- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Harmony; 1 edition (December 30, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0804141053
- ISBN-13: 978-0804141055
- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 1 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 354 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,150 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Burn: Why Your Scale Is Stuck and What to Eat About It Hardcover – December 30, 2014
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"Yet again Haylie Pomroy provides real life solutions for problems plaguing our nation's health. The Burn provides real clinical change." --Mark Hyman, MD, bestselling author of The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet
About the Author
Haylie Pomroy, nutritionist, #1 New York Times bestselling author, and owner of integrative health care clinics in Beverly Hills, Burbank, Irvine, and Fort Collins, is well known in Hollywood and in the medical community for her ability to use food as metabolic medicine. She has appeared on PBS, The Dr. Oz Show, Good Morning America, Katie, Extra, and Access Hollywood, and has been featured in First for Women, Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, People, New Beauty, and more. Her celebrity clients include Jennifer Lopez, LL Cool J, Robert Downey, Jr., and NFL athletes. Visit her at Haylie Pomroy.com.
Top customer reviews
I have never written a product review before, but felt compelled after reading all of the negative reviews. I wanted to share how eating to these plans can make you feel drastically better. Hard core FMD and burn followers will likely chide me for sharing that I tweak portion sizes, but if I did not do this I could not stay on the plans and I'd feel bloated and disgusted like many reviewers.
Give these plans a try, if you are ready to make big sacrifices to feel great and improve your health drastically. If you are looking for a way to lose weight with a super tasty food p!an and little effort, this book is definitely not for you.
Good luck and I hope you give Haylie's plans a try.. Sorry my review is so long. If it helps 1 person improve a health issue and/or lose weight, writing it was worth it.
1. Labor intensive - there is a ton of preparation and a huge grocery list involved in this diet (specifically the H burn). I was frustrated from the beginning.
2. The taste - I'm not sure where to begin. It's awful. Really awful. The smoothie, tea and soup are all terrible. I woke up in a bad mood at the thought of having to choke down one of those smoothies. The tea was even worse. The soup tasted bland and ok in comparison, but that's not saying much.
3. The way it made me feel - I was miserable. All the time.
I did drop a few pounds, but nothing more than I could have lost on the FMD, which I love. Bottom line, if you love the FMD, don't assume you will like this plan as well. This is hard core. You need a lot of time, a lot of willpower, an iron gut and and a lot of extra cash to pull this one off. Sorry Haylie, I really wanted to love it. :(