Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 1, 2015
I was a fan of Dr Smiths diaper cream for my first 4 children...THEN number 5 was born with skin so sensitive that EVERYTHING seems to irritate it(Vaseline makes this kid break out in bleeding blisters). So no more Dr Smith, but shes still a baby, she still gets diaper rash on occasion, now what? I was using coconut oil, but it didnt heal overly well, but it was something...and made me feel like I was doing SOMETHING for her instead of watching her suffer. We had tried prescription creams, they were too harsh and were often petroleum based and made her bleed, nothing worked.

I decided to give this a try, hoping it wouldnt make her rashes worse like the Dr Smiths did(imagine applying a healing cream only to make the rash 10x worse-awful feeling for mom). I was cautiously optimistic.

IT WORKS and the babies love it!!! When using Dr Smiths, my kiddos would squirm, I always assumed it was just because I was touching and rubbing a sore spot, cream or no. HOWEVER, I have now determined this to be incorrect, when using the Burts Bees diaper cream, they go still and seem to experience relief immediately...omg, what a difference!!! Not only do they experience immediate relief, the rash disappears so fast(often by the time of the next diaper change), rashes that would take 1-3days to heal with other creams were gone in a few hours!!!

It also works for my ultra sensitive skin girl, so we have switched from a 13yr loyalty to Dr Smiths and now only use burts bees diaper ointment, I would never go back to any other product!!! I use it for the 1 and 2yr olds in diapers and the 3yr old who wears pullups at night and is an occasional yeast rash sufferer.

Edit: We had a bbq this week and a flare up caused blistering burns all over my husbands face and arms. The ER was concerned with discoloration, I told him not to worry, I applied this cream to his face, neck, and arms each night and within 3days there was no more fear of discoloration, his burns were healing nicely and his face was not discolored(and it healed much faster than the 2-4wks the doctor stated).
on October 8, 2015
I was recommended this Burt's Bee cream by a friend. I was feel discouraged because my daughter was sick and it seem no matter how fast I changed her diaper her bum was becoming raw and red with small openings in the skin. I tried every diaper cream under the sun and all she did was scream every time it was reapplied. I was given a mostly used tube of this Burt's Bees my friend swore by it. The first thing I noticed is the cream had some kinda of soothing affect. My daughter stopped screaming when I put it over the damaged skin. Within 12 hours of use the cream the skin looked like it was healing! It provided an excellent barrier that was present even when the diaper was removed to be changed. I was impressed that a small amount went a very long way. I could not live without this when my girls were in diapers, now it it my go to baby shower gift. Also, Amazon provided it a great price!
on July 28, 2015
This review is for overnight use only. I have never used this product to treat a diaper rash.

I don't change my baby's diaper for about 11 hours since she sleeps through the night now which is great for me, but not for her bum. She developed a horrible diaper rash and she would just scream every time I changed her diaper because the creams I used specifically for diaper rashes were too harsh on her rash. Someone told me about coconut oil and I used it to treat her rash and it worked! Now I just had to find a product to prevent it from coming back. I decided to try Burt's Bees after reading some reviews and I blown away by how well it worked. It is a thick white cream that sticks really well to her bum and provides the best barrier for pee or poop -- it doesn't stick to her skin. The other diaper creams seem to rub off once you put on the diaper and she moves around a bit. Ever since I started using this cream she has not had a single diaper rash.
on October 17, 2015
The scent of this ointment is great, better than the one from The Honest company which is the one I used before for my little one. However the consistency of it is just very hard and sticky which if you are not careful you will end up putting a lot more than you need for your baby, compared to the one from Honest it is like 10 times more sticky, but in a way you could get away by using less so it may save you a few bucks in the long run.
4 people found this helpful
on March 16, 2018
I have not tried the new formula so can not compare.

The ointment is very thick and sticks to skin well. We squeeze a tiny bit out and apply it with a q-tip to minimize mess. It is very consentrated.

Great ingredients I am comfortable putting on my little one. No strong smell.

Works like a hot damn. Goodbye redness ASAP. She actually asks for it to be applied when she’s uncomfortable.

We tried a few other kinds (wasted money) and now only use this brand for rashes and redness.
on April 23, 2015
Before I say how much I like this product or how great it is, I would like to point out that my son does not have sensitive skin, but on days that he has too many bowel movement, his little butt does get red. I've tried several other products before and didn't like them for reasons such as strong fragrance, texture (too runny/watery), or that they didn't help with redness when it did occur, etc. My son is now 14 months old and we are on our 4th tube of Burt's Bee diaper ointment, at one point I've switched to their newer 2 in 1 but then switched back because I didn't think it was better than this one and it didn't help clear the redness. The texture of this ointment is thick and creamy, smells is very light and natural, and clears up any redness quickly.
on February 17, 2014
This stuff is awesome! This is about the only product that my son doesn't not go crazy from me putting on him. He has no fear from the bright yellow container because it doesn't burn his skin!! After trying so many alternatives and having my son cry and cry from the burning I knew we had to try something different. This ointment is wonderful at clearing up most rashes and keeping him rash free. We have had a few severe rashes caused by reactions to antibiotics and then this ointment needed a bit of help. We ended up putting this on first then a thin layer of balmex and that does the trick. Putting this ointment on first keep the skin from burning as this ointment actually stays on the skin rather then transferring to the diaper. The tubes is a bit hard to get the last bits from but I don't care because it's that good. There is a specific smell to it too but that doesn't both me either.
2 people found this helpful
on March 10, 2014
I have four children and this is the best diaper ointment I have ever used. I have tried just about every brand out there. I hesitated on this at first because it seemed expensive for such a little tube. The thing is: a little goes a long way! It is very thick, so a little spreads a lot. We like the fragrance. It smells like the essential oils in it. It has a higher concentration of zinc oxide than other brands, which makes it better. Zinc oxide is a natural anti-microbial, anti-fungal agent. I have seen Burt's Bees clear up the beginnings of a yeast infection on my baby's skin, and many other kinds of rash. It clears them up within hours. Even my three year old requests a little "bottom cream" when his bum gets itchy. It has really worked wonders for us. I wish I had known about this with my first baby. I don't use anything else now!
on February 22, 2014
Never used another diaper cream after trying this. This took care of the worst of the worst rashes overnight. Never stung or hurt even with open skin. It stays on very well! Smells slightly medicated, but not bad. It may seem a little pricey, but you only need a tiny bit and only have to apply it once or twice per rash to take care of the problem. I only ever used 2 tubes for the 2 years that my daughter was in diapers, so it is WELL WORTH the money!
15 people found this helpful
on February 10, 2015
this diaper paste has been great for us. my son is pretty rashy and i wanted to find a natural diaper paste that actually worked. we usually cloth diaper but when we can't, we use this and it really helps with keeping him un-rashy. even though some people have said it's ok, this really does NOT work with cloth diapers (it's fine if you use a liner). We use the more vaseline like burts bees all the time with his cloth and it works great.

the only thing i don't like about this paste, is depending on the tube it's sometimes really hard to get out of the tube - super thick! but besides that, we love it!