Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Business Analysis For Dummies Paperback – July 22, 2013
Featured business titles
Sponsored by McGraw-Hill Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Make an impact in your organization with business analysis
- Ensure your team is delivering the right solution
- Use techniques to be an effective business analysis professional
Your go-to guide on business analysis
If you're interested in learning about the methods successful business analysis professionals use, Business Analysis For Dummies has you covered. Inside, you'll find tools and techniques you can apply to your own organization to achieve your financial goals. Get started today!
- Business analysis basics understand the foundation of what business analysis is, why it's valuable, who business analysts interact with, and why being at the center of these people is important
- Your BA toolbelt discover the many business analysis techniques for identifying a business's problems and the tools to get the best results
- Put on your sales hat find out how to analyze and communicate the costs and benefits of the project or product you're working with and sell that package to the organization
- Make things happen put your business analysis techniques to work to fix what's wrong or to take advantage of an opportunity
Open the book and find:
- Business analysis in a nutshell
- Ways to identify and work with stakeholders
- Tools used by successful business analysts
- How to uncover and analyze a business's needs
- Tips to sell a business plan and keep it on track
- Favorite BA techniques used by real professionals
About the Author
Paul Mulvey, CBAP, Director, Client Solutions, B2T Training, has been involved in business analysis since 1995. Kate McGoey, Director, Client Solutions, B2T Training, has more than 20 years' experience in application development and life cycle processes business. Kupe Kupersmith, CBAP, President of B2T Training, possesses more than 14 years of experience in software systems development. He serves as a mentor for business analysis professionals.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
* The model used by the International Institute of Business Analysis is pretty good, in my view. Not everybody will agree with their body of knowledge but I have appreciated it more in the last two years.
* Topics are relevant to the field.
* I like the tone of the book. The authors cover fundamentals, not assuming the reader knows them, while respecting the reader's intelligence.
* The field is promising and needs new candidates to fill positions. There isn't always time to get another university degree and it makes sense to me that some will target the profession directly through this body of knowledge.
-The book like all Dummies books starts out explaining the topic, in this case, how do you do business analysis?
-It then talks about terms and high level what they do
-then talks about tools.
-Mentions what requirements are and how to get them.
-Analyzing and maintaining scope, etc.
The book goes on and on, but it is not wordy or full of fluff. It has just enough detail to explain what business analysis is and how to do it. If you want to be a business analyst or know what they do this is a really well written book on the topic. I would recommend it.
If you want to do formal business analysis to write up reports, this probably isn't the best book for you. I'd look at individual titles on HR, financial analysis, etc. But if you want to be able to look at a business situation where things are going poorly so you can fix it, or well so you can emulate it, this book does a good job of helping you know what to pay attention to.