- Series: David Busch's Digital Photography Guides
- Spiral-bound: 160 pages
- Publisher: Cengage Learning PTR; 1 edition (April 13, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1133948863
- ISBN-13: 978-1133948865
- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 5.8 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (48 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #497,970 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
David Busch's Sony Alpha SLT-A77/A65 Compact Field Guide (David Busch's Digital Photography Guides) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Find Rare and Collectible Books
Discover rare, signed and first edition books on AbeBooks, an Amazon Company. Learn More on AbeBooks.com.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
1. Quick Setup Guide. 2. Sony Alpha Roadmap. 3. Setting Up Your Sony Alpha SLT. 4. Using the Flash. 5. Shooting Movies. 6. Shooting Tips.
From the Author
Just the essentials for your Sony Alpha SLT-A77/A65
When a command card doesn't provide enough information, and a small camera guide has too much padding, pull this Compact Field Guide for your Sony Alpha SLT out of your camera bag and get the advice and recommendations you need quickly.
I don't believe you can have too much of a good thing, but readers who have been using my 400-page in-depth guides (individually tailored for each camera) to master their Sony Alpha SLT cameras have asked me to distill the most essential information into a portable field guide for on-the-go reference. In the approximately 150 pages of this lay-flat, spiral-bound book, you'll find in-depth descriptions of every control, menu option, and capability of the SLT-A77 and SLT-A65. Each choice is accompanied by my recommendations and a description of when you should or should not use a particular setting. There are six no-nonsense chapters:
- Quick Setup Guide. You -- or someone you loan your SLT camera to -- can set up the key exposure, autofocus, and other settings in minutes with the step-by-step instructions in this chapter.
- Streetsmart Sony Alpha Roadmap. Can't recall what a particular button or dial does, or don't remember how to access bracketing or another feature you seldom use? This chapter has photos of every control and a description of how to use it.
- Menu Settings. Command cards and cheat sheets provide a menu listing and a recap of each of the menu options. This chapter explains how to use them, too.
- Using Flash. Reference guide to working with the Sony Alpha's internal flash, and Sony's external units.
- Shooting Movies. I've managed to squeeze in instructions on using the Alpha's advanced movie-making capabilities, along with tips on shooting better movies in the field.
- Shooting Tips. Pages and pages of tables listing settings recommendations for a variety of situations, such as stage performances, long exposures, landscapes, and portraits.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I like that this guide is smaller and spiral bound, it will be perfect to carry in the car or my purse (my large purse) so I can take it with me and use it for quick reference. The pictures that go along with the text are incredibly helpful for a visual learner like me. I find the text to be simple to understand and the explanations clear and concise.
If I have one quibble with this book it's that I wish it was dedicated only to the A77. I sometimes find the "If you have the 65 this control is the ..., it's this control on the 77." the larger book I bought is dedicated to the A77.
It goes so much further than the standard Sony manual. Great examples, great explanations.
And tons of room to put your own remarks and settings of the camera, so you can put things back to your preferences when you do a firmware upgrade for example.
Next to this book I also have the full version, which is also a must have from my point of view.
...Don't forget to make to put your remarks in this book, so it does remember for you what your preferred are !