Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Burt's Bees Beeswax Hand Creme, 2 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Sports Collectibles

Showing 1-10 of 422 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on July 22, 2013
I buy this to use as part of my first aid kit. A family friend that has been an RN for many years suggested this to many. I burnt my hand severely. I tried putting it in a pitcher of ice water for 3 hours. Every time I lifted my hand out of the pitcher it felt like it was on FIRE. After the 3 hours I called her up to see what she recommended. She told me to put this on generously and this put a clean sock over my hand. WOW as soon as I put the sock on I got instant, and I do mean INSTANT relief. Ever since I have recommended and know several people now who use it as part of their first aid kit also.
on December 12, 2009
I love this stuff, I've been using it for years. Its the only non steroidal product that actually helps to control the hereditary eczema that I have on my hands. When I'm not using it I always have bumps and itchy skin, when I do my bumps are gone and my hands are silky soft. That said, this is probably not the cream for everyone. Some may find it greasy as it does take a little while to soak in and during that time period you cannot touch anything. The smell is also very strong, the almond smell is so strong and sweet smelling that it reminds me of cherry candy. It is a very thick cream so may be best suited for those with very dry hands or eczema problems like mine. None of the cons bother me enough to stop using it.
on June 22, 2013
I found this hand creme at Walgreen's (!) a couple of years ago, and decided I liked the natural aspect of it and would try it, as other lotions sometimes left me feeling slick or slathered and I needed a tissue to wipe off the residue on my hands. First off, the smell is heavenly - a slight almond, milky, good-for-you smell helps put you right at ease. Then you apply to your hands and...my first time, I was like: WOW. This is AWESOME. My hands actually FELT good; I mean g-o-o-d; after using this product. It seemed to melt into my hands like bread soaking up butter. My skin WANTED this stuff, I could tell. Instead of that slick feeling afterward, I could still tell something had been applied, but it was because my hands felt moisturized and not coated. The landscaper came in one day complaining his hands were so dry - got my jar out and said "give this a try". He was loving it: it went into the callouses, into his weather-roughened skin and made it feel better. He came back and asked to borrow it again. I gave him a whole jar. He now swears by the stuff and his hands are in much better shape, not as cracked and split and dry as they once were. He still looks like he works with his hands, but there's a definite difference in the quality of his skin - even I can tell without him pointing it out. For me, I have a pot in my bag, one in my office, one by my bedside, one downstairs by the TV - whenever I'm feeling uncomfortable, I just add a little of this into my palm and work over my hands and through my fingers and I instantly feel 100x better. Working with paper a lot (tellers, cashiers, office workers) can really suck the moisture from your hands: I'm telling you, you cannot beat this stuff, it's magic in a jar. I even use some on the callouses I get on my elbows occasionally, and within a few days, my skin is healed and and longer chafing. No residue, just moisture. it's "AWESOME".
on November 24, 2015
Did not smell right, I have bought this product prior and compared it to my old container. Consistency and smell are wrong. Also not 100% natural. Will not be using this and would not order again. It smells disgusting. Original purchase on the left, new purchase on the right. Different product
review image review image
on November 27, 2015
This smells so delicious, like a marzipan or almond desert. It comes of out the jar thick and rich, more the consistency of butter, although it softens some as it is warmed and is easy to apply. This Almond Milk Hand Creme is very moisturizing and able to deal with dry skin that occurs as a result of frequent hand washing, harsh winters, etc. A little goes a long way. The only downside is that it can leave your hands feeling greasy, with fingerprints on everything touched after using it. Because of this, I only use it at night, and awaken with soft, smooth hands. It is a treat to use this just before falling asleep.

For comparison, this Almond Milk Hand Creme is more deeply moisturizing than most of the other natural hand creams, such as Burt's Bees Ultimate Care Hand Cream (although this is better for daytime use, since it does not leave hands feeling quite as greasy), Collective Well-Being Hand Cream, and Desert Essence Organics Pumpkin Hand Repair Cream (the latter of which is worthwhile just because of its delicious pumpkin-spice smell!).

Also good for deep daytime moisturizing are the Gardener's Hand Creams, which are thicker and work better than those above. I've tried several of the JR Watkins Hand Creams and Hand Repair Balms by Upper Canada and find these to have superior moisturizing, with delightful scents. (yes, I've tried a lot of different hand creams/lotions, and hope my experience will save you from buying some less useful products)
on April 22, 2014
I purchased one jar and absolutely loved it. I work in health care so I'm constantly washing my hands and it's very hard for me to find a product that moisturizes well. This product does the job quite nicely. At first it's a little greasy, but soon absorbs. A little goes a long way! The smell is also wonderful. Smells exactly like Jergens original cherry almond except has way better results. I was excited to see two jars for $14 considering I paid $10 for one at a local store. These two jars won't go to waste. Complete happiness!
on May 3, 2016
Very pleased with this hand cream! Takes care of dryness and cracks. My only complaint is that its a little greasy on my skin. But, that might just be due to my skin type; I don't think it's a defect of the product by any means. I love the light, sweet smell of almond this offers. I would definitely recommend to others!
on August 26, 2015
I was looking for a hand cream that would condition my hands but not have that greasy feel so I can continue on the computer and working without leaving grease marks.
This was not that product. Hands felt greasy. And the smell is odd. Probably won't buy again. Amazon service/delivery was excellent.
on January 3, 2016
This is an excellent product that I have been using for 3-4 years now. I am writing this review to get the attention of the manufacturer or most likely the supplier. The last two units that I bought in Nov. 2015 were rancid. My best guess is that the oil in the hand cream had gone very bad. Amazon took them back with their usual no-hassle process, Thank-You. I have two more on the way and I hope for better results. 1/3/16.
on January 5, 2016
I had high hopes for this cream. However, I do not think that it helps much.It is a little greasy, but absorbs fairly easily. The feeling of moisturization does not last very long at all. So overall, disappointed.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.