Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Workplace Solutions Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it  Kansas Fire TV Stick New Professional Skin Care Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Emmys GNO Shop Now STEM

• Customer Reviews

on March 27, 2016
I wanted to love these but it my belly continues to give me horrible stretch marks. I used Bio-Oil first from 5 months to 7 months and it didn't prevent me from getting stretch marks. I decided to try this belly butter, but still, didn't work and stretch marks continue to climb my belly upwards. I love how moisturizing it is though. My mom had horrible stretch marks so I guess I really can't fight the genes!
review image
on May 6, 2013
I began using the Mama Bee Belly Butter at about week 10 of my pregnancy, and applied it every other day or so to my belly, hips, and breasts. At about week 28 or so, I fell out of the habit of putting it on regularly. Just a week later, I noticed two tiny stretch marks on both hips - almost exactly at the line where I had stopped applying the lotion before. I also noticed very faint beginnings of stretch marks on my breasts. Kicking myself for not being more diligent with applying the lotion, I immediately started back up with applying it every night and after showers. Also made sure to thoroughly cover my hips, upper thighs, etc. where I hadn't been putting it before. About a week and a half after this, the two little stretch marks on each hip are fading away (no longer reddish/purple) with no signs of scarring!! The slight marks on my breasts also seem to be less noticeable. I'm at 32 weeks now with an impressive basketball of a belly for this stage and have seen no other signs of impending stretch marks. I have to say, I'm chalking it up to the Belly Butter! Genetics are of course the biggest factor in stretch marks, but the healing I've noticed to the areas that started getting marks after applying the lotion is pretty remarkable in my opinion. So because of this, and all the other nice things about the Belly Butter (light, not greasy, fast absorption, very light scent) makes this a total winner of a product in my book. I would absolutely recommend it to other expecting mommies and hope it would have the same effect for them too!
0Comment| 223 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on August 31, 2016
I feel like I can offer something here that may help a lot of mamas out. I am a mom and pregnant with my second child. I am 37 years old and every woman in my family has gotten stretch marks on their tummy, but me. I am 5' 2" and went from 120 lbs to 215 lbs at my last check in with my first child. I am a licensed esthetician, worked as a medical esthetican for 6 years and on my own for several years. I am a life long student of botanicals and herbs and probably will be the rest of my life. So, I would like to address genetics and then this product. Your genetics will play a role in whether it will be harder for you combat stretch marks, but it doesn't mean it is definitive for you. It depends on a lot more than just genes and whatever your issues are genetically combat those extra hard. Stretching skin without tearing is old science. Midwives back in the day would use boiling water during labor not only for sterilization purposes, but also to help the skin stretch so that it doesn't tear. They also used heated oils if they were available. A stretch mark is a tear in the tissue and what we have control over is lots of moisture. So, what helps keep the skin moist??? Water inside and out, so drink your water. After a bath or shower apply something heavy to keep the moisture in your skin, think treating dry feet, but please don't use foot products on your belly. Keep the sun off your tummy. There may be health benefits to the sun on your tummy while pregnant, but I would not recommend it if your concerned about stretch marks. The sun will affect it by drying out the skin and there are other issues as well. Designating an old shirt at night that you can get greasy before bed is what I did with my first, but I did not use this belly butter. I used Burt's Bees Belly BALM, which apparently is discontinued. So now for the review on this product. I did not realize that when I ordered this belly butter that it wasn't the balm. So I called a friend and asked to try hers before I opened it. I put it on after my bath tonight and I am disappointed. I love shea butter and think it is great ingredient for skin and even like the idea of it for stretch marks. However, I think the balm formula makes more sense for stretch mark prevention. Some of this is personal preference. I personally feel that there are benefits to botanicals that we don't always understand why they do what they do, chemical products are simple minded which have their benefits (less allergic reactions comes to mind and more shelf stable), but they miss what nature has to offer. For example beeswax comes to mind. Beeswax was in the balm formula which has the benefit of sealing in the moisture and it lingers on the skin, which means lasting moisture. I could go on and on about the benefits to the honey bees and their benefits to the skin, but to keep it simple will move on. It is also ideal to have some kind of oil that is listed as a carrier oil. Carrier oils penetrate the skin better. This product has some coconut oil in it, which is good, but it isn't at the top of my list to mix with shea butter. Both are thick and are solid at room temperature, which means they don't go as deep as other oils. If I were to use this product, I would mix it with a better carrier oil. One review mentioned great results with mixing olive oil into the product. It makes a lot of sense why that would help. But if I am going to be mixing my own product, I might as well mix it from scratch and cut out the synthetic crap that is in this product that I really don't like and get the added benefit of minerals and vitamins to nourish my skin. I wish I had something to recommend. If I find something great that is a great price I will update this review with a recommendation.
on December 24, 2014
This stuff is pretty awesome. I am only 6 months pregnant but so far, no stretch marks. What I have noticed is how ridiculously soft and smooth my skin feels. I almost want to just cover my bed in plastic wrap and roll around in this stuff.
on June 24, 2014
After reading many reviews about other more expensive products, I decided to purchase Mama Bee Belly Butter. I started using this along with olive oil on my stomach twice a day every day until delivery, and I HAD NO STRETCH MARKS! I don't know if this will work well for others but it did great for me.
11 comment| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2014
I have been using this through out my pregnancy. I am now 9 months pregnant and have gained 30 pounds, mostly in my belly. I don't have 1 stretch mark!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 11, 2015
I think this is an excellent belly butter even for women who are not expecting. I am very happy with this product. I am not expecting a baby but did read good reviews at Amazon about Mama Bee Belly Butter so I decided to purchase 6 of those for a long trial period. It has been more than a 45 days of every night application on my full belly area, breast and thighs.

I have experienced a better skin complex, softer, smoother, tighter and firmer as well. This belly butter goes well for almost every part of the body, it has a natural smell that you will not have any trouble with it. It is a heavy density (consistency) white cream and very easy to apply. It will no leave any residue as it is very well absorbed by your skin. It does contains cocoa, shea and jojoba butters that have an strong synergy that truly works in your skin.

This belly butter do really work and I do consider it as highly recommended for anyone, not only women but men can also take advantage of this great product.

UPDATE: My husband has some stretch marks in his underarms and accepted to apply Mama Bee Belly Butter for several days to test my theory that it will do well for men too. In about 5 days of use, my husband has experienced an impressive change on his stretch marks appearance as the color of the skin in that area has diminished and got into a lighter skin tone so his stretch marks are less noticeable and the size of the stretch mark has also reduced dramatically. I guess that some people have a greater recovery than others but all of them do need some supportive process, like using this cream periodically, in order to gradually recover from certain skin injuries like stretch marks. Anyway, all I can assure is that my husband's underarms stretch marks are gradually diminishing, the skin of that area has become firmer and tighter and he is very happy and more confident by the new appearance of his skin in that area.

Again, I can confirm that Mama Bee Belly Butter gives a higher results than expected.
on February 25, 2016
I LOVE this belly butter. I'm applying it to my belly, hips, and breasts every other night and it makes my skin feel so soft and moisturized. I love that it is unscented, and that it comes in a jar instead of a tube or bottle. I will probably continue buying this after my pregnancy as my go to body butter.
on April 18, 2014
I used this my whole pregnancy and only got one stretch mark. It really help with the itching from my stretching skin also.
on April 20, 2015
Wonderful product for itchy, stretching pregnant bellies. I couldn't stand the smell of any other lotion while I was pregnant. I got incredibly large while pregnant but I like to think I would have more stretch marks if it wasn't for this lotion.