Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 2,973 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,147 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon August 15, 2016
I've purchased several red dot sights below $100 and none have been able to withstand the recoil of my AK47. Once they reach the 500 round mark all have failed, even the ones that look cool and say made by veterans. None have survived! This is the ONLY sight under $100 that has survived and maintained its accuracy. I now use it on all my rifle platforms.
Let's begin with the mirror finish on the lense that not only provide excellent light but reduce glare. The water proof gaskets inside every knob are made thick and very durable. The windage adjustments are tight enough so that you can use a dime and make your adjustments and never have to worry about the recoil to loosen them up.
It uses the CR2032 battery and I personally have had them go much longer than a year before having to replace them. Just don't use cheap batteries, purchase a reputable brand and you will never find yourself in the woods with your red dot dead.
After testing this sight on my AK47 and shooting a few thousand rounds, I have never had to make any adjustments to them. They are made extremely well and durable. Not to mention they won't fog up in adverse weather nor will they rust, the coating on these is very good.
If you find my review to be of help, please click the "helpful" button below.
Thanks and always be safe :)
review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 654 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2015
In terms of optics that you can but under $100 that are solid, reliable, sturdy, and hold their zero...it's going to really be tough to find another scope that will compare. This is possibly about the best red dot sight you can buy that is priced similarly.

Seen in the photos mounted on an Arsenal AK-74 with a UTG side mount rail, this TRS sight sits on a riser (NOT INCLUDED) that I highly, highly recommend that you get. They are very cheap, though. Depending on what system you're using and what weapon you have, please note that this sight sits VERY low to the rail. When you buy this, get yourself a good little riser to go with it. It'll still keep you under the $100 range.

The dot is quite small and very precise at its lowest settings, and at its highest settings it will blot out the sun from the sky itself. So you can use it in the darkest cave or the brightest beach. You know, places that you often go to use a firearm. So don't worry about not being able to see the dot. You'll see it. Oh, you'll see it, alright.

...

Anyway, in terms of how "quality" of a sight it is, I can say without the shadow of a doubt that it seems to be constructed very sturdily. It is tough and very rugged. I would absolutely expect this sight to last quite a few years. The caps for windage and elevation can be adjusted with a coin or the lip of a cartridge, so no tools are required to zero it in. That's something I find very positive for a sight. Also, it's not very big, so it doesn't take up much room on the rails at all.

Overall, after 150 rounds fired its still holding tight on the rail and I expect it to become my mainstay red dot sight until an unknown rich uncle dies and I can shell out the cash for some bourgeois Trijicon like all those fancy people who make Youtube videos and who live in those gated communities to keep out all the poor people like you and me in houses that they give names to and eat their fancy little tofu snacks and go to the golf courses with their carts that have their names on them in embezzeled golden cursive letters.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2017
As you are likely aware, there are myriad choices of red dot sights to choose from. When investigating the TRS-25, I liked what I read of other's experiences with the sight until I came across some reviews stating there was a noticeable difference between the older model (gold lettered Bushnell) and the newer model with a white logo. Amazon shows a photo of the older version, but advises you may receive a sight with the white lettering. The reviews were not so favorable on the new model written by those who have both. The lettering is too garish...the optic is not as bright as the older model...the dot disappears on the edges of the viewfinder. You've probably read those reviews.

I decided to give it a shot anyway and ordered one. It arrived promptly and in good shape. I was anxious to open the box and see what model I purchased, old or new. I was hopeful...the box pictured the sight with gold lettering, I opened the box and...NO! Doggonit! It's the the new model.

I was set to be disappointed and find problems right off with the sight. Guess what? I didn't. It worked just fine. The dot was bright, it was clear. It didn't disappear at the outskirts of the viewfinder...the dial to control the brightness was not loosey-goosey. It seemed just fine. I was relieved, and so should you be.

Now I haven't seen the older model TRS-25 to compare it to, but I do have an Eotech on my AR that I've looked through for a long time. Granted, it's not Eotech, but it's mighty well serviceable enough to sit atop my 9mm Beretta carbine. The four stars instead of five is because I haven't put it through the paces to make sure it continues to work and will hold zero, but I am optimistic about being satisfied with this purchase...

I hope this helps some other guy who worries about a few negative reviews in spite of a thousand positive ones.
on October 15, 2012
First things first, let's establish what the Bushnell TRS-25 is NOT - it is NOT an Eotech or Aimpoint red dot sight. It is also less than 20% of the cost of either of those sights.

That being said, for the price, this is an excellent sight. The construction is solid, it attached to the flat top rail of my AR15 easily and securely. The rubber lens covers, attached to each other by a small rubber cord, are sufficient for protecting the lenses from most objects and debris while remaining in place.

The red dot itself has 11 settings, from 0 (off) to 11 (brightest). I agree with the other reviewers who have stated the highest setting is probably more than you will ever need. It is excessively bright for most environments, and you will rarely, if ever, use the highest settings.

In a location with good lighting, I find #5 or #6 to be great for providing an easy-to-see dot, without becoming blurry or making it too difficult to identify what you are actually sighting.

Battery life is very good for the single button battery the sight uses, just remember to turn it off (set it to 0) when you are done with it for the day.

Knobs for zeroing and changing brightness settings are solid and provide decent feedback to let you know you are indeed adjusting them. They do not feel cheap or flimsy, but are not overly difficult to turn, which is important especially if you generally wear gloves when shooting.

The sight holds its zero very well, I have little concern that this will ever become an issue, it feels that solid.

This is one of the best sights (I believe it is THE best) you can get for the price, so if you want something that you can count on for target shooting or for other non-competition needs, this little Bushnell should satisfy your needs and still leave you money for ammo and other accessories. This sight is on the rifle I will depend on during the zombie apocalypse (or other assorted disasters), and I feel confident using this sight. However, and this is true for ANY sight you may be using, I always encourage having flip-up back up sights (Magpuls are great) on your rifle, as any electronic sight (whether $50 or $500) CAN fail on you. Luckily with this sight I had plenty of money left over to invest in the back-up sight.

One last note, if you wish to use this sight on some rifles to cowitness (the red dot matches with the point on the front sight) you will need to mount the sight on a riser - in my case (AR15 with front iron sight) I needed a medium height riser, Amazon sells a good UTG one for nearly nothing.

Moral of the story - don't be scared to buy this sight because the Eotech and Aimpoint owners say it doesn't match up to their sights. They are right, it doesn't, but it comes really close at a fraction of the price.
11 comment| 552 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2016
Some reviewers have referenced the color of the Bushnell lettering to old vs new scope design. The red dot scope I received has the white lettering, but the LED emitter is at the 4:30 position. The dot does fade out when close to the outer edge, but only opposite the emitter, at the 10:30 position. This is obviously the nature of the beast and is not a problem since when aiming, you center the dot. I have viewed the dot with and without wearing my glasses. Without glasses a squiggly line. With glasses its a sharp crisp dot. If your seeing anything but a clear dot, I recommend a visit to an optometrist.

I have not zeroed or shot with the scope, yet, but am pleased with my purchase. If after doing so, I encounter any problems or undesired results I will update this post. As it is, I'm a satisfied customer. A great little RDS for $84, no tax and no shipping cost and when I buy a Prime eligible item I am always confident of Amazon standing behind the product.
review image review image
on March 16, 2015
I have had many a TRS-25 mounted on AKMs and ARs. All except two were top notch. One of those two, I purchased at Walmart, had the emitter located at 6 o'clock and had white "Bushnell" lettering on the side. The other bad apple I bought recently, from Amazon. It too had the emitter at 6, and white lettering (opposed to Bushnell's previous Coyote colored lettering). There are two types of TRS-25. The two I just mentioned, and the TRS-25 with the emitter at 4:30, with the classic Bushnell brown font color. THOSE are the ones I never had a problem with. Not these newest runs.

With my most recent order, the dot would disappear well before reaching the edge of the glass housing upon looking through the glass and tilting the field of view up (moving the red dot toward the top of field of view). This is unacceptable. Returned it.

Funny story though, I went ahead and, with the refunded money, bought a Primary MD-FBGII from Amazon as well, that one felt much nicer, but had a crazy amount of dot flare. So returned that as well. I'll likely buy another MD-FBGII directly from Primary Arms and in the notes have them QC it before it gets packed up.

If you check out various Youtube videos of the TRS-25 and it's problems, you can see most of the problem units have the 6 o'clock emitter with white lettering. Here's just one example (not my video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtPpZ2kvQP8
on August 1, 2015
Great red dot for the price. I put it on my Ruger 22/45 Lite pistol with no problems. Zero'd it in at 25 yards and ran 500 rounds through it without a single problem Zero stayed right where it should be and the mount was rock solid. I got the white lettering version and my LED is at the 4:30 position. The red dot is visible through all of the glass and is the same intensity no matter where I look through it. The dial is a bit stiff but with use it should loosen up. I'll probably get another one for an SBR I'm building.
review image review image review image review image review image
on June 24, 2016
I wanted to write this ASAP to let others know that I ordered this on June 18th 2016, and it came with the white logo as well as the LED emitter located at the 4:30 position. It's exactly what I was hoping for after reading many MANY reviews about this product. It is exactly what I wanted. I'll update my review once my 10 day holding period is up and put a few rounds down the range.

Update: Works and looks flawless. Very happy with this purchase.
review image review image
on May 9, 2017
I wanted a red dot for a new 50 caliber muzzle loader pistol I bought and after doing a great deal of online research I decided to go with the Bushnell Trophy Red Dot TRS-25. I know it's a budget priced red dot but it seemed to get mostly good reviews on various online sites and over the years I've never had any problems with the several Bushnell optics I own so I decided to order the TRS-25 and give it a try. When I first opened the box I was surprised how small in size it really is. I actually like the size of it and it fits on my pistol perfectly, I guess I was just expecting it to be larger. It installed very nicely onto the weaver scope mounting rail on my pistol and tightened down nice and tight. At this point I guess I should mention that the unit I received has the white colored "Bushnell" printed on the side of the red dot however the red dot emitter is in the 4 o'clock position which according to all the reviews I've read is a good thing. Apparently, from what I've read, the units that have the emitter in the 6 o'clock position are prone to problems.... however the one I received, even though it has white lettering and not the original yellow lettering, has the emitter in the preferred 4 o'clock position. OK, on with the review. The view through the scope is very clear and I find it very easy to quickly get "on target" when I raise the pistol to eye level. The red dot brightness selector requires a fair amount of force to turn through the 11 brightness settings, however it's not uncomfortable and presents no problems. You just have to make sure you grasp it firmly when you want to adjust the brightness. Each of the 11 brightness settings click into place with an audible "click" and lock into place. The firmness of the selector knob should insure that recoil won't cause the knob to move and change your brightness level. The windage and elevation knobs screw on nicely and each has a small rubber gasket to seal out water and moisture. When I researched the reviews for this scope I noticed quite a few people complain about the stretchable rubber lens cover that comes with this unit. People complained that it was awkward and they didn't like it, however I don't have any problems with it. It fits over the lenses snuggly, is easy to put on and take off and looks to me to create a fairly good seal so I personally don't have any problems with it. The final thing I really like about this red dot is the fact that it hardly adds any weight to my pistol, something I appreciate greatly. All in all I really like this little red dot and am very happy with it's performance so far, however I haven't gotten the chance to get to the range yet and fire the muzzle loader pistol with the TRS-25 installed on so this is the reason I'm only giving it 4 stars at the present time. I read plenty of reviews where people said this red dot held up to heavy recoil with no problems and then I read some reviews where they reported that it didn't handle heavy recoil. I took all the reviews into consideration when I decided to give this red dot a try and I also took into consideration that the method you use to install a scope plays a part in how the scope will perform so I decided to give it a try. After I spend some time at the range with the scope on the gun I'll add to this review and report whether it held up to the recoil and performed as I'd like it to..... or whether it didn't. I'm not expecting any problems because like I said above, I owned numerous Bushnell optics and I've never experienced any problems, however if I do experience problems with this red dot I'll certainly amend this review.
on April 9, 2016
Just so my expectations for this unit are understood, I have this mounted on a Mossberg 500, which is a backup to my Benelli M4 with an Aimpoint T2. What I was looking for in this TRS-25 was just a good, stable red-dot that I could use, train with, and ultimately count on if needed. It is mounted on a backup weapon, so the price point needed to be good, but I didn't want to be disappointed with quality.

Surprisingly, this optic makes me very happy. I say "surprisingly", because the price point is less than 1/2 of my Vortex SPARC II, and about 1/8 the cost of my Aimpoint T2.

So what gives? The answer is simple. This is a decently robust red dot sight with pretty decent optics. The glass is pretty clear looking when you look through it, that's one for the win column. Yes, the LED housing is somewhat visible in the bottom of the unit, but is not distracting to me. The red dot itself is surprisingly clear, at least as clear as my Vortex SPARC II. If I could change anything about the red dot itself, I'd give it another power level or two. In direct sunlight, I need to keep this unit powered up on high, or the dot washes out. That said, I have not yet had a situation where the max level red dot was insufficient. I'm just one of those guys that doesn't like to run things at max capacity, because if that doesn't work there's nowhere else to go...

I have read about some issues with the mounting screws or tabs breaking. The ones that came on my TRS-25 seem tough enough. I use a torque driver to mount all my optics, and so far I've had no failures of any kind with any brand of mount and/or screws. This Bushnell is no exception.

Let's be clear here. This is NOT an Aimpoint. This is an inexpensive red-dot that punches way above it's weight class. The housing is robust, but is not sleek enough to be what I would consider a primary weapon sight. However, I will happily purchase another if the need arises, and I have another shotgun or rifle that needs a rather good red-dot at an amazing price. I was and am very impressed with this sight.