Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on April 8, 2013
If you love books and curling up with them on any day,then you will enjoy "Buried in Books".Even though I finished the book,I still find myself taking it down from my bookshelf and rereading parts of it. It has a great deal of references to books I never knew about.This will make you keep pen and paper ready to take notes about other books related to the same subject(bibliography).The book is full of short stories and gives you plenty of stopping points when the wee hours of the morning tell you,it's time to go to sleep.It's a keeper.
on March 19, 2011
As a bibliophile and a hoarder of words, these quotes were validating, and proof that there are others just as addicted to reading and collecting books as I am. It includes quotes extracted from plays, novels, memories, diaries, and letters, by authors and other famous obsessive readers and collectors of books. This is a few of my favorite quotes in this collection:

There is nothing so friendly-looking as a well-worn book. -Oliver Edwards, "Eminently Victorian" (1957)

Book lovers always have to touch books. -Maureen Corrigan, "Leave Me Alone: I'm Reading" (2005)

What, after all, is more seductive than the prospect of sinning in libraries. -Michael Dirda, "An Open Book: Chapters from a Reader's Life" (2003)

I will read and re-read this anthology again and again...just to know that I'm not as odd as my husband seems to think I am. In fact, I 'm sad that he can't be as wonderfully strange, and happy that the children show signs of being bookish!
on June 25, 2016
Wonderful selections and quotes. Just random reading of a few pages at a time is delightful.
on December 26, 2016
Great
on January 14, 2014
This is a lovely paperback. I do not usually buy anything but hardcover. I could not get this one in a hardcover. However, I am not disappointed in this book. It has flaps like hardcover paper covers have. Quality paper and cover stock.
on July 12, 2011
a treasure of a little book! It made me feel as though I had many new book friends from all over space and time, real and fictional.
The value of an anthology is nowhere better appreciated.
on May 11, 2013
Excellent service. This is very special to me since the book comes all the way from my Mecca, the original Book Town. Now I can tell my fellow bibliophiles I bought it at Hay on Wye. Thank you very much!
on July 26, 2013
it's not quite what i expected but i think that i can still get some uses from it. it is nice to read about how other people view and experience books