Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 30, 2017
Absolutely the perfect gift for a recent college graduate. I find in this age of technology where most people are focused on their electronic devices, people are forgetting basic manners. Rudeness has become the acceptable norm - for which there is no excuse. Takes very small effort to be kind and adopt basic universal practices that don't offend others and show respect. I was never offered a job until after having lunch with my future supervisor and the leadership team. And, I did the same with potential employees - much can be understand about the nature of an individuals based upon their manners. Good etiquette is good manners and sign of respect for others.
on October 8, 2014
I ordered this book for a college class and to be completely honest, I wasn't expecting much. It helps that I'm interested in this topic, but I was expecting a textbook type read and this is not anything like that. Jacqueline comes off as personable, funny and very knowledgeable in the field of etiquette. I'm very glad I purchased this book new versus used or renting because it is a great addition to my collection and I'm sure I will reference back to it in the future. I have also recommended it to several friends, coworkers and family members. It's a quick, easy read but had very good information that would be helpful to any one.
on June 28, 2008
This book is fairly short (~150 pages) which makes it a quick way to brush up on etiquette. I found myself taking notes on some of the tips offered by the author which I'm sure I'll find useful. The book seems geared towards salespeople and small business owners, although others will find the information helpful as well.

The book covers the following topics:
First, and lasting, impressions
Small touches equal big business
Suit up for Success
Master you mingle-ability
Small talk savy and effective listening
Dining for Dollars; The art of the meal
Techo-etiquette: minding your manners in the electronic age
Going global: How to avoid an international incident
The power of positive thinking

There are some things that are common sense, although it doesn't hurt to remind us again. I found the tips on mingling and small talk helpful as those are not areas where I'm particularly skilled. The book also covers the classic "where to put your napkin" and "who pays for dinner out" bits of information that we sometimes forget.

Since the book is so short, I wouldn't call it a comprehensive guide to etiquette - (see "Etiquette Advantage in Business" by Peggy and Peter Post for an enormous guide to etiquette) Also, it doesn't contain as much "office etiquette" (for those of us who live in large cubicle spaces in huge corporations) as I'd hoped (see The Etiquette Edge: The Unspoken Rules for Business Success). Still, I think it's a good quick read and a good starting place for polishing your etiquette skills!
on September 21, 2014
As a small business owner I find myself in a variety of social situations and was thrilled to find a book that addresses may of the questions that I frequently had. The book is a quick read and is written in such a way that it entertains you as it educates you. What do you do when you drop a fork at a restaurant? What do you do when someone eats your dinner roll? Do you stand to greet people in all situations? These things happen all the time and it's nice to know what to do! Thanks Jacqueline for letting me know!

You will also want to subscribe to the author's free etiquette newsletter and tips at etiquetteexpert.com.
on October 3, 2014
I had this book for my "event professionals best practices" class this semester and enjoyed every part of reading this book. It is packed with very helpful tips and information that everyone should read. It gave me alot of tips about job interviewing, how to network and communicate with others, business card etiquette, how to impress employers, and many other things. I am glad I have read this book, and would reccommend it to other students, colleagues, and anyone in all job industries.
on July 19, 2016
Great read. It is easy to follow and has many useful business etiquette tips for anyone entering the business world.
on October 1, 2014
This was an awesome book for my Professional Best Practices class. It gives great information for students and also would be a great "reminder" to those of us wanting to touch up our etiquette skills. Great book!
on June 26, 2011
I most strongly recommend Jacqueline Whitmore's book 'BUSINESS CLASS'. It covers just about everything! I have attempted throughout my career to continue my personal development in both Image and Etiquette, and find this book to be absolutely phenomenal! If you don't continue your development in etiquette, pray that your prospects don't either. Once you learn, the mistakes stand out like a sore thumb. Irma Parone, Sr. Vice President and Florida Region Manager, WEISER SECURITY SERVICES, INC.
on June 5, 2017
Love it
on October 7, 2014
This book is a need-to-read for everyone. Although many of the concepts are common sense, they are not used often enough. Jacquelline Whitmore does a great job of reminding us why etiquette and manners are so important to all working people in all industries. Even though this was an assigned book for class, I know I will keep this one in my library.