Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Burials
Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 11, 2017
Exactly what I needed and wanted. I love AFI and I already had the cd version of Burials but I needed to add the LP to my collection.
on October 22, 2013
AFI have changed their sound a bit over the years and personally I like the progression and enjoy their new stuff as much as their earlier tunes. And that being said I must say AFI's new album Burials is a really strong album of hard rocking and versatile Goth Rock tunes. There's not one bad or weak song on the album and if you like this band's current sound then you should really enjoy this disc. The band is as tight as ever with Davey Havok delivering his usual melodic and sometimes haunting vocals, Jade Puget on guitar, Hunter Burgan on bass and Adam Carson on drums and all three providing backing vocals. The production from Gil Norton is top notch with the each song mixed to maximum effect from both lead and backing vocals and the instruments supporting them to the SPFX which are well used yet not overbearing thus creating songs with melodic impact but, not overproducing them. From the gloomy opening tune "The Sinking Night" that has an almost Goth Pink Floyd vibe to it, to the intense "I Hope You Suffer", to the fast paced and morbid "17 Crimes" this is an album that seems to indicate a band getting back to their more intense and darker side after the well made and satisfying but, somewhat lighter toned Crash Love. Even when the album does lighten up a bit like on the slower paced "Heart Stops" the band's darkly whimsical lyrics are present to tell this tale of a broken heart. But, the album rarely slows down and when the band does have a little fun like on the slightly more upbeat "Greater Then 84″ there is always still a touch of the morbid to remind us that they haven't forgotten their roots or influences and we won't be getting hearts and flowers anytime soon. And we wouldn't want it any other way. The first studio album from AFI in 4 years is definitely worth the wait and is a solid 13 track album that should satisfy fans of this Goth/ Rock/ Punk band and maybe earn them a few new ones in the process. A really solid and hard rocking album from AFI and highly recommended if you are a fan of theirs or Goth Rock in general. Great to have them back and in top form! A really good album!
on August 31, 2014
Each AFI's album is different. They always evolve. "Burials" follows the same pattern. It is a very well done and produced album. Quite heavy at times musically and lyrically. Davey Havok's vocals are as good as they get. You can hear how much he developed, there is maturity in his voice but also lots of, I mean LOTS of passion and involvement. Yes, he still can scream. But when he sings it is pitch perfect. It is a great album. And I can't wait to hear some of these songs live in concert.
on November 21, 2013
I liked December Underground better overall, but this album is growing on me. There aren't any songs that are so bad that I fast forward past them so that's a big plus and very rare for me these days.
on December 30, 2015
Sounds amazing, Looks amazing, Feels amazing.
on January 22, 2016
Got for my wife. She loves it.
on June 7, 2014
Great album over all. I really got my hopes up when I heard I Hope You Suffer and then got a little worried when I heard 17 Crimes because I thought it would sound like Crash Love. I was totally wrong. The album is a strange mix between the sounds of Sing the Sorrow, Crash Love, and Decemberunderground. I would definitely recommend this album to anybody that is a fan of AFI or anybody that is trying to give AFI a try.
on November 1, 2013
W O W. I know music is completely subjective (like most forms of art) but I had to write a review for this album and as a thank you to AFI. First, I was disenchanted with the Crash Love album. Don't get me wrong, perfectly mixed, but I was not a fan of the more poppy and clearly bright approach. Though there were a few great songs on Crash love, the album as a whole was too bright for my seasoned AFI tastes.

This is not that album (not that there is anything wrong with that). Like judging a book by its cover (which you shouldn't do unless you want to sell books), you can tell that they went different (good) with this album. This is a return to Sing the Sorrow style. Darker. Edgier. Has the layered approach Crash Love took with the depth and rawness of Sing the Sorrow (notice I am not mentioning December Underground... for good reason). This has that mix of electric, but only dabs of it, and when it clearly adds to the song; not distracts or takes away from it (full disclosure, I like the electric touches).

As musical tastes change and grow with time, this album clearly takes me back to a good place and has me singing (yelling) along. When you first put it in, you get a sense that you know where the music is going... and you like it. The rush of I Hope You Suffer clearly makes it mark on this album, as if saying, "Hell yes, we still know how to rock this". There is a nice ebb and flow to the album that just when you think they start to go bright they come back in dark with the next song. Superb mixing (yet again).

Do yourself a favor: DON'T listen to this while doing tasks or screwing around with other things. Grab a really good set of ear buds (or phones) and go for a walk or travel somewhere. JUST MAKE LISTENING TO THE ALBUM YOUR PRIORITY FOR ONCE! If you don't you will miss out on a lot of layers they mixed into this album. Oh, and buy the CD so you can at least enjoy the highest level of quality on a nice stereo system(yes they still make them). Not to mention you get the MP3 with amazon's matching policy thingy... hence the reason I say grab ear buds and go; I don't suspect you are going to be toting a portable CD player around. Those days are long gone, just like my youth...
on November 17, 2013
I know their sound has changed a bit from when they first came on scene, but I do enjoy what AFI has evolved into. I also know this album has been given lower ratings than their previous works (Rolling Stone gave them (2 or) 3 stars and a pretty rough critique). This album is still worth purchasing. If you want a slightly different sound, I recommend the 2 albums by Blaqk Audio (consists of 2 members of AFI). I also really enjoy their sound.
on January 23, 2014
It took a while for me to get into this album honestly. I've been listening to these guys since 95 or 96 so I'm always curious as to where their next album will take them. It's really good though. I've been listening to it at least once a day for the last couple of weeks. The only song I don't like is Greater Than 84, that songs sucks.