Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 30, 2015
Like many who bothered to write a review, I love this creme. Why does it work to prevent eczema when nothing else does? It contains no alcohols at all, or synthetic scents. Other products, even "natural" creams, even several other Burt's Bees hand cremes, have either lanolin or alcohols --ceteryl, sterol, etc., in them. Alcohols or witch hazel trigger my eczema . I have also tried Burt's Bees almond hand creme, but I find it more difficult to rub in; just a very thick, stiff consistency. This banana cream is smooth and, well, creamy. Yes, it smudges my eye glasses, but this is a small price to pay. I haven't had it rub off on my clothes at all, or my sheets. [I also use it on my feet sometimes.] I rarely have to use steroid creams on my hands now, which is good, because they thin the skin and set me up for more eczema. My spouse initially did not like the strong banana smell of this hand cream at night, but he has gotten used to it. I order the two-pack on Amazon because it is a good value and this cream is hard to find locally now. Two jars gets me through a month; I really slather it on and use frequently during the day. I carry a small amount in a little tin in my purse for running around. In the winter I keep a jar in my car. Doesn't freeze. I feel this product is worth the expense because if my skin cracks open on my hands, I can get a staph infection, as I have had life-threatening cellulitis. And I get compliments on my hands, which, at age 67, I really appreciate.
on October 1, 2016
This has a lovely light fragrance that almost entirely disappears not long after application. It does not seem to conflict with my perfume fragrance which is a great plus! I use it on my hands, forearms and even on my toes to keep them soft and hydrated. A little goes a long way!
on February 8, 2017
Wow this stuff is amazing. Why didn't I discover it earlier? Every winter, no matter how much lotion I use, the backs of my hands get dry patches and nothing seems to help. I'm so fed up that I try new things every winter and I think this Burt's Bees hand cream is finally it! I used it last night and today the backs of my hands feel so soft and smooth. The only thing I don't like is how it feels on the palms of my hands. The smell is amazing as well.
0Comment|Report abuse
This is a very nice product. It does soften your hands. I find it heavy so I use it sparingly during the day. I take a small amount and rub it into my cuticles first. The heat from my hands starts to "liquify" the cream and then I rub it all over my hands until it's absorbed. It's not the fastest absorbing hand cream so be patient and don't use too much. If I use it at night before going to bed I'm a little more liberal with the amount I apply. It does have an almond scent but not a "sweet" almond fragrance. If you don't over apply a 2 oz. jar will last long enough to justify the price.
4 helpful votes
on September 20, 2017
I bought this because my skin gets dry in the winter. It ended up being overkill for my though. It's more like chapstick for the hands. Would be better for someone that works outside in the cold weather with no gloves, or just to sooth a working man's hands
on March 20, 2017
I live in Colorado and have struggled during the cold months to keep cracks from appearing on my fingers. I have used Burt's Bees hand cream for the last few years and as long as you apply it a couple times a day, you not see those painful cracks in your fingers.
on July 27, 2017
This stuff *is* a little thick and almost oily, you only need to use a very small amount to get the full benefit. My skin is very dry, and my hands especially tend to crack and bleed, but this stuff is a life saver. Works wonders for me.
on August 10, 2016
**I paid full price for this item, no reviewer's discount**

This hand cream is so nice!! It has sort of a waxy texture right out of the jar (especially if the weather is cold), but rubs in really nicely. The smell is super-almondy, sort of like marzipan or something, and it took me awhile to get used to the scent but now I love it. I use it on my hands which get really dry especially in the winter, I always have to use Eucerene but don't like the icky chemical ingredients...so we shall see how it works this winter!!

Also nice, it doesn't sting your hands if you have a small cut or anything. My latest favorite find on Amazon :)
on November 3, 2017
My coworker keeps one of these at her desk and every time she opened it, I wanted some. The smell is amazing. Really great for all body moisture, a little goes a long way. I mostly use it on hands, arms and feet.
on April 7, 2015
The effect this "creme" has on my hands, is unmistakable, but it is greasy. It takes a while for it to absorb into my skin. If your room temp is cooler, this product is more like a balm than a creme. It also has a different smell, it's not just the smell of almond. The honey smell from the beeswax comes through, as well as the "fragrance" they add, and the grapefruit extract. So if you are expecting the soothing smell of almond, be forewarned, the scent it has is a little more energizing. It's a nice smell, just not what I was expecting. And a little goes a very long way. Good for scratchy elbows too.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.