Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 344 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 453 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 21, 2011
I'm a guy, with my hands rough, scraggly, and bleeding from hot water and strong dish soap, hand sanitizer, and six months of wintry dry air and washing baby bottles. Tried several of my wife's skin creams to no real effect.

Last night I ripped open the box from Amazon and applied this not-very-greasy mixture to my sorry skin three times. This morning my hands are very very close to fully healed. Not as soft as my baby's bottom, but soft enough to not snag my tee shirt when I put it on. Stuff smells pretty good to me, too. Mild Eucalyptus like the steam room at the gym - no girly girl aroma on these manly paws.

The container is the size of a large shoe polish can. Easy to stow in a drawer or even a jeans pocket. They label this stuff "a farmer's friend." Now it's my friend, too.

Thank you, Burt, whoever you are.
11 comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2016
Love this stuff! I'd never tried it until I purchased this one and it's amazing. I put it on my hands and feet once I'm ready for bed and leave it on all night. By morning it's soaked in and my skin is soft. I make a special point to massage my cuticles and nails and it has helped greatly with dry cuticles I was having on both my hands and feet. Highly recommend this especially if it's going to be as cold as they say this winter.
on November 16, 2016
IF you work outside or around materials that can dry your hands out, this is for you. My hands crack and split around the nails a great deal. I bought this and use it each night and no roughness or cracking or splitting of my fingers. Will never be without this again.
on April 22, 2017
I was looking for an alternative to O'Keefe's Working Hands, so I figured I'd give this a shot. I have fairly dry hands year-round, and am always looking for an alternative to keeping lotion with me all day. I've been using this Burt's Bees product for the last 6 months or so, on and off.

Two major problems. One, the texture on my hands - it's pretty gross. I don't know if 'greasy' quite represents my feeling on this, I'd call it more 'oily'. In any case I put it on my hands before bed, and it feels like everything I touch is going to stick to my hands like wearing glue.

The second is the smell. It's really intense, and my nose strongly dislikes it. I'm not sure exactly how to describe it, something eucalyptus-y and medicinal?

That said, it does help moisturize, but not nearly as well as O'Keefe's Working Hands does. I don't recommend this.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2016
I bought this for my wife and it has been working great. Her hands get really dry and start to crack in the winter, but we have noticed a significant improvement in the past couple of weeks as she has used it.
on February 13, 2017
I feel more human than lizard!!! It's amazing. I don't mind the herbal scent, but if it were mint or unscented it would be 5 stars for me. Either way, it's so nice to feel like I have skin like a real human being. Every winter I become a dragon lady no matter how much lotion I use. This is the first moisturizer to make a dent in the issue.
on January 6, 2016
My husband uses this to condition his beard daily and it has a nice scent. I've also used it on my hair to keep flyaways to a minimum and it works well in its intended use as a hand salve as well. Overall, great product with multiple applications.
on January 23, 2016
My seriously chapped, winter-dry hands were VASTLY improved with only one treatment!
If only all products worked this well !
on October 30, 2015
I keep Burt's Bees Hand Salve in my bathroom, the den where I watch TV, the kitchen and the downstairs where I exercise. I use it many, many times a day. Because it is a bit greasy, just wipe the palms of your hands off. Your nails, cuticles and hands will winter better with this product. Every night I put it on my feet. I love the smell too.
on January 2, 2016
Believe it or not, I purchased this product for one of my greyhounds to use on his pads. There is a peculiar condition that is seemingly specific to hounds in which their pads become cracked and form painful calluses. I read on social media that this product would relieve this condition and I find it very effective if used regularly. As for would it work on YOUR skin? I would say most definitely as it works remarkably well on my dogs pads which are subjected to salt, ice, hot pavement, etc. I would highly recommend this product....

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.