Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 325 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 340 reviews
on January 7, 2016
I took this on a trip with someone who had the roof prism version so we were able to compare them side by side.

Size & Weight: This porro prism one is definitely a little heavier and bigger than the roof prism version. However, IMO I think the image is more steady than the roof prism version, though my friend thought they are about the same in his hand.

Brightness: I didn't notice significant difference between the two, though the porro one may be slightly slightly brighter.

Given the $10 difference at the time of my purchase and the fact that I found the porro prism one produces steadier image in my hand, I may still go with this one if I have to choose again. (Still very very tempted to get the roof prism one due to its size though...)

If carrying heavy weight around the neck is a concern for you, I highly recommend buying this strap (Allen Company 4 Way Adjustable Deluxe Binocular Strap, Black) as well. If you are interested, here is a link to my review for the strap (https://www.amazon.com/review/RGAXWFOA3GQ8F).

Warning: The caps are not attached to the binoculars and they DO fall off from time to time. Mine fell off quite often (which is annoying). One time I didn't notice right away and had to back track to find the lost cap. Luckily I found it at the end but it took me over half an hour under the sun. For that matter, I do appreciate the attached caps design with the roof prism version a lot more.
on March 22, 2016
I bought these in 12x after having 8x, 10x, and 16x powers. The 12x are perfect for me. These are well made, come with a case and a strap, and have decent multi-coat glass. Good value at a reasonable price.
on March 2, 2017
I am no expert on binoculars and this is the first pair I have ever owned. I chose this set because of a combination of price and review rating so know that before reading the rest.

The set comes with a case, strap, eye lense covers, outer lense covers, a soft cloth for wiping/cleaning the lenses, and instructions.

I chose the 8 x 42 over the others because it seemed like the range of view and focus I would want but really had nothing to base that assessment. My original idea for using these binoculars was for wildlife and nature viewing while camping but haven't yet been since purchasing them approximately three months ago. However, they have likely been used by me a dozen or so times for mostly bird and wildlife watching around my house. I have been pleased with their performance so far as the field of view seems to work for me and I have been able to focus in on whatever I have been trying to view so far.
on April 29, 2014
Customer service is the very best! I received this product shortly after placing my order. The seam on the outer rubber casing seemed to be coming apart. Given that this is being used on a boat I thought that the water proofing would be compromised. I contacted Amazon via email and within minutes I had shipping labels printed, authorization to return product (free) and another product on the way.

I received the replacement within two days (unbelievably excellent service) and it was in perfect condition. I have not had a chance to use it on the boat yet but I have focused them and used them in the neighborhood and at dusk (not for anything perverted)

The magnification and clarity of the images are great. Clarity in low lighting conditions are also very good indeed. The product is a little bulky and weighty but not so bad that I will refrain from using them. Smaller people (ladies) may not like the size and weight too much, but they are quite rugged and appear as though they can take a beating.

A fantastic product at great value for dollar spent and the absolute best customer service and return policy in the business (Thanks Amazon)

I will update once I use them on the boat. Would I buy again?...... In a heart beat. I would also recommend, especially given the value and customer service.
on December 12, 2016
Beware covetous Father-In-Laws.....

These Bins rock. Excellent clarity and Field of View. Awesome magnification, well armored (non slip Rubber). Seeing birds( or anything) at distance, I had to really hunt for distant stuff to give them a workout. Great for Moon watching (warning- they pull in light a little too well - especially if your eyes have adjusted to the dark) Have only used them for short periods at a time, so the OEM neck strap sufficed. Not sure about for prolonged use - you *MAY* want to get a strap with heavier padding. They *are* heavy, so being able to rest your elbows/forearms is a must for anything beyond a quick look. The lens caps do not attach to the bins, so extra care needed to not lose them.
Overall, I love them.

Don't worry, Dad...you getting a pair for Christmas.
on January 6, 2015
We bought these for a cruise to Alaska and they didn't disappoint. They were very clear, focused easily and provided great views of the landscape. Great binoculars for the price.
on September 24, 2016
Eye relief is not good for eyeglass wearers. I have to take my glasses off to get a full field of view, and then the view isn't clear because I need my glasses. If you don't wear glasses, then these are OK, but they don't stand out from other binoculars in the price range.
on August 3, 2016
This have withstood by clumsiness for about two years now. They have been dunked in saltwater (kayaking blunder), fallen in the sand and dropped off chairs. The clarity has not changed. Easy to focus, great field of view. It does not focus up close though. Trying to view birds within 20' is challenging. They are a little heavy and cumbersome to carry long distances, but I recommend them nonetheless.
on February 7, 2014
I bought these to replace a pair of Nikons that took a small tumble and became double visioned. I was going to buy the Nikons again but these are water proofed, have more protection and are made in America and only ten dollars more for the extra features. I don't know if they are more durable but they can't be worse.
on September 29, 2015
I was looking for a replacement for some 40-year old binoculars that I can take on a cruise vacation in a couple of weeks and later to take fishing with me in my fishing kayak on the lakes around here. Price is very important to me when talking about a purchase like this that will get limited use throughout a year. I caught them on sale for $59.99 and immediately ordered. They said it would take 10 - 15 days to arrive. I got them on my doorstep in 2 days! Once I got them out of the package, I was immediately impressed with the clarity and relative ease in focusing. They let a lot of light in and are really sharp. I am impressed with these and look forward to using them over the next few years. If they only last a year, I still feel like I got my money's worth for the clarity and ease of use. The neck strap is nice enough and the case is adequate for what I'll be using it for. All-in-all a great product and Famous Outdoors did a great job of getting them to me in a timely manner....Good job all around..

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.