Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Carters PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on February 8, 2017
Little smaller size then I thought it would be. Nice product. See soda can for size reference.
review imagereview imagereview image
67 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 8, 2017
GENERAL INFORMATION

Just at first glance, the packaging was really lovely and all, but the lotion was much smaller than I had envisioned. That’s okay though because the sizes are clearly stated in the description and I just wanted to get this kit to sample some of their hand care products to come up with a new routine because the weather is changing and my hands are really suffering for it.

The ingredients lists seem pretty good. They do list fragrance, but add a note that it’s “natural” fragrance. Who really knows what “natural” means to companies now-a-days, but the smells do actually seem pretty natural and not synthetic or toxic. I have asthma and I’m really sensitive to perfumes and I don’t react to this stuff at all, so I’m assuming your skin is fine with it too.

LEMON BUTTER CUTICLE CREAM

As expected, this has a clear lemon scent. However, it’s less of a “cream” and more of a wax. It melts nicely when you touch it though, so it becomes more of an oil upon application. Not as thick as I’m used to with cuticle care, but it seems to do a decent job. Now, my cuticles got it really rough; they’re legitimately falling apart. I have suffered with obsessive nail biting my whole life. I applied this to my cuticles and nails every day as I forced myself to quit biting, so the end result of this trial for me is the result of my nails healing because they’re no longer being tortured every day combined with the moisturization and protection provided by this product, and this seemed to serve its purpose pretty well.

ALMOND & MILK HAND CREAM

Unlike the cuticle cream, this actually is a cream - a very thick cream. Despite its thickness, it spreads really nicely on my skin. The feel is really nice and not what I expected of such a thick product. My hands were dry and itchy from the weather change and this stuff worked pretty well to heal them. It smells of almonds (no surprise) and lots of cinnamon? One of those rich fall kinda smells, which I’m not personally crazy about, but others are. Regardless of my personal preferences, it’s not unbearable or too strong.

SHEA BUTTER HAND REPAIR CREAM

This stuff has a really earthy kind of smell, most of which probably comes from the sesame oil in it. It’s not exactly pleasant but not unbearable or super strong. Thicker than standard hand lotion, but thinner than cream. This one spreads nicely, as well. I also used this one every day on my dry hands.

COTTON GLOVES

The cotton gloves seemed maybe a little unnecessary? They did help keep some of the moisture in but maybe a better material should be used because cotton is also very drying. I’m no expert though, so this is purely based on how I felt personally. But it’s a nice little bonus regardless, I guess. Directions say to apply hand cream to clean hands and wear them overnight, but I wore these in the morning at work because I don’t like to have overly warm hands at night. I have pretty small hands (ring size 5) and the gloves were very form-fitting. They definitely seem like they could fit bigger hands but they might just be uncomfortable. The finger spaces were very long, but I was able to pull them down and still do things mostly normally (I’m typing this with them on right now). Downside is you can’t use your phone while wearing them… but that should be expected lol. I would definitely wash them after each use.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on March 14, 2017
This product is absolutely amazing. I love everything about it. the healing cream and the gloves gives your day a soft feelings and it would be so noticeable when someone touches or shakes my hand. the gloves does not seem like something that will last forever haven't broken thus far TBH. The cream is not vegan and has milk, which is something I didn't notice myself until after I used it. I saw the picture of the cow, but did not really thing about it. It is not tested on animals though
on February 28, 2016
I purchased the Burt's Bees Hand Repair Kit on February 23, 2016.
The items I received were in as shown in the (current as of the date of this review) photo, a sturdy and pretty drawstring bag containing:
1. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme - 0.60oz/17g,
2. Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme - 2oz/57g, (this is a full size jar)
3. Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme - 0.49oz/14g, and
4. 1 pair Cotton Gloves.

I did not receive an instruction booklet or the Burt's Bees Beeswax & Banana Hand Crème as I had expected and was the whole reason I ordered this kit. I already have and am a huge fan of Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme. Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme is very thick and rich and it smells amazing, I was just hoping for something to trade off with.
I am very sensitive to 99.9% of soaps available, and the use of many feels like I am being eaten alive. With extremely frequent handwashing in addition to dish soap my hands are regularly so dry, red and irritated that the skin in between my fingers becomes very raw and along with the backs of my hands and knuckles are so dry I have multiples of mini micro cracks similar to paper cuts that take several days to heal and my hands have a rough jagged leathery feel along with ridges and snags on the sides.
Use of regular lotion didn't help and was actually painful. I tried petroleum jelly in combination with lotions, without results, I switch to a version of lotion from Bath and Body Works that worked as long as I used it after every handwashing and even began using coconut oil which seemed to solve the problem before we moved to the desert but now if not enough because the desert climate is extremely dry and the city uses well water which is also very drying and my hands have gotten progressively worse. Until I found Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme and have seen a big improvement. I received my order for the Burt's Bees Hand Repair Kit on February 27, 2016, and immediately tried some of the Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme on one finger to test it out. I applied some of the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme to the back side of the hand most in need of repair and then added some Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme from my jar I already had, then put on the gloves and took a nap for 4 hours. and Oh, My... Gawd.
(A). The Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme is noticeably lemony to the point I would want to eat it if I could, but the small very tiny amount I put on the 1 finger made a noticeable difference. Epically huge...
(B). As for the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme, not a fan of the scent at all. it's sharp and reminds me of something on the tip of my tongue but I can't place it and don't like it. BUT... It's creamy, not greasy, and soaks in FAST.
(C). As I have already said I am a fan of Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, as it has an almond scent with a hint of cherry blossom, it is thick and creamy, but can have a lingering greasy feel if you apply to dry hands instead of wet hands and if you use more than a dab. But it lasts on my hands through repeated hand washings. so I was already in love.
(D). I am not sure if it was the combination of the Burt's Bees Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme and the Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme at the same time in combination with the Cotton Gloves but the change in just a few hours is indescribable in the improvement level. I WILL BE getting MORE.... !!! I will see if I can try and update later to add photos
7 people found this helpful
on March 31, 2017
I love Burt's Bees products. They really work and are not filled with synthetics. My hands were very dry and painful from the winter. After two nights of using this, my hands were soft again and felt great. Look no further if you are suffering from dry, cracked, painful hands... this heal them. I keep it in my nightstand so it;s always there.
8 people found this helpful
on March 2, 2016
The Burt's Bees Hand Repair gift set is great! I purchased this set for myself because I have incredibly dry hands; they crack in the winter and are very rough and dry all year round. First, the Almond and Milk hand cream smells amazing. The lotion is thick and creamy but not greasy. It soaks into your skin and leaves them so soft and doesn't leave any type of residue. The Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream has a nice tart smell to it, I use it on my finger tips, because they're the most dry part of my hands and the Almond & Milk one on my palms. I then put the gloves on and sleep with them on. By morning my hands are as soft as silk! I rub the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream into my cuticles a couple of times thru out the day and I think my nails are growing in stronger and thicker because of this. When I run out I will be buying more. I can't rave enough about this set! If you're on the fence about this product, try it out. You won't regret it!
17 people found this helpful
on January 25, 2017
I love Burts Bees products so decided to try this for my severely dry hands. I love every product in this set! The one tube of cream does have a weird smell but I use it sparingly then apply the almond milk cream (in the little jar) over the top of it and the smell is gone. This cream is a bit greasy when you apply it but absorbs completely in just a few minutes. That's what your hands need so be patient, let it soak in and your hands will be so soft and smooth!!! My hands haven't felt this good in many years. As a busy mom of 12, I wash my hands all day and that takes its toll on my skin. Burts Bees to the rescue!! Where have you been all these years! I've already ordered another set to give to a friend and I'll order more when I use up all this wonderful cream!
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
I have a baby at home so I am constantly washing my hands, which leads to dry and cracked cuticles. I decided to try Burt's Bees hand repair cream to help with this issue and it has really helped! I love how the set comes with gloves because I can lather up my hands with a very generous amount of hand cream, which smells amazing by the way, and then allow it to soak overnight. The gloves are also not irritating to wear because they are not thick. I do not notice them during the night. No more cracked cuticles for me!
10 people found this helpful
on July 5, 2017
I paid $12.68 for this product. I thought that it was a reasonable price for what you get. I think the cuticle cream smells good as well as the almond and milk hand cream. The only thing that doesn't smell good is the shea butter repair cream. So I would advice starting with that and ending with the better smelling products. It was a little self care gift for myself and I'm happy with it.
review image
4 people found this helpful
on January 11, 2013
I am in LOVE with my Burt's Bees Hand repair Kit! I'm usually pretty hard on my hands, but have relied on easy DIY methods to keep them smooth and moisturized (olive oil and sea salt, primarily).This winter, however, my hands and cuticles have been exceptionally dry and fussy, my usual hand remedies have been failing me. I found this kit and decided to give it a whirl, and already I am noticing a difference!

My cuticles, previously dry and easily tearing into hangnails are now soft and supple after just a few day's use, and my dry, chapped hands and knuckles are already retaining more moisture and are not cracking. There are still a few spots where it's healing, so I am thankful that the formulas do not irritate my broken skin, which tends to lean to the obnoxiously sensitive side anyways. The only item I've found that works equally as well (or even better) is Working Hands, but while it heals, it also makes me slightly itchy. I haven't had that issue thus far with the Burt's Bees kit.

Oh, and did I mention everything smells exquisite? Just strong enough for me to notice, the cuticle balm in particular has a refreshing, energetic citrus scent to it. It's a good price for a great product - comparable to Walmart, but with the added convenience of Prime.

Thanks, Burt!