Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

Wow, this stuff worked pretty fast, literally overnight.

My son has eczema which is exacerbated by heat & drool. It's especially bad on the front of his ankles where it gets a little inflamed & scabby. He also scratches at it if I don't put vaseline or oatmeal based creams on it. On his lower cheeks, chin, jaw and neck it gets pretty bad because of all the drool. Of course I do my best to keep it dry, and I put a vaseline barrier as often as I can, but it's often pretty red and splotchy. Especially when the heat & humidity hit (we're in Hawai`i).

As the doctor and other moms have recommended, I use a vaseline or aquaphor barrier, and twice a day I'd apply Babyganics "Bye bye dry" eczema care cream, and if it was bad enough hydrocortisone cream/ointment or desitin. These things all worked a bit, sometimes his skin would look almost normal, but it wasn't 100%, and there were too many occurrences of rash or scabbing. More recently eczema patches have been popping up around other areas on his body, so I really felt like I wanted to try something new.

I decided to give this a try and I'm really glad I did. It came in yesterday and I applied it before bedtime after making sure I cleaned and dried all the affected areas first (particularly his face/neck because of the drool). This morning I checked him out and no kidding, his skin is clear. There's still evidence that he had something wrong with his skin, as the pigmentation is a little lighter, but all the redness & inflammation is gone, and besides a few tiny scabs on his ankles, they are also clear.

I really wish I had taken before & after photos, but it's too late for that now, and I'm not about to let his rash come back just for that purpose, so I'm hoping this review is enough to encourage other mom's out there to give it a try.
44 comments| 141 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 26, 2016
Wonderful product got rid of my babies (twins) dry & peeling skin within a few days. I recently started using it again as both my babies have eczema & its day 3 using this product and already I have noticed a difference in their skin. The only con i can say about this product is that when you first apply it its greasy & remains like that until the skin absorbs the product but i rather have my babies face/body greasy to dry, chapped & flaky skin!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
0Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Petson April 18, 2016
I get total alligator skin every winter, no matter what product I use, or how much water I drink. I accidentally ran across this stuff on Amazon (how do they know what you need before you know what you need??) and decided to give it a try. Apparently it's quite popular among moms because I couldn't find it anywhere near me...sold out.

It's says it's petroleum free, but it can be a bit greasy when you first apply it. I like that it has a mild smell...sort of like honey/beeswax, which I guess you'd expect. It's not overwhelming and probably the only reason I even smell it is because I put it on dry patches on my face.

I haven't used it on any babies, but I'd feel confident putting it on my child. It's very gentle and absorbs nicely. Others have mentioned using it for diaper rash, and I can totally see where it'd be great for that.

If you use Aquaphor but find that to be too much, give this a try. I think you'll like it.
on January 28, 2018
I bought this for my eczema-prone baby. She was breaking out pretty bad and her dry skin was painful looking.

This ointment didn’t help all that much. It has the residual consistency of Aquaphor healing ointment. But unlike Aquaphor, this stuff has a very strong smell to it. That’s not particularly great for sensitive eczema skin.

I didn’t hate this ointment but I won’t purchase it again.
This is a great alternative to Vaseline, although the scent is a bit strong and almost menthol. I'm an ICU nurse and skin care is a very important issue (skin breakdown can lead to blood infections and death of an ICU patient). I have lots of specialty creams at my disposal and have had extensive training on skin and wound care. That being said, this is my go-to ointment when my daughter's butt crack starts looking a bit pinker than it should, before a rash develops. I make sure to dry the area first, and then use just a thin swipe of this ointment. It usually clears the irritation in about a day. For everyday use I prefer CeraVe Diaper Rash Cream. It's silky smooth, easy to clean off, and it is excellent at keeping her skin in excellent condition.
The pairing of these two items have kept my baby completely rash-free.
on February 19, 2016
Being a first time mom, I wanted to get the very best for my little guy. I use a few Burt's bees products myself and always been happy with them. So it was a no brainier that all of my son's baby items would be baby bee items. I've been through 2 jars of this the past 9 months and we use it every time we changed my son's diaper. I just opens jar number 3 a few days ago. A little goes a long way with this stuff and it works wonderfully.

My poor little guy had started to get diaper rash because of a tummy bug and having not so nice poops (if you know what I mean) we kept using this and slathering on extra to prevent anymore damage and it worked so well. A few days later, no more rash, no more redness, and no more dry scaly butt! I've also used it on scratched on his nose and face and they've healed up nicely. I highly recommend this product and it's totally worth the price since a jar will last you a long time.
on September 21, 2015
The ointment seems to work well to prevent and even help rid the diaper rashes on my toddler and baby. It is really smooth at first but after about 2.5 to 3 months it becomes really grainy. I have had two separate containers bought at two separate times and try have both done it. It seems as though something crystallizes maybe. It doesn't seem to change how it works though.
It does last a long time but I do not use it every diaper change.
I will buy it again because I like that it is fairly natural.
on January 10, 2017
Smells great, goes on best when warmed up either in hot water or by rubbing in hands before applying, works best applied to completely dry warm skin immediately after bathing. Careful not to get on absorbent materials you car about, managed to get greasy finger prints on raw redwood window sil, not sure how to get out but does seem to wash out of clothing ok.
on July 10, 2016
This ointment is awesome. It works very well and is gentle on my child's skin. I really like that it comes in a jar since it makes it easier (read less messy) to apply. The only thing I want to state in this comment is that it is greasy so it can get on the baby's cloths, but I will keep buying this product and not worry about cloths too much since they can be washed and what is more important is that my child's bottom will not have diaper rash.
on February 9, 2018
I bought this thinking it was to prevent or treat diaper rash or skin breakdown. It's just a multipurpose ointment and isn't really thick enough nor does it have the medication for rash or excoriation. It is a nice moisturizer, though.