|Item Weight||90 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||22 x 30 x 29.5 inches|
|Item model number||WC81480|
|Assembled Height||29.25 inches|
|Assembled Width||29.62 inches|
|Assembled Length||20.74 inches|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Somerset Lateral File Cabinet
- Drawers hold letter- or legal-size files
- Full-extension ball bearing slides provide easy access to documents, even those all the way at the back
- Interlocking drawer mechanism reduces likelihood of tipping
- Transitional styling includes tapered leg accents, charming Maple Cross finish and contemporary metal hardware
- Matches the height of coordinating Somerset Desks (sold separately) for an extended work surface
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Somerset Lateral File Cabinet
This simple and professional Somerset Lateral File Cabinet is designed with transitional styling and accents. If you need more surface room, in addition to file storage space, a Lateral File Cabinet will make a wonderful addition to your office or living space. Its attractive natural color gives your furniture an authentic feel and along with expanded storage capacity. The Somerset Collection provides an ideal solution for both the home office and small office.
It's all in the details.
Extend your work surface by placing the Cabinet next to a coordinating Somerset Desk. Somerset’s transitional styling includes tapered leg accents, rich wood finish and contemporary metal hardware for an alluring appearance to match your current home office decor.
Two large full-extension file drawers glide on ball bearing slides for easy access to letter and legal-sized documents, even those all the way at the back. The Bush Furniture Somerset Lateral File Cabinet provides an appealing design and functional home office filing.
Durable laminate construction features drawers with an interlocking mechanism to insure this cabinet will not be prone to tipping. The Lateral File features expanded file capacity to hold all your important papers and documents. Its clean simple style lets it fit in a variety of spaces and rooms.
|Somerset 71W L Shaped Desk||Somerset 71W Hutch||Somerset Bookcase||Somerset 60W Credenza||Somerset 60W Hutch||Somerset 60W Desk|
|Expansive 71W surface provides plenty of room for computer, phone, printer and more||Mounts on right or left side of Somerset 71W L Shaped Desk||Two fixed shelves provide stability||Pull-out shelf for keyboard or laptop concealed by drop-down drawer front||Mounts on top of right or left side of 60W L Shaped Desk or 60W Computer Credenza||Roomy and durable surface provides room to spread out|
|Pull-out keyboard or laptop tray and pedestals mount on left or right side for configuration flexibility||Closed storage areas with lift-up frosted glass doors||Three adjustable shelves for displaying items of varying sizes||Concealed compartment with fixed shelf for printer and CPU||Closed storage areas with lift-up frosted glass doors||Accepts 60W Hutch on desk top|
|Concealed storage cabinet for a computer tower or supplies, with rear wire access||Large open compartments for books, binders or decorations||Transitional styling includes tapered leg accents and charming Mocha Cherry finish||Cabinet features self-closing Euro style hinges for a soft close with rear wire access||Transitional styling with contemporary metal hardware||Box drawers store office supplies|
|File drawer glides on smooth ball bearing slides and accommodates letter-size documents||Cubby shelves for work-in-progress||Matches the height of the Somerset Desk with Hutch combination||Box drawer stores office supplies and file drawer accommodates letter-size documents||Large open compartments for books, binders or decorations||File drawers accommodate letter-size documents|
|Dimensions: 71.06W x 70.83D x 29.03H||Dimensions: 35.69H x 59.09W x 13.70D||Dimensions: 65.21H x 29.57W x 12.81D||Dimensions: 59.09"W x 13.70"D x 35.69"H||Dimensions: 59.16"W x 59.16"D x 29.15"H||Dimensions: 59.29"W x 29.54"D x 29.11"H|
The Bush Furniture Somerset Lateral File Cabinet in Maple Cross provides appealing home office filing. Two large full-extension file drawers extend on ball bearing slides for easy access to letter and legal-sized documents, even those all the way at the back. Drawers feature an interlocking mechanism so the unit is not prone to tipping. Extend your work surface by placing the Cabinet next to a coordinating Somerset Desk (sold separately). Transitional styling includes tapered leg accents, charming Maple Cross finish and contemporary metal hardware for an alluring appearance to match your current home office decor. This quality furniture comes with a 6 Year Manufacturer's Warranty and meets ANSI/SOHO test standards for safety and performance. See the full collection for coordinating items available. American made with U.S. and imported parts.
DirectionsInstruction manual included with purchase, call consumer service for assembly assistance at 800-950-4782
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Maple Cross||Maple Cross||Maple Cross||Hansen Cherry||Harvest Cherry|
|Material Type||Laminate||Wood||Wood||Manufactured Wood0||Wool & Wool Blend|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. I love the desk! Forgive the poor quality pictures (it's not a ringing endorsement of the ipad's camera) but I hope you can see how nice they look. They were much better lookin that I felt the promotion picture showed.
2. I love that they are on feet! I honestly didn't even think about it when I bought the desks but the ability to reach outlets behind the desk, sneak cords underneath to the surge protector/plug in other electronics, not cover up the heating duct has been a huge plus to this collection! The feet have 8 screws in each of them so they are extremely sturdy as well.
3. The drawers were deeper than I expected. My parents gave us a home-made file cabinet that was considerably wider than this. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to fit as much in the cabinet. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was actually able to put everything in 1 drawer that I was able to fit in about 3/4 of the bottom drawer of the old one. I also loved that they were deeper than I expected. I use the top drawer as a catch-all for office equipment and was amazed at how much I was able to pile up and put in there.
4. I like that it is the exact same height as the desk you can put it at the end as a sort of desk extender. There have been times that I have needed to work from home and have needed the extra space!
1. The wood laminate is thinner than I would have hoped. Again, all desks (even relatively expensive desks) seem to have this issue but I was hoping for more. I found that it was easily remidied by getting a furniture marker in a matching color, but I had hoped for more.
Overall, I love the cabinet and the desks!
The one big positive I can state is when I called customer service because I thought I was missing a part, the phone was answered by someone in the US, clearly speaking English and she was friendly and prompt. Turned out, I wasn't missing a part, just that the manual didn't clearly explain the drawer slides which you mount early in the process need to have the inner slide mechanism removed and set aside to later be mounted on the drawer.
It looks nice. That's the only positive I can come up with aside from the customer service.
Overall, the price is a bit high for the quality, especially considering you have to assemble this thing.
The biggest disappointment is the feet are plastic. They're the feet, you would think they could make them out of anodized aluminum or some kind of lightweight alloy. I fully envision the feet getting hit sometime in the next few years and them getting busted and there goes the cabinet's usefulness. Lots of plastic parts, way more than I care for in an item I hope lasts a long time and should be able to handle some weight. One of the brackets which attaches to the side of the drawer was malformed. It attached, but not very well, a bit loose. I can live with it.
Second big disappointment, top drawer won't close. It goes in and bounces out. Gives me more reason to worry about how long it will last. And believe me, I slowly and methodically put this together to ensure I got it right. I carefully examined all the pictures as I was assembling it. I am confident it was assembled correctly, so the drawer should close and stay closed. Bottom drawer works exactly the way it should.
As for the instructions, not too bad, although the biggest problem is the parts listing, specifically the screws. There are so many screws and some are mixed together in different bags. There are two different 1/2" screws. They each have a number assigned to them and each in different bags. But w/o part numbers on the bags or color photos of them, pretty hard to tell one 1/2" screw from another just from a black & white graphic.
Yes, I was aware this was MDF, but it still seems fairly cheap, even for MDF. As I was screwing in some of the final screws for the bracer bar that goes on the bottom of the drawer, the "wood" started splitting a bit. Yet another reason for me to worry about the longevity of this product.
For another $100, I could have had a HON delivered, no assembly necessary, and I know it will be here in 50 years. At this point, I feel cheated.