Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 30, 2014
Update on this review. I have now used this on many occasion. I have to raise my 4 star to a 5 as they have exceeded my expectations. I found I did not need a monopod as I had thought. I actually found myself holding them steady with one hand while seated or standing. I primarily, use them for sporting events and have compared them side by side with other friends binoculars. I would buy them again. Someone asked for a size of them. they are about 5.25" x 5.25" x 2.5".

I labored for a couple days trying to decide what binoculars to buy for watching high school football games and camping/boating. I was not sure what the differences between roof or porro prisms would mean to me. A friend has some Nikon porro style and they are great but kind of big. The more I looked at these (on-line), the more I liked them. I saw the H2O of these with the porro prism at a local store and the magnification and stability were good. I could not find this model locally to try out but liked the styling in the pictures. I really like how the barrels are straight compared to the stepped elevations of prisms in the porro versions that seem to make them wider and/or taller exit lens distances. These fit snug in a fairly strong fabric case that is light weight and easy to tote around. I felt I wanted fog and water proof designs and this option gave it to me. They were on sale at Amazon so I decided to try them out.

I opened them up and was pleasantly surprised at the smaller footprint. Once I looked through them and fiddled with the focus knobs and such, I knew they were going to be great for my purposes. I could zoom in on the players on the field and had no problem holding them steady during the play. Like many of us, we just need "good" binoculars. If you are an expert looking for the best of everything, maybe these fall short, or not, but the reviews pretty much express my experience and I love them.

The workings are all tight and feel like they are precision made. This does not feel like a toy. The weight is good at around 1.5lbs. the case and binoculars each have carrying straps and they don't feel like giant binoculars hanging from your neck or hands. The view is clear and sharp. I let others try them out over the course of a few events and their reaction was typically, "WOW!" They performed well as the sun started to go down and the stadium lights game on.

It would have been nice to have a mount capability for a monopod but their size and weight help make them useable for long periods and the ability to hold them steady helps too. The 8X magnification was a good choice in that respect.

Only having had them for a week combined with no tripod mount forces me to give this a 4 instead of a 5. However, these will likely meet or exceed most peoples needs. The big factor for me is that I look forward to bringing them and not dreading having to lug a big case around. Hence, they will get used more often and I will enjoy the games much more.
on June 18, 2015
This is the third pair of these we have bought in this family and we continue to be amazed at the quality of these glasses. Allow me to point out right up front that I am a Zeiss binocular man and have owned and used them for fifty years. They are in a class of their own and I do not pretend for one minute that these Bushnell's are in the same league. But no reasonable person could argue that these are a tremendous value.Yes, they are a little heavy but they appear to be built like a Russian truck. We keep some on the front deck of the cabin and others in various vehicles. So far we have not had one problem with them. Frankly I think they are one of the best values of any kind on the market today.
Buy these. You will not be disappointed
on May 4, 2014
I purchased these for my boat as I'd often forget to bring a pair with me and have been very happy with them. The power is just right for boat use when you are on an unstable platform, not too powerful when you can't hold steady, but powerful enough when trying to pick up the next navigational aid. Being waterproof and rubber armored are just what you need aboard an open boat. I'm very pleased with them.
on July 19, 2014
Came in today, on time and well packged. Love Prime.
The only gripe I have with these glasses are the Reviewers, that misled me in to purching eye shields and strap. both unnecessary Comes witha good and servicable strap and the twist down eye caps work great... Great view and image ..... Very good binoculars wold buy and suggest to friends
on June 26, 2015
Really good low priced for binoculars high quality perfect for spotting things.
on June 11, 2013
Love these lightweight binoculars. Not too heavy to carry around your neck with the strap that comes with them. Easy focus, great for birdwatching. They really fog proof too. I have taken them out of a warm car and into the cold and it was great. Clear view. They give a great image at a great price!
on February 26, 2014
Bought this pair for my sister, and a similar priced Nikon set for myself. After using both side by side, I wish I had purchased two of these over the Nikon I bought.
on August 15, 2013
Just received the H2O's in 10X42. In comparison to another pair of bino's I own (Leupold 10X50 MESA), these fell short on the level of light that was gathered and appears to have a yellowish tint compared to the Leupold's. I compared the 2 on a bright sunny day so I'm certain at dusk or dawn the Leupold's will have an even greater advantage. The Leupold's were also 2X the price when purchased ~5-6 years ago and also have the 50mm optic and are nearly 2X as large.
I would like a pair as fine as the Leupold's but as compact as the Bushnell's. Probably have to spend $400 to achieve this.
My objective was to find a somewhat compact pair of bino's that were waterproof with decent power and imaging to carry to the tree stand in any weather. I believe the H2O's will do the job.
on December 3, 2015
I use these for hunting. When you look through many of the comparable binoculars out there, it is like looking through a tunnel. That makes it hard to see through, and they have to be held just so to see in both sides. With this model, it looks like full view. That was the main reason I bought these. I had a pair of Bushnell Legends that were full view. When I destroyed them, I got online and looked for the same model. It is not available any more. The reviews said that the new Legend was not at all like the old one. It's structure was completely different.I went to Bass Pro, and looked through this model, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was just like my old Legend glasses. The optics are very good as well. I had bought a similar pair of Leupold binocs, and they are the tunnel type, not worth taking on a hunting trip. When you order binoculars online, they can get knocked out of whack during shipping. All can be sent back and fixed. Prisms out of line is not a reason to judge a binocular.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 6, 2013
I give the binoculars 5 stars for the price and the accessories 4 stars

I bought the glasses for a trip I will be taking to Alaska and am very pleased with them. I am sure there are better lenses, but I don't need to see the gnat on a bear's tail, I just want a good look at the bear. With these glasses, I am confident that is what I will get.

Instructions come with the glasses for adjusting them for your eyes. It is worth spending a little time making them. Out of the box they weren't bad, but I was able to make some very helpful adjustments.

The glasses feel light in your hands and they are comfortable to hold. The rubberized armor covering gives you a good grip even, I'm sure, when the glasses are wet. They are waterproof, so no need to keep them in the case on drizzly days.

The strap is adequate, but not what I want around my neck for an extended period. I replaced it with a strap off a camera bag I am not using that is wider, softer, and has a little spring to it. Much more comfortable. In the future, I may try a harness if I find I don't like to have my neck taking the weight during extended use.

The case that comes with glasses is well made, but it needs to be larger in order to hold the glasses as well as a decent strap or harness. It barely holds the glasses with the supplied strap attached.

I have not marked the glasses down for the case or the strap because it was the glasses that I wanted. And for the price, I figure I got a good buy even without the case and strap.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.