Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by NERD Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 16, 2016
Purchased for my wife to bring to ballet/broadway/theatre performances to get better views when our seats are in the next county. (Because one pair of binoculars is cheaper than Orchestra tickets to the next five shows.) So far, so good--still married, still going to shows, still sitting in the nosebleeds with enough money for the train home afterward.
22 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 1, 2015
I bought the 12x25 & it is very nice! Small & powerful! I like that it has an attached neck strap, even if it is just a thin cord. It also comes with a canvas carrying case, with a velcro closure. I've been using it to view backyard birds & it is great for that & the adjustable focus works well. I could make out a car's license plate number from over 100yards away. I think these would also be excellent for concerts & sporting events. Next time I will go, I will take with & update my review.
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 27, 2014
For the money, its hard to go wrong with these. I purchased these as a lightweight pair of binos for hunting. And for the most part, they work great. One minor issues though, but first:

Pros:
1. Lightweight and compact
2. Quality optics company
3. Incredible value- for under $20 it's a no-brainer. You can put a pair in every back pack and BOB you have.

Cons:
1. Eye relief and eye position aren't the best. But if you've bought optics before, you probably are aware of that with x25. Getting your eye lined up required a bit more work. You could always pay the extra money though and get the x32 version.

Overall, a killer pair of economical binos. For concerts, checking out animals or scoping the scenery, these tiny magnifiers will do the trick without the cringe inducing, wallet emptying effect some of the other "high end" name brands have.
on December 13, 2017
Took this to the NYCB Nutcracker performance. My seat was in the very last ring of the theater and while I can see the whole field of view very well, it's hard to make out smaller details in the movement or the smaller props. That's when I used this bad boy and was amazed at how clear the view is. I was able to focus on individual dancer and could see all the details, down to the fact that the Sugar Plum Fairy's dress kept shedding glitter while she danced. I could not be happier with my choice to use this, no matter how snooty it looks to be bring binoculars to a theater. Not to mention that this binocular had opened my eyes to new money saving opportunities - buy the cheapest seats to performances and use this to get the same view as people forking over hundreds for their premium seats.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 21, 2017
I am very impressed with the product. I have 4 Bushnell rifle scopes and a pair or Bushnell binoculars besides this pair. All wonderful and excellent value.
on July 20, 2014
If you are looking for a well made, compact folding binocular look no further. The Bushnell Powerview is a reliable little powerhouse which packs great magnification into a small package. The units are well made the glass components are high quality camera optics and the result is an easy to use and convenient binocular. I was worried about low light eye strain when I first purchased this unit but I was pleasantly surprised at how easy on the eyes and how bright objects appear through these binoculars.

You can't lose with this item!

PROS:
Light weight
High quality Bushnell product
High quality optics
Focus is easily found and locks into place
Convenient & compact size when folded

USES:
Great for birdwatching & hiking
Perfect for auditorium viewing
Sports games & outdoor events
on June 3, 2017
Perfect size for my wife who only has use of one hand. She is able to bird watch as well as use it for determining what is in our yard.
VINE VOICEon October 1, 2007
I bought these binoculars as a companion to the opera. I used them yesterday for the first time, and I must say these do the job just great. The size is very small, so you can put them in a small purse, and the touch and design of them are very delicate. I was sharing them throughout the whole performance, and I did not have any problem at all with the focus; they were in focus all the time. I did not know much about binoculars, so I did some research online before buying. I found out Bushnell was a very reliable brand, and the price of these on Amazon is just great ($19.99 while I am writing this review). I wear glasses, so I have to take them off to use them properly; but that is just fine with me. My seats at the opera this year are among the worst, because I wanted to see the whole season for a cheaper price, so I needed to make sure I got binoculars. I am completely satisfied with these, and I do not need any fancier or more expensive ones.
on February 3, 2014
I've had these Bushnell Powerview 12x32 folding roof prism binoculars about 4 weeks. After working out the best way to hold & adjust them to my eyes and after getting used to them, I found them easy to adjust, easy & smooth to focus, clear and conveniently compact.

The binoculars are inexpensive, quick to grab, easy to use and reasonably clear & effective. I use these for quick looks out the kitchen window at birds in nearby trees. . .short dogwoods. They work well for that purpose (I'm not looking up into 80 foot pines with these). I'm anxious to see how they perform out on broad water in a kayak for more distant viewing.

I think I prefer the larger objectives in this compact folding roof prism style binocular (where the objective is 32 part of 12x32 or 16x32). I haven't tried the smaller objective Bushnell roof prism binoculars in this Powerview model but I never have been satisfied with similar smaller binoculars in other brands.

An important consideration is the size of the image presented by the binoculars to the pupil...which is determined by dividing the objective lens size by the power, such as 32 divided by 12. I don't want to go and get all the proper terminology but in general, the smaller the binocular's value of that ratio is in relation to the user's pupil size at the time, the less satisfactory the viewing experience is. That's probably why I'm not happy with the smaller objective lens sizes in a binocular...the image presented to my eye probably is much smaller than my pupil -- You wind up having to hunt for the image in the eyepiece a lot.

Anyways, the only thing I don't like about this folding compact style is the double hinge they all have. When using them I sense they are folded unevenly and cock-eyed which bothers me...I like to have just a single hinge. But then, these are "Compact Folding" BECAUSE of the double hinge and even if they are uneven it shouldn't affect the viewing.
on November 1, 2017
Bought these for my 13 year when she went to a concert. I got tickets late and we got seats far back so I bought her these. she was able to see well and really enjoyed the concert. Now my son has them in his tackle box for when he goes fishing. Was a super great deal for the price.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse