where mosquitoes hide - killing mosquitoes on contact and creating a 'mosquito-free' zone for up to 6 hours. In about 5 minutes, the fog is gone so you can start enjoying the outdoors again. Takes an average of 10 minutes to treat a 5,000 square foot yard. Use before backyard picnics, barbecues, outdoor parties and special events. This is the same effective system used by professionals to kill mosquitoes. The Burgess 1443 Propane Fogger features a 40 oz. reservoir and requires a standard propane cylinder (not included). Also has a trigger lock prevents accidental dispensing of insecticide. For best results, use only with Black Flag, Cutter, or Repel branded Fogging Insecticides. For outdoor residential use only.
Top customer reviews
PS, DO NOT LIGHT unit with the kerosene in it...its only to stop the pumper parts from rusting when in storage...Bob
- If you follow the instructions as to how to use and when to use you will see maximum results.
- If your expectations are to fog and not see any insects, you will be disappointed. There will be a few, but this will greatly reduce the numbers. So much so that they are not noticed.
- You will have to re-treat every 45min - 1 hour for best results if you are hanging around outside.(this only takes a few minutes)
- This unit as opposed to the 'other' brand does not have an ignitor built in. But this seems to be a design with the container on the bottom. (my neighbor has the other brand and has envy on this model).
- Go on a hunt for the fog liquid. You can sometimes find it cheaper if you search the web.
The reason for 4 stars as opposed to 5 is because the plastic is a bit chinsy. Keep in mind, that is not the important part of the unit, but I think they could have used thicker plastic.