Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on July 27, 2016
I purchased the Bushnell Falcon binoculars because I needed to replace an older pair of Bushnells that sat in the sun too long and you could no longer get the left eye to come into focus. I didn't want to spend a lot of money and I didn't want a big bulky pair either so after doing my research I settled on the Falcon 7x35s.

Pros - inexpensive, well made, lightweight, carry case, Bushnell quality, quick focus paddle
Cons - kind of big, case is cheap nylon, flimsy strap, lens covers don't fit well

With me I can overlook the cons that I listed because I am more interested in the actual operation of the binoculars. I was very impressed with the field of view and the magnification. For the price I don't think you can do any better! They are really lightweight for the size and even if they work for a couple of years they are worth the cost. They came well packed by Bushnell with everything you need right out of the box. I'm sure you could spend a lot more and get much better quality but I don't think you will be disappointed with this purchase! All photos in this review were taken by me. I hope this helps you make an informed purchasing decision. [...] Thanks for reading!
44 comments| 612 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 31, 2016
Excellent picture quality for the price. Easy to focus. The focusing lever sticks a bit at one end, so I am thinking whether it's too much trouble to exchange them, and whether it's just my copy's flaw or is common to all of them. This is the only reason for 4 and 5 stars, and I honestly feel bad for lowering the rating, because the optics (if not the mechanics) are outstanding. This was my first pair of binoculars: I got them for birding without doing too much research. They came up at the top when I searched "best binoculars for birding" and the price ($28.76) was easy to swallow even if they turned out to be a dud. I was so impressed with the picture quality (the seller uses "HD clarity" in the description and that seems spot on) that I became really curious if all binoculars are similar. I immediately bought a cheap pair of Vivitars with greater magnification and size (12x50 vs these being 7x35) and they turned out to be complete crap compared to these. Next, I borrowed a friendly birder's $1,000 Leupolds (something like these Leupold Mojave Roof Prism Binoculars, 10x50mm, Black I think) which he thinks are outstanding. I agree, his are nice binoculars, but the image clarity and color resolution of Bushnells, to my unsophisticated eye, is the same. And the depth of focus is greater in Bushnells, as is the ease of focusing thanks to the lever. The only department, in which $1,000 (I guess they can be had for "only" $500 if you look) Leupolds outshine the sub-$30 Bushnells is they allow for closer minimum focusing distance. Think about it and whether it is worth the price. Having played with the Leupolds and the Bushnells I honestly would not trade them -- in part because I would hate to drop, scratch or smudge such a precious piece of equipment. I would, however, consider a more expensive Bushnell model -- now that I am familiar with the brand -- if it delivered real improvements in magnification, focusing distance or another characteristic.
0Comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
My dad bought me a pair of these in 1968, with the exact same power and field, and they have lasted me 48 years with absolutely no problems. I bought this pair to see if they were any better after all those years. The main improvements are their lighter weight and the smooth lever-action focus. Otherwise they optics are exactly the same, so for me these are a perfect additional set. I don't know how much my dad paid for the original set all those years ago, but in today's money they were probably equivalent to over $100, so these are a really excellent deal for the price. These are excellent general purpose binoculars, which is why I've had, and used, mine constantly for so many years.
0Comment| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 28, 2017
For the price these binoculars are satisfactory, we went on a cruise and they gave good close up views of the shoreline which is what we wanted. They give a clean, sharp view of scenery at a distance. I liked the focus adjustment, it was easy to use. .I've never owned a pair of really good binoculars so I have nothing with which to compare.
on September 20, 2016
These are perfect for me to sit on my porch and watch all my birdies. Especially my tiny little humming birds! I am so happy how clear everything looks threw these. The fact that I can adjust them so I don't have to wear my glasses is just awesome! I know nothing about the technical stuff I just know I bought a couple different pair and these are definitely the best! They are a little heavy but it's worth that to be able to see everything around me so clearly and beautifully:)
on January 18, 2017
as an engineer with optics experience, i can find a minor issue with these, but even so, they are well worth the money, and i would absolutely buy them again. i took them with me on vacation and used them to watch birds on a nearby island. for reference, i was able to read 2" high numbers on a utility pole a thousand feet away as if they were 20 feet away. on a house that was about a quarter mile away across the bay, i could easily see the patio furniture and electric meter on the side of the house. without them, i could only tell there was a house there. (for you sticklers, the minor issue was a little chromatic aberration)
on January 18, 2018
Bought these for my wife for bird watching, she really enjoying them. We are not field bird watchers, just observe them at our bird feeders in back yard. These are good for that purpose because of the wide field of view that makes it pretty easy to find what you are looking for out there. It is surprising how difficult it can be to find what you are looking for with powerful binoculars and a narrow field of view. I had a pare like that years ago and traded them as quick as I could. The quick focus is a really nice feature in these Bushnell binoculars. There is an attach point between the lenses in front to mount a Tripod.
These have the same power and field of view up as my Manon binoculars I bought while on my RNR in Japan, stationed in Vietnam in 1966.
on March 5, 2017
Heavy with a rocker panel focus and a short focal length. If you are birding in your backyard, go for it. If you are looking at more than a two acre space or seeking something for astronomy use, forget it.
Top Contributor: Campingon December 29, 2016
Love it. We purchased the Bushnell Falcon 133410 Binoculars for amateur bird watching and hopefully for star gazing. And it works wonderfully. The binoculars are little on the heavy side but easy to adjust focus and to use. The case and strap that came with the binoculars are of mediocre quality. It would have been helpful to have a more sturdy case and strap. Furthermore, you will need to attach the strap to the binoculars upon first use. Simply unfasten each of the buckles and slide each each end of the strap through the slots located at the bottom of the binoculars. Then, run them through the buckles twice before adjusting the length. The binoculars also come with a cleaning cloth and 4 lens covers. The lens covers fit easily but not a tight fit and can fall off easily. Hence, one less star based on the above observations for the accessories.
on May 23, 2017
great binoculars for any price. I'm a beginner bird watcher and went birding with a friend for the first time. It was great to zoom in on some really cool colorful birds. Easy to adjust focus once you follow the directions under thier product description. Only down falll is there is no strap to hang them around your neck and that is why the 4 stars. Otherwise I am very happy with them.