Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 344 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 453 reviews
on April 22, 2017
I was looking for an alternative to O'Keefe's Working Hands, so I figured I'd give this a shot. I have fairly dry hands year-round, and am always looking for an alternative to keeping lotion with me all day. I've been using this Burt's Bees product for the last 6 months or so, on and off.

Two major problems. One, the texture on my hands - it's pretty gross. I don't know if 'greasy' quite represents my feeling on this, I'd call it more 'oily'. In any case I put it on my hands before bed, and it feels like everything I touch is going to stick to my hands like wearing glue.

The second is the smell. It's really intense, and my nose strongly dislikes it. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, something eucalyptus-y and medicinal?

That said, it does help moisturize, but not nearly as well as O'Keefe's Working Hands does. I don't recommend this.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 21, 2011
I'm a guy, with my hands rough, scraggly, and bleeding from hot water and strong dish soap, hand sanitizer, and six months of wintry dry air and washing baby bottles. Tried several of my wife's skin creams to no real effect.

Last night I ripped open the box from Amazon and applied this not-very-greasy mixture to my sorry skin three times. This morning my hands are very very close to fully healed. Not as soft as my baby's bottom, but soft enough to not snag my tee shirt when I put it on. Stuff smells pretty good to me, too. Mild Eucalyptus like the steam room at the gym - no girly girl aroma on these manly paws.

The container is the size of a large shoe polish can. Easy to stow in a drawer or even a jeans pocket. They label this stuff "a farmer's friend." Now it's my friend, too.

Thank you, Burt, whoever you are.
11 comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2016
Love this stuff! I'd never tried it until I purchased this one and it's amazing. I put it on my hands and feet once I'm ready for bed and leave it on all night. By morning it's soaked in and my skin is soft. I make a special point to massage my cuticles and nails and it has helped greatly with dry cuticles I was having on both my hands and feet. Highly recommend this especially if it's going to be as cold as they say this winter.
on November 16, 2016
IF you work outside or around materials that can dry your hands out, this is for you. My hands crack and split around the nails a great deal. I bought this and use it each night and no roughness or cracking or splitting of my fingers. Will never be without this again.
on February 13, 2017
I feel more human than lizard!!! It's amazing. I don't mind the herbal scent, but if it were mint or unscented it would be 5 stars for me. Either way, it's so nice to feel like I have skin like a real human being. Every winter I become a dragon lady no matter how much lotion I use. This is the first moisturizer to make a dent in the issue.
on November 3, 2016
I bought this for my wife and it has been working great. Her hands get really dry and start to crack in the winter, but we have noticed a significant improvement in the past couple of weeks as she has used it.
on November 1, 2015
I absolutely love this for my hands and elbows. I have a minor degree of eczema on my hands and this manages it well. I've used other hand lotions and ointments in the past but there was always something that I didn't like about them. Either it was the overwhelming smell, inconvenient container, or just didn't keep it moisturized for long enough. After a month of use, my hands are looking and feeling so much better. It's made more progress on my hands in 1 month than all the other lotions did in 6 months. AND this hand salve doesn't have any crazy artificial chemicals that look like a gable of letters to me.

It is much less expensive to get it here on Amazon than at Whole Foods (where I first saw it and got to sample it). I love the tin container that it comes in. Easy to bring around in my backpack and easy to open. I absolutely love the Eucalyptus and Lavender smell from the natural oils that doesn't smell like fake scents like in other lotions. Yes, it does feel oily/greasy the first few times you use it but once your skin adjusts to it, it absorbs so quickly and you can go about your business.
on December 15, 2016
I received a sample of this stuff in a gift basket. WOW! If you have dry cracked skin anywhere on your body, this stuff will fix it! I mainly use it on my elbows and heels as my skin gets VERY dry and cracked to the point that it snags on the sheets. But I throw on a little Burt's Bees Hand Salve, and those areas are suddenly baby bottom smooth! It does have a fairly strong eucalyptus scent, which I happen to love, but if you are sensitive to odors or are not a fan of eucalyptus, this might not be the product for you.
on January 23, 2016
My seriously chapped, winter-dry hands were VASTLY improved with only one treatment!
If only all products worked this well !
on April 15, 2017
I have to use handsanitizer and wash my hand a lot. So they get very dry and this works realty well to keep them from cracking and hurting.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.