BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 27, 2016
I purchased the Bushnell Falcon binoculars because I needed to replace an older pair of Bushnells that sat in the sun too long and you could no longer get the left eye to come into focus. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I didn't want a big bulky pair either so after doing my research I settled on the Falcon 7x35s.

Pros - inexpensive, well made, lightweight, carry case, Bushnell quality, quick focus paddle
Cons - kind of big, case is cheap nylon, flimsy strap, lens covers don't fit well

With me I can overlook the cons that I listed because I am more interested in the actual operation of the binoculars. I was very impressed with the field of view and the magnification. For the price I don't think you can do any better! They are really lightweight for the size and even if they work for a couple of years they are worth the cost. They came well packed by Bushnell with everything you need right out of the box. I'm sure you could spend a lot more and get much better quality but I don't think you will be disappointed with this purchase! All photos in this review were taken by me. I hope this helps you make an informed purchasing decision. [...] Thanks for reading!
33 comments| 553 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2016
Excellent picture quality for the price. Easy to focus. The focusing lever sticks a bit at one end, so I am thinking whether it's too much trouble to exchange them, and whether it's just my copy's flaw or is common to all of them. This is the only reason for 4 and 5 stars, and I honestly feel bad for lowering the rating, because the optics (if not the mechanics) are outstanding. This was my first pair of binoculars: I got them for birding without doing too much research. They came up at the top when I searched "best binoculars for birding" and the price ($28.76) was easy to swallow even if they turned out to be a dud. I was so impressed with the picture quality (the seller uses "HD clarity" in the description and that seems spot on) that I became really curious if all binoculars are similar. I immediately bought a cheap pair of Vivitars with greater magnification and size (12x50 vs these being 7x35) and they turned out to be complete crap compared to these. Next, I borrowed a friendly birder's $1,000 Leupolds (something like these Leupold Mojave Roof Prism Binoculars, 10x50mm, Black I think) which he thinks are outstanding. I agree, his are nice binoculars, but the image clarity and color resolution of Bushnells, to my unsophisticated eye, is the same. And the depth of focus is greater in Bushnells, as is the ease of focusing thanks to the lever. The only department, in which $1,000 (I guess they can be had for "only" $500 if you look) Leupolds outshine the sub-$30 Bushnells is they allow for closer minimum focusing distance. Think about it and whether it is worth the price. Having played with the Leupolds and the Bushnells I honestly would not trade them -- in part because I would hate to drop, scratch or smudge such a precious piece of equipment. I would, however, consider a more expensive Bushnell model -- now that I am familiar with the brand -- if it delivered real improvements in magnification, focusing distance or another characteristic.
on October 27, 2016
My dad bought me a pair of these in 1968, with the exact same power and field, and they have lasted me 48 years with absolutely no problems. I bought this pair to see if they were any better after all those years. The main improvements are their lighter weight and the smooth lever-action focus. Otherwise they optics are exactly the same, so for me these are a perfect additional set. I don't know how much my dad paid for the original set all those years ago, but in today's money they were probably equivalent to over $100, so these are a really excellent deal for the price. These are excellent general purpose binoculars, which is why I've had, and used, mine constantly for so many years.
on September 21, 2016
Yes the lens covers fall off and the strap and case are cheap, But the binoculars are great and the price is even better. I am very pleased with this purchase. It has a focus lever that is easy to use and very smooth. Without my glasses I was able to focus for each eye. It also works well with my glasses on. This is a really good price for a quality product.
on April 19, 2017
For what it is, it serves the purpose. The right-eye adjustment is a bit too easy to kick out of place, however. My 8yo had no trouble with it. My 5-6yo could just barely reach the focus control and needed some coaching, but figured it out ok. It is great for getting the kids interested in nature and exploration.
on April 24, 2017
We used our newly-purchased binoculars yesterday at a theater presentation (we were sitting in the last row of the orchestra section). My husband and I both loved the ease of use, the lightweight design, and the overall ease of use. They were perfect for this setting. We are hoping to use them successfully during an upcoming vacation where we will be viewing many outdoor natural scenes. I would recommend these binoculars wholeheartedly.
on June 2, 2017
These are not high end binoculars by any stretch of the imagination, but they are seriously high quality for the price. I have had friends use them side by side with their way more expensive Nikons, and the response is usually disappointment that they spent so much more when they could have picked these up for a fraction of the cost. Don't let the price fool you, if you are looking for a quality binocular and can deal with the size, these are REALLY good!
on April 19, 2017
I got these for my husband for Christmas so he can use it for deer hunting. Absolutely loved it! He was super happy and they work amazing.
on August 7, 2017
I have the same brand and model which were manufactured in Japan many years ago and they're great -.very sharp, clear, easy to focus. THIS pair is made in China and are junk. Focusing is impossible since when using the "Insta Focus" both eye tubes don't travel together meaning you have to constantly refocus the right eye piece. The eye tubes wobble up and down when focusing. Would be fun for kids (maybe) but for someone looking for an inexpensive pair of binoculars I cannot recommend these.
on May 23, 2017
great binoculars for any price. I'm a beginner bird watcher and went birding with a friend for the first time. It was great to zoom in on some really cool colorful birds. Easy to adjust focus once you follow the directions under thier product description. Only down falll is there is no strap to hang them around your neck and that is why the 4 stars. Otherwise I am very happy with them.